Thread: [5E] Replacement needed for Eye of the Storm (One-Shot)

1. Default [5E] Replacement needed for Eye of the Storm (One-Shot)

Daggerford is an up-and-coming settlement along the Trade Way on the Shining River. It is here where you have made your base during the majority of your adventuring career after obtaining a plot of land from the Duchess and building a keep for yourselves. You have gained much fame due to your various great deeds and are even titled lords and ladies of Daggerford, some of you even owning various farms and shops in the town.

Only recently you and your motley crew of adventurers thwarted a series of skirmishes from an overly ambitious hobgoblin legion. Through your interrogations of some of these scouts, you determined that one Grarir Rutbane was the overlord behind these attacks, aiming to take over Daggerford in its nascent age and reap the rewards of its fertile land and strategic placement. You did not take kindly to this incursion and spearheaded Daggerford's forces to destroy most of the legion and force the overlord to flee with whatever paltry forces remained, mere remnants of the once proud and hundreds strong hobgoblin war legion.

Two days since that victory even before the celebrations of overcoming this major threat were complete, a storm like no other hit the settlement and the entirety of the surrounding region.

The storm wasn’t seen as anything unnatural at first, but after days without relenting, untold devastation, and scores of deaths, its victims now suspect otherwise. Many consider the storm to be a punishment from the gods’, others claim it to be the work of cruel wizards, while still others believe it to be the herald of the apocalypse. Each day, the storm grows wider in its berth and increasingly more destructive. Thunder roars across the countryside, lightning ravages the landscape, and the unending precipitation threatens to spoil the entire season's harvest and break the agriculture-driven economy of the town itself.

If something isn’t done to disperse the storm soon, it threatens to swallow not just Daggerford but the entire sword coast. The unrelenting storm that ravages the countryside threatens to destroy everything. People cannot travel safely, and the storm claims more and more each day from its ruin. In its hour of need, the people of Daggerford look towards its mightiest heroes and saviors.

The diviners are mixed in their opinions as to the storm’s source, but there’s one thing all their visions point to: the summit of Mount Illefarn. The eye of the storm.

---

This is a one-shot adventure for D&D 5th Edition. I am looking for one replacement player for one of the groups. This is a one-shot adventure with a potential chance of continuity in the form of retaining your characters for another one-shot in the future.

---

Character Creation:

Posting Requirements: Once a day. Weekends are optional for both me and the players. I might NPC your character if that's the only one holding up combat during the weekends but I try not to rush over RP scenes unless the game is slowing down too much.

Party dynamics: The assumption is that the party dynamic has been set at this point so the selected players will probably have to work that out among themselves before we can really start the adventure.

A completed application will include:

1. The character's name, race, and class.
    2. A brief description of your character's backstory (also include it in the sheet)
    3. A link to your MythWeavers character sheet, which should be correctly/completely filled out.
    4. The word "Jenga", as proof that you actually read through the rules.

Acknowledgments: Rellott for allowing me to adapt (almost verbatim) his rules for character creation.

To repeat, I am looking for one replacement character only at the moment and I will close the thread quickly and resume the game for the other players as soon as I have one or two suitable applicants.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gith View Post
    What are the other classes/races this character would be joining in with?
    Good question. I always forget to include this in my replacement threads.

This is the existing roster:

Balasar Nemmonis, Dragonborn Barbarian 1/Warlock 10 played by Knoxly
    Dante "Bombastus" Senfirno. Dragonborn Bard played by Xubrai
    Ophalia, Fallen Aasimaar Monk (Shadow) played by SarynKitamo

Let's see how this works out...

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (1, 6, 2, 1, 1, 2, 4) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (5, 2, 3, 5) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (5, 4, 6, 6) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (5, 6, 6, 4) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (3, 1, 1, 6, 4, 2) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (6, 1, 1, 1, 5, 3, 2) [14]

Favorite Game is Tiamat Jenga.

This gives me a good start, working on class / race information now.
    Last edited by Gith; 11-14-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Marrisa Knuckleberry
    Ghostwise Halfling
    Hunter Ranger lvl3 / Nature Cleric lvl8

Beginning her life as a acolyte of the woods, Marrisa was well trained in traversing the forests silently and striking without notice. A year into her roaming the Chondalwood, her small band of rangers were ambushed by wood giants. As her party was being slaughtered, Marrisa took a giant club to the head and had a vision of a golden horned unicorn as she passed out. When she woke, she was alone - no sign of her friends or the giants that took their lives. She wandered the woods for four days before collapsing at the edge of her village.

Dizzying dreams invaded her brain, recalling the ambush over and over and always ending with the same unicorn leading her to safety. When she awoke a week later, the elders of the village deemed her visions a call to change her life in service of Mielikki and be led wherever the visions led her. Studying in the arts of a Nature, Marrisa made a change in her life to spread the word and message of Mielikki and left the Chondalwood. As time went on the visions became more infrequent until Marrisa found herself in Daggerford using her Ranging and Healing skills in a war against hobgoblins with a new group of adventuring friends.

Jenga!!
    Last edited by Gith; 11-15-2017 at 01:33 AM.

7. Default

Alright, since I am only looking for 1 replacement and this is a valid submission, I am going to close the recruitment here. I will figure out the subforum password and send you a PM, Gith.