Thread: [5E] Legacy's Wake Replacements Needed

Default [5E] Legacy's Wake Replacements Needed

I’ve been hit with some players disappearing from my game, Legacy’s Wake, and I’m looking to add some more players to replace them. We're playing through the adventure path of the same name. I would love to add 1 to 3 players to round out the party and keep things moving. You can check out an archive of the initial recruitment thread here.

We’ve adjusted some things since then, but it’s still a good place to start.

The simple pitch is Pirates of the Caribbean with airships.

The longer pitch is in the Recruitment Archive above.

Quick summary of the story so far, the group is working with the Twelve, the officially recognized Thieves’ Guild in the city of Skyfall. There is a certain racist and bigoted senator that has been covertly moving into smuggling. The Twelve cannot allow an independent operator, but moving against a senator takes careful planning. The party has already managed to steal the senator's ledger, but he was clever enough to encode it. The key to the cipher is a journal, but after breaking into his house once, his security won't be so lax again. They need a different approach. Topside has been devastated by an Armada Storm and the senator will be holding a grievance court to hire help. It's the perfect way to curry some favor and gain his trust, but first the party has to find a way to get there without tipping off who they're really working for.

It’s D&D 5E and we use Discord (text) for a lot of our communication/play and the forum for record keeping. It’s still PbP, but tends to go faster than strictly forum based play.

There are house rules since the adventure path came with a great book of player’s options. The biggest house rule is that every character needs to use at least one option from that source (race, class, or archetype). Those options are made available to you through the Discord on a Google drive folder.

I allow WotC published material and will accept UA, 3PP, and homebrew after reviewing and approving it. However, a character still needs to use at least one of the options from the campaign specific source.

The current party consists of a Lizardfolk Ranger (Armada Sentinel), a Sea Troll-blooded Barbarian (Reaver), and a Grothik Weasel-kin Fighter (Battlemaster) and everyone is at level 4.

If that sounds interesting to you, the simplest next step is to join the Discord server so we can chat about your possible character and you can look at the campaign material. I’ll work with you to make sure your character is someone you’re excited to play with hooks into the world that will pay off as you progress. If you’re interested, reply here and I’ll PM you a link. If you’d like to ask some questions before jumping on the Discord, I can field those too.

Well, I can certainly try my hand at playing a cleric/druid or possibly a sorcerer or wizard. I'd be using some material from Xanather's Guide to Everything most likely, but I'd like to see information on alot of things. Perhaps I could chat with you about it on discord?

Interested!

6. Default

also interested!

Quote Originally Posted by eightninetenor View Post
    also interested!
    Sup?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    Sup?
    Hey, Alcazar! Long time, no see! :P

Invite sent! And with three possible new folks, I'm going to go ahead and close the thread. Thanks!