Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

Tentacle critical on Paulo:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCrit confirm - (1d20+6) (10) [16] -> Paulo
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollExtra damage - (1d6+3) [4]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollFort save - (1d20+7) [25]

"Fuck ya, ya fuckin' fucker!" the old dwarf curses wildly, resisting whatever corrosive, sinful sludge this monstrosity spewed at him.
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 08-08-2018 at 03:00 AM.

3. Default

“Burn you fastardo, you will burn for eating Joyya and will not get Paulo too!!!” Amadeus hisses as he casts his second level two spell of th3 day, shooting more scorching rays at th3 target...

Ray one Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+8) (7) [15] for Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6) (6, 3, 2, 3) [14] damage fire...
    Ray two Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+8) (5) [13] for Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6) (2, 3, 5, 2) [12] damage fire...

Flames shoot forth from Amadeus' hands engulfing the tree-like beast. A horrible screech escapes the beasts oral opening and its tentacles wither and shrink, releasing Paulo from their grip. The huge form sinks onto itself and its mouth expands to spill the contents of its stomach - including one dwarf covered in stomach fluids - back onto the dirt floor. The final demise of the tendriculos does nothing to improve the stale air of the cellar, but it does serve to free Joyya from his prison.

You may never learn how this strange creature ended up in the basement of the ogrekin family, but the thing was obviously not in its natural habitat and you have a feeling that ending its existence was a good thing - definitely for you, and likely also for itself.

There is one other exit from the tendriculos' fungus-covered lair - a single door in the northeast corner.

"H-h-holy h-h-hells," spluttered the slime-covered dwarf. "That was worse'n...well, worse'n anythin' I c'n think of, ta be honest! Gods be good, I sure am glad you lot're with me! I prolly don't say so enough, so take it when ya can get it: thank ya, all, and thank ya from the bottom of an old, one-legged dwarf's heart!"

After wiping himself off and offering to heal Paulo or anyone else who needed it, the old dwarf stumped toward the one closed door left for them to open.

"Guessin' ye'd better check it, Paulo. Gods know I don't wanna get blown up by a trap'r'swallowed by somethin' else!"
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 08-14-2018 at 12:34 AM.

6. Default

“Ever practical my friend,” Amadeus replies, relief on his face that his friend still lives, offering a wine skin with wine, “but first a drink, it may be but wine but better than its bile...”

"I'd drink *shudder* water if I had to right now!" the dwarf says, gratefully accepting the wineskin with thanks to the mage.

Paulo takes Joyyas suggestion and tip-toes carefully towards the door, an eye on every finger. After a careful examination of the door, he declares it free of any traps ((taking 10 on Perception)), secretly hoping that he didn't miss anything. Fortunately, this time opening the door reveals no further hazards.

The small chamber behind the door is little more than a broom closet, but instead of housekeeping implements, the chamber is dominated by a single large chest in the middle of the room. There are no other exits from the chamber.

Last edited by Abberdaggus; 08-15-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Blog Entries

"Ser Loadstone, come here and let me restore you to your more combat-able self." Katharina commands as she brandishes her wand.
    "How is it looking over there ser Zimantu? Anything interesting in this den of filth?" she calls out to the rogue.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCLW - (1d8+1) [3]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCLW - (1d8+1) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCLW - (1d8+1) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCLW - (1d8+1) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCLW - (1d8+1) [5]
    When that's done she remarks:
    "There were other doors on this level, back toward the entrance. Most likely more vile vermin around and hiding; waiting in ambush."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

"Let's get at the chest and get the hells outta this basement," Joyya grumbles after thanking Katharina for the healing.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast