Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1022

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #981
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Amadeus concentrates on the shape and coloration of the aura to see if can get another reading

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnow arcana - (1d20+8) [16]

    but he can only pick up the strength (moderate) of the aura. Perhaps it is the stench coming from the rotting pile carcasses, which is giving him a headache and making it harder for him to concentrate.
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 02-16-2020 at 08:10 PM.

  2. #982

    Default

    "Jus' pop 'er on," Joyya encourages gruffly. "Then let's roll."



  3. #983

    Default

    Paulo picks up a couple handfuls of gold coins and lets them rain through his fingers, with a sparkle in his eye...occupational hazard, but had to be done.

    "Joyya, you look quite dainty with that headband on. If you wear that and dance a little jig when the next mob comes along...well, that might be a useful distraction!," he finishes with a chuckle. Turning a bit more serious, he adds, "Bloody hells...just wait til we find a cursed something or other that switches you to the bloody ugliest woman we've ever seen!"

    Shaking his head, he helps load up the loot, not wanting to leave an ounce behind.

    "Ok, then..."

  4. #984

    Default

    "Ye know I'd make a fine lookin' woman, rogue," the warpriest chuckles.



  5. #985
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    ((In the interest of moving on, I assume that you stuff your pockets with the loot, and follow the northern passage out of the caves))

    The passage winds northwards climbing another flight of giant-sized steps. It is difficult climbing, but luckily this time, there is no risk of tumbling down the cliff-side, so even with some difficulty, you eventually reach the top, where the tunnel leads out into the open rainswept air.

    You now find yourselves at the top of Skulls Crossing, the massive stone dam decorated with hundreds of stone carvings of skulls. The upper walk of Skull's Crossing is relatively clear of rubble, though a three-inch layer of water has pooled across much of its surface. Here and there, sections of the dam's surface have crumbled away, although this damage appears relatively old. Halfway across the great arc of the dam's walk, you see a large stone structure, formed as massive tower of skull-shaped domes. To the north of the dam the dark choppy waters of the Storval Deep spread as far as the eyes can see (which is not very far as the horizon is hidden behind the veil of the pouring rains). The waters are ominously close to the top of the dam, and the pressure on the dam must be enormous. To the south, the slope of the dam's face drops away nearly three hundred feet to the muddy lake below. Beyond the structure at the center of the dam's walk, you see the wide gap in the dam, where the waters of the Storwal Deep pour down into the bottom of the gorge below.

    Some 300 feet from your current position, closer to the stone structure in the middle of the dam, you spot a small band of ogres milling about - seems to be about five of them. The carry massive picks and work hard at demolishing a section of the dam. It is a monumental undertaking that they have set before themselves, but you can see the stone shards flying off the dam as they ever so slowly work to weaken the structure. The ogres are concentrating on their labor and they do not appear to have seen you yet. However, there is a distance of 300 ft of open dam seperating you and the ogres.


  6. #986

    Default

    "Gods..," the dwarf breathed, "look at 'em! They're really doin' it!"



  7. Default

    “Fireballs or Dimension Door?” Amadeus asks the team.

  8. #988

    Default

    "Gods...those the only two options? Can't we jus' walk over and, ya know, kill 'em th' ol' fashioned way?" Joyya grouses, sounding every bit the old man that he is.



  9. Default

    “Fireballs worked at the fort...” Amadeus replies, “And would force them to come to us here. Magic would put us closer, quicker. I am open to other tactical solutions if anyone cares to offer them... But one of these days up the middle ain’t going to work. What is you summoned another creature to attack from the water while we attacked from the land?”

  10. #990

    Default

    Paulo wipes the rain from his eyes, now that they're out in the weather again. "Why not? Fireball 'em and we'll run up behind it to hopefully finish things off...But only if it won't cause any damage to the dam. We need to do something quick! I'm no engineer, but it won't take much of a breach there for the pressure behind the dam to overwhelm what's left, and the whole thing'll go. Bloody hells that's a lot of water..."

Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •