Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: Third Prologue: Digging Deep/SIDEQUEST: TOWER

  1. #21

    Default

    Ulvenn slowly passes Hakon the second dagger to maintain the threat of violence, "I'm helpful to those that help me, but you can't help me if you're bleeding to death," he reminds the guard as he takes the whittling tools, giving it a few tries as gauges the time... They may have to freeze it if he can't get it quite right... What I wouldn't give for certain young thief right now.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDisable Device - (1d20+8) (15) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDisable Device - (1d20+8) (11) [19]

    "No good, freeze the lock and then I'll shatter it," he says taking up position at with the guard again, his eyes boring into the guard.
    Last edited by Zeros; 12-03-2017 at 02:09 AM.


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,262

    Default Prologue: Digging Deep

    If Hakon can sense that the jailer is relaxing knowing that if he cooperated he would not be harmed. He will release his grasp and swap responsibilities.

    As he steps back from the door, his chains drag on the floor. Soon he would be rid of his bonds and be free. He cups his hands together, “vökva” he mutters and his hands fill with water. He pours it into the locking mechanism of the lock and immediately mutters “frostråle.” His hands become covered in frost and releases an arctic force to instantly freeze the water so it will expand and make the already brittle lock even more week for Ulven to smash. He quickly moves to Ulvenn’s bonds and repeated the procedure.

    “There try, now. That should do the trick to weaken he irons. Once we’re free I’ll do the door. I just hope that it doesn’t seize it up instead.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23

    Default

    Ulvenn again switches positions with Hakon and leverages the dagger into the "U" of the padlock, bracing the padlock against the metal bars and then gives a few sharp movements with the dagger, trying to force the lock to break against the locking mechanism.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBurst Check - (1d20+2) (14) [16]


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Ulvenn again switches positions with Hakon and leverages the dagger into the "U" of the padlock, bracing the padlock against the metal bars and then gives a few sharp movements with the dagger, trying to force the lock to break against the locking mechanism.

    [roll0]
    Hakon's magic spurs the Mwangi to draw in a sharp breath. "Toordery!" He traces a sign against evil on his chest. "Shimye-Magalla, preserve us!" The bard recognizes the reference as a variant name for Gozreh, god of all nature in all its fury and majesty.

    Under Ulvenn's and Hakon's combined assault the rusty lock gives way with a metallic groan and shards of brittle metal fall away. The padlock releases.

    Their guard meanwhile has not moved from his knees and keeps his wide brown eyes on the nearest dagger. He thinks of his own blade and how he could never reach it in time, not with both of them armed and so much faster than he ever dreamed. "What will you do with me?" he asks quietly, imagining the only real choice is between a quick death and a slow one.


    OOC:

    One broken (leg iron padlock?) and one to go if you just want to free Hakon's legs. (To remove the collars you can get the key from the captain, they don't inhibit your movement or make noise.) And of course the cell door.
    Last edited by magrat4; 12-16-2017 at 07:14 PM.

  5. #25

    Default

    Ulvenn moves behind the man, "I told you, I help those that help me, don't make me regret it," he whispers in the guard's ear before he slams the hilt of the dagger into the back of the man's neck. He looks to Hakon, "If we have a chance we might bring this one with us, no need to kill one who was going to show me mercy." Ulvenn drags the man behind the door's opening radius, beckons Hakon out, and closes the door to the cell. He begins working on picking their leg irons with the improvised tools while listening for any incoming sailors so that he can get the jump on them when they enter the room.

    ((BTW MTPaladin, feel free to object or suggest other directions, I sometimes just push a whole lot together since it otherwise can take up several days of non-turn based indecision. But feel free to change our course if you would like))



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,262

    Default Prologue: Digging Deep

    “Well done. Either we take him with us or kill him now. He would be a dead man anyway after the captain finds that we have escaped on his watch.” Hakon states his opinion on the mans life while rubbing his ankle. Hakon then grabs the whittling tools so he could have a weapon until they reached the captains quarters.

    Hakon steps over the man and leaves Ulvenn to think about what he would now do with the unconscious jailer to go and listen for noise of anybody else who may relieve the now unconscious man.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by magrat4; 12-04-2017 at 07:52 PM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,262

    Default Prologue: Digging Deep

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (d20+7) [12]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Ulvenn's blow sends the sailor unconscious to the floor. After he falls forward his vest slides up and the short-bladed cutlass tucked into the back of the piper's waistband becomes visible.

    Hakon does not hear anyone coming. It seems probable they have made such good time that it would take about fifteen minutes for a new guard to relieve their old one.

    They have become familiar enough with the curious layout of the ship to know that the optimal course to avoid being seen is to sneak into the galley (which shouldn't be locked) and find the secret passage said to lead up to the Captain's personal quarters and take him by surprise.


    OOC:

    When you leave the room I need one Stealth check each. Unfortunately since the Mwangi having very dark brown skin and you having very light (or ruddy) Caucasion type skin you aren't going to "pass" for crewmen.

    **If you take the course to find the secret passage from the galley to the Captain's Quarters, I'll need a Perception check to find the secret entry. I didn't just put it in the narrative to shorten things up, though it very well may. It also speaks to the Captain being an extremely self-indulgent sort.

    The cutlass is a short curved blade, Martial weapon category slashing weapon that deals *d6+Strength mod and crit range 18-20 x2.

    **The Mercy House Rule in our game says you can choose to deal lethal or nonlethal damage with a "glancing blow" or (for an arrow/bolt) a "nick" regardless of the weapon you are using.

    **Feel free to keep the whittling tools, but there's no need to suffer a -4 penalty for an improvised weapon. Ulvenn has two daggers and gave Hakon one of them, and just found a cutlass to boot. So split those three weapons among the two of you?
    Last edited by magrat4; 12-04-2017 at 08:07 PM.

  9. #29

    Default

    ((But since Ulvenn is not proficient with unarmed strikes it should deal non-lethal regardless, correct?))

    "There won't be a captain to kill him," Ulvenn responds as he examines the cutlass, 'Not quite Retribution's edge... but better than a dagger,' he stashes the body in the corner, putting the manacles on his legs for good measure before snagging the keys to the room. He opens the door just a bit to check for anyone watching, then quietly slips out, immediately heading for the gallery, taking care to move from shadow to shadow and helping Hakon to do the same.

    Once at the Gallery he would begin to search the room after he and Hakon were inside and the door was shut.



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,262

    Default Prologue: Digging Deep

    Hakon tosses back the dagger to Ulvenn and droops the whittling tools in exchange for the curved blade. “I like your thinking.” Hakon agrees with his warrior friend.

    Hakon then follows Ulvenn, taking guidance in where to walk, stay silent and hidden as they make their way to the galley.

    His mouth waters as they get closer, passing many food storage barrels. One in particular gave the faint smell of apples. The two of them hadn’t had a bite to eat in a few days. “No not yet we’ll eat like kings when we’re free, stay focused” he told himself.

    Once they got inside the galley, he turns and posts by the door using his sharp half-elven hearing to listen for anyone that would spoil their escape.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by magrat4; 12-16-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added bold

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •