Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [5e] The Legacy of Shannara

Default [5e] The Legacy of Shannara

At the dawn of the First Age, the world of Shannara was born out of the destruction of the planet we once called Earth. As the missiles fell, as the nuclear blast destroyed all that was left of a dying world, a chosen few were selected to survive. These chosen were to lead us into a new age. They were the genesis of what would come to be known as Shannara.

Many countless millennia onwards, it has all come full circle. Shannara is slowly dying, and the chosen will lead a handful of survivors into the dawning of a new age -- the Final Age.

The most glorious Age of them all.

A thousand years have passed since the time of Grianne Ohmsford, Ard-Rhys of Paranor. The world of Shannara is one that is barely recognisable from the one walked by the likes of Jerle Shannara and his descendants. The majority of the world's population is dead, victims of a virulent plague carried by the mutated wielders of the Wishsong. Through the corruption of the magic, these carriers unleashed a deadly torrent of death and destruction upon the unsuspecting inhabitants of the Four Lands.

Magic is now illegal. Wielders of the Wishsong are hunted down and exterminated upon the first manifestation of their powers. This intolerance has extended to all users of magic. The druids are no more, and the ancient keep of Paranor has been torn down with the ignorance and hatred of so-called goodly folk who brand all users of magic as the same.

Far, far away, in the desolate Northlands, a fell presence stirs. A terrible fragment of an ancient evil, one thought long lost and dead in the annals of time long gone by wakes once more..... Soon, its shadow will fall across the remnants of the Four Lands. Echoes of its power and terrible majesty have already been felt -- sightings have been seen of the dead rising again to walk the earth, mindless monstrosities infused by the dark essence of something incomprehensible. Far away from civilised lands, savage spider gnomes gather under the banner of a warlord.

Soon the Four Lands will cry a river of blood.

Here, where this all began -- this is where it will all end. Echoes of a time long past, come back again.

For the chosen few, blissfully unaware of what is unfolding around them in the world at large, sheltered within the safe and sleepy Shady Vale, life is about to change forever. Here, in the place where so many, many years ago Shea and Flick Ohmsford embarked on a quest that would change the fate of the world forever -- here, it all begins again.

One last time.

Shadows gather around Shady Vale, and a dark stranger rides towards the village.....as Allanon himself had so long ago.

Here, where it all began, so does this chapter finally end.

~~

Application Details:

Hello everyone. My name is Valen, and I will be your host for this tale of derring-do. When applying for this game, I am looking for the following details in your application:

Name:
    Race:
    Class:
    Personality Traits:
    Ideal:
    Bond:
    Flaw:
    Background:

Overview: In one paragraph, give me a high level summary of your character. An example of this is as follows:

Karnak is a heavily-scarred warrior who was a high-ranking soldier in the Warlock Lords army. He is looking for redemption following his desertion from the force, however is haunted by nightmares of the many atrocities he has committed.

I would also like to see a picture of your character, and a link to your character sheet when done.

Following this, answer me these four questions:

1: Why do you enjoy PbP?

2: What do you look for in a PbP game?

3: Describe to me your best experience in a PbP game

4: Describe to me your worst experience in a PbP game.

Finally, I want you to post me a short role play sample in response to the following scenario as you think your character would respond:

"A stranger rides into town on the back of a dark horse. You are going about your daily business when the horse charges up to you. The rider is dismounted. He falls to the floor, an arrow jutting from his shoulders. Under his breath he mutters something about an army of the dead closing from the north, then he passes out.Ē

~~

Mechanics:

Acceptable Races: Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Gnome
    Acceptable Classes: Any non-spellcasting classes, for now
    Ability Score Generation: Point Buy or Standard Array
    Miscellaneous: All otherdetails as per PHB. No Unearthed Arcana. The characters all are friends with, or at least know of each other having lived together in Shady Vale.

~~

Other Notes:

Hi all. This is my first game on TTW and Iím looking forward to it. Being a huge fan of the Shannara series, this is a game Iíve been looking to run for a long time. I will be looking to take between 4-6 players for this. You will all start as callow youths in the village of Shady Vale but will get whisked on the journey of a lifetime shortly after.

Although Iíve noted in the application
    parameters no spellcasting classes at this time, I will be selecting one player to develop magic abilities shortly after the game starts. This will be the catalyst for the game adventure beginning- we can discuss the specifics after the game starts. If you would liketo be considered for this role then please PM me, I willselect from all interested participants after we start.

Any qís then please do not hesitate to ask.

Just to be clear, if we're eliminating spell-casters, classes are: Fighter, Rogue, and Barbarian?

Yup, at least to start with anyway.

4. Default [5e] The Legacy of Shannara

What is the starting level? Wouldnít Monk at least be included? Ranger if we start at level 1?
    Last edited by Knoxly; 11-14-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Monk is fine too. Start at Level 1

6. Default [5e] The Legacy of Shannara

Whew! I was pulling a monk together in my head already. Heh.

Default [5e] The Legacy of Shannara

Interested in this!! Got a few tests this week but should have a character ready soon. Trying to get back into Pbp now that my schools under control haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roclot/Human/Fighter

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1397836

I have PbP some and like it. Only problem I have is sometimes there is some long pauses.

Hello, as few of my current games fell apart, I'm looking for games to join.
    I will update this post as I work on the application.

Currently I'm thinking a dex based Elvish Fighter.

Name: Aurien Trueflower
    Race: Elf (Wood Elf)
    Alignment: CG
    Class: Fighter
    Personality Traits: I have a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature.
    Ideal: Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
    Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
    Flaw: I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.
    Background: Outlander

Myth-Weaver: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1402168

Overview:

Aurien is tall and slim, yet her tanned skin and fierce eyes show that she's a warrior. Born in a small Wood Elf tribe, Aurien was sent out to travel the world to learn new things that couldn't be learned within their forest. She holds strong hatred against monstrosities as her forest was frequently invaded by those foul creatures.

Following this, answer me these four questions:

1: Why do you enjoy PbP?
    Because I get to play with people from all around the world and I can find time to 'play' in between things even if I'm busy.

2: What do you look for in a PbP game?
    I like RP and would like the game to be flowing at a steady pace.

3: Describe to me your best experience in a PbP game
    When we got to have a good 'campfire' RP moment, and also when the DM works with my character's background story and incorporates within the game story.

4: Describe to me your worst experience in a PbP game.
    Other than the games that ended due to DM's just disappearing, my worst experience would be when no one wants to RP and most just focuses on battles and dice rolling.

Finally, I want you to post me a short role play sample in response to the following scenario as you think your character would respond:

"A stranger rides into town on the back of a dark horse. You are going about your daily business when the horse charges up to you. The rider is dismounted. He falls to the floor, an arrow jutting from his shoulders. Under his breath he mutters something about an army of the dead closing from the north, then he passes out.”

Aurien lets out a small gasp as she tries to catch the rider, but is too late. She runs over to the man and flips him over, supporting his wounded shoulder so the arrow does not sink deeper.

"Hey, hold it together! What army? What happened to you?!" Aurien gently shakes the man, trying to get him to open his eyes. "Someone, get the doctor! Hurry!" Shouting over her shoulders hoping someone would hear her, she studies the man's wound to see if she can stop it from getting worse.

[roll=Medicine Check]1d20[/roll]

Portrait:
    Aurien.jpg
    Last edited by TheElvenMaiden; 11-19-2017 at 01:12 AM.

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare

10. Default [5e] The Legacy of Shannara

Interest post- making a character now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast