Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

Blog Entries

"Prison first." the executor divine commands, though she waits for Paulo to take the lead.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

"As the lady says," Paulo responds, taking a cue from Jakardros on which door will lead them to the stairs. "We always start in the most depressing, dangerous place..." he adds with a bit of sauce.

Paulo remains alert as they hit the stairwell, and in particular at any doors or entrances to the prison.

Joyya nods and follows, muttering, "Goddamned right we do. Cuz if we don't, we else will?"

'You'd think that after that things would start to look up then, would't you. Why don't we ever get a pleasant surprise. A grateful Deva rewarding us for our valiant efforts, rather than just another threat, another tragedy.' Cyrill bitterly notes, before looking around and remembering that at least someone here still has a father thanks to them running interference in whatever designs playing out here.

"Cuz the world is shit and most've the folks in it are too," the old dwarf replied with more emotion than the words might anticipate. "But we gotta look out fer the few that ain't. Tha's who we are, m' friends."

You follow Jakardros' instructions down the hallway all the way to the end. Along the way, you pass an open doorway into a large chamber that was once a mess hall - now the place is a mess of smashed tables, broken crockery and rubble. As far as you can see, no living thing stirs here. After the stairway leading up, you pass a smashed down door on your left - this is where the last ogre exited to join the battle. Once used to house the wounded and sick, this former infirmary is now a slice of blood-drenched nightmare. Hacked pieces of bodies litter the sick beds. The floor is slick with gore, strewn with mangled organs and heaps of entrails. A dead fat man sits at one of the operating tables, arranged as if he were merrily spooning chinks of his own disembodied organs out of a brown bowl. His guts spill out of a large slash in his belly.

You hurry down to the end, and after Paulo has run a quick check and cleared the door of any traps, you open it to find a storeroom behind with a staircase leading down into the basement.

The flight of stairs ends in a door. Once again, Paulo clears it of any traps. He tries the door handle and finds the door unlocked - it opens into a well-lit room. The simple room might once have been a jailor's den, or perhaps even a torture chamber, but someone has gone through great pains to repurpose it. The air now smells of sweet exotic incense, and veils of multicolored silk drape from floor to ceiling throughout. Between the rustlings of the veils, glimpses of giant cushions are reveiled. The floor is strewn with luxurious red throw rugs and sheets. There is another door in the western wall.

You can sense movement behind the slik drapes, as a figure rises from the cushions to stand at the other end of the room. A voice as sweet as the smell and as soft as the veils calls out to you as you enter. "Well, I see you finally found your way down to my humble abode - how lovely! Please, do come in - unload your burdens and have a glass of wine!" She takes a step foward to reveal herself: A beautiful aristocratic-looking human woman with fire-red hair and alabaster skin. Her face is pure elegance - high cheekbones, demure but lust-stirring green eyes and perfectly shaped eyebrows to accent them. She smiles widely and raises her own glass to greet you, as if to underline her offer of hospitality.

Blog Entries

Katharina takes a step forward, mainly because she doesn't trust the men when confronted with a set of pretty eyes and a nice rack. Her cold eyes look the woman up and down filled with disdain and chilling hatred and doesn't fall for the trick one second. A pretty lady in the basement of this ogre infested fort? Yeah right; Asmodeus didn't tolerate fools.
    "Ser Loadstone, mind that door." she hisses softly at the dwarven warpriest.
    "Your sister Xanesha is dead. I personally cut the head from her neck. You have one chance, one single opportunity to convince me not to do the exact same thing to you. Spew lies or tricks or try and weasel your way out and your life is forfeit. You have one chance, please waste it."
    ((Step to D20.))
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldemoralize - (1d20+10) [23]
    Characters:

Campaigns:

"The Executor Divine is right, miss," Joyya says almost apologetically. He places a hand on Katharina's elbow and grants her Bull's Strength. (+4 STR for Tiger's PC)

"We ain't fallin' fer it and we ain't joinin' ya fer a glass o' wine. This was a place o' peace and you'n'yers turned it inta a place of slaughter. It's a mockery of what it used ta be and that's b'cause o' you and the ogres we just killed up yonder. So don't bother with tricks'r'flattery. Just cut th' bullshit and let's call a spade a spade: we won 'n' you lost. So it goes. The question is, you gonna cooperate, go quietly and maybe save yer miserable life? Or are we gonna do to ya what we just did ta yer big ol' helpers upstairs? If yer hopin' fer the former, then there's one question you gotta start with by answerin' true: who the hells is in charge of this debacle you lot call a cult? Cuz it clearly ain't you."
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 06-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

The lady seems completely unaffected by your threatening words and the reference to Xanesha. "So you were the ones who slew my sweet sister?" Her amused chuckle is filled with the glee of someone, who is convinced she has already won. "To tell you the truth, my dear sister was weak and...well...a bit of a drama queen - always so theatrical! Her death served my master's purpose far more than she ever did alive. You may think that this is just a figure of speech, but I assure you it is true in the most literal sense. You threaten my life as if that means something to me." Another chuckle and a delicate shrug "Well, it is not yours to take, but should you against all odds succeed in carrying out your brutish threats, my death will only advance my masters plans. You, on the other hand, are far more valuable alive than dead, so you have no need to fear me! On the contrary - I'm sure Mokmurian would love to meet you. Capable champions for the cause are so hard to find - and you have proven yourselves more than capable. Tell me your heart's desire, and I will grant it! Anything at all!"

Blog Entries

"Of course you would say that. How stereotypical can you get?" Katharina says in disgust. "As for my desire..." Katharina pauses, images of her buried lust and desires come into her mind from deep underneath her steel discipline. But she dismisses them easily enough.
    "Your head on a gold platter will do just fine."
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast