Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

Blog Entries

"It's not so unusual. Ser Amadeus did the same with all of us. It doesn't matter. We just start looking for her again." Katharina comments before momentary touching Paulo on the arm and pointing to the doors in the wall.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

"Sonofa...," Joyya grumbles, making ready to resume the search.

With ears and eyes as sharp as his blades, Paulo moves cautiously around the small chamber taking note of any detail which may reveal any trace of their foe. It soon becomes clear that he will have to concur with Shalelu's assessment - Lucrecia is no longer here. Paulo does make another startling discovery: Very well hidden behind Lucrecias fancy drapery and made to look just like another part of the rocky surface of the southern wall is a "secret" doorway leading south out of the chamber. It is not clear whether Lucrecia escaped though this hidden doorway - she simply vanished into thin air and none of you noticed her slipping through the door or even operating its mechanism. On the other hand, who knows what kinds of wondrous tricks of deception masters of the magical arts can perform in the heat of battle?

Other things of interest in the room might include a small stack of papers sitting on her desk in the south western corner - by whatever means, she made her escape, she apparently didn't have time to gather her documents as she took off. Also, as Katharina correctly noted, another door (this one rather mundane and made of reinforced wood - and by no means hidden) leads towards the west.

Joyya, stuffing all the documents into his pouch, says, "Readin' time comes later, as does clearin' out the last corners of this damned fort. But firs' thing's first: secret door and find that snake. I'm bettin' my last leg that that's where the sneaky bastard went."

Blog Entries

Katharina looks at Joyya a moment before sighing.
    "Bastard as an insult is for men. If you need to call her something derogatory say something eloquent... Like slattern. As in: that's where that sneaky slattern went."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

As Joyya pockets the papers - in passing, he notices that the papers appear to represent a ledger of some kind, with a large number of names written on them - Paulo pushes open the secret door and takes a peek through it. He is met by the musty smell of cool damp air mixed with a faint smell of decaying fungus and rotting carcasses. Behind the door is a dark tunnel winding through the rocky underground. Very faintly, Paulo hears the sound of cascading water, like a distant waterfall.

Jakardros edges over to join Paulo in scouting down the tunnel. He sniffs the air and listens intently before noting gruffly, "I've never seen this tunnel before, but as I told you earlier, there was a rumor among the rangers that a secret tunnel connects the basement to the cave system through the lizard dens. I'll wager, we are looking at it. The other door...", he gestures at the door in the western wall, "...leads to the prison cells. Probably not much of interest in there - unless they hold some of the brothers captive...". From his tone, it is clear that he finds the chances of finding any of his fellow rangers still alive very slim. "If you like, we can go through the tunnels, but we are likely to encounter a herd of lizards along the way. The rangers usually keep the well fed and relatively docile, but the rangers haven't been in charge for quite some time now, so..."

7. Default

Amadeus picks himself up from where he slumped against the wall, the traitors blade had come so close to being effective in making his wife a widow,p. Picking up the man’s blade, he states, “I will take that as a reminder about sheep and wolves clothing or is it the other way round.”

he he thinks for second then notices Joyya and his stuffing, “Joyya my friend, I could use a bit of healin if you would be so kind,..”. The tone is melancholy as if the road had suddenly become much longer and so much more to complete.

Casting detect magic, Amadeus looks round once more before laughing at slattern and smiling before replying, “At least call the puta Slitherine...”

Amadeus was momentarily distracted when Lucrecia cast her spell and he missed the finer details of her incantations. To Amadeus, it could be any of a number of different spells that he knows of and an even larger number of spells that he doesn't...

Amadeus arrives at the same conclusion as Joyya did - the magical auras present are the same as the ones you brought with you. However, that also includes a couple of items, which the now traitorous ranger possessed. Giving Kavens body a closer inspection, Amadeus finds that his rapier, his leather armor and a ring on his finger all emits auras of magical energy.

Shalelu moves to Amadeus' side to inspect his wounds, while Joyya and the others are occupied with Lucrecias papers and the secret door. She retrieves a small wand from her belt and wield it a couple of times across Amadeus hip, where the traitor managed to stab him.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHealing - (3d8+3) [14]

Shalelu notices Amadeus interest in Kavens items. It is hard to read her expression when she casually notes, "You have certainly earned the bounty of your labour - when you have taken your pick, I am sure whatever remains will prove useful in equipping a new contingent of rangers and rebuilding the Fort....". She looks at Amadeus questioningly to see if more healing is required?

Amadeus is about to complete his screening of Kaven, when his eyes catches a glimpse of a somewhat disturbing sign. Tattoed on Kavens wrist is the sign of the Sihedron Rune - the dreaded symbol of the seven-pointed star that you continue to encounter again and again in your ongoing quest. You can only guess how and why Kaven got this tattoo, but it is hardly a coincidence....

Joyya remarks to the Executor Divine, "I dunno. I don't like slattern. Sounds sexist ta me. But bastard? Hells...men, women, anyone can be a bastard if they try hard enough!"

Turning to the searching of Kaven's body, he adds, "That Sihedron again...figures."

Finally, he says to all gathered, "Well, I can't say that I know that snake well, but she don't seem the type ta hang out in caves with lizards. Moreuva silks'n'pearls kinda gal. My guess is she's still up here somewhere, but damned if'n we'll know 'til we look. Let's start with these cells here and go from there, yeah? Clean this place out good'n'proper so's good folk can occupy it once more. And, if we're lucky, we'll catch a snake while we're at it."

Paulo pushes his way in to look at Kaven's body and his gear...put to foul purposes as it turned out. "The armor and ring might be of interest to me. Now knowing the sort of company he kept, I'd say a proper identification is called for for anything in his possession. Anyone have the ability to do so?"

He nods as Joyya pontificates. "While the odds are not good, if there are cells, perhaps we should check them for any survivors. Those ogres might've saved some for fresh meat later? I don't expect the snake lady will go too far. She's not done with us yet, methinks."

Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast