Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viewer Questions, Comments & Discussion

Default Viewer Questions, Comments & Discussion

If there are any viewers out there who are enjoying the story please make a comment here and tell us what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! Now I don't have to crash your player discussion board.

I'm really enjoying reading this thread, just got all caught up today.

You have a strong bunch of writers who really capture what's going through their characters' heads, bravo!

And I'm in awe of your worldbuilding and how you contextualize everything within Golarion and offer lots of immersive sensory detail. Frankly I often skate by using dialogue to introduce the politics and culture and I could take a page from your book.

Overall I'm really hooked by the characters' personalities and trials and dreams so far. Crossing my fingers that Axle's wife and little girl will be safe. Can't wait to watch Regi and company take on the gnoll! And interested to see where the two chosen monks end up, romantically and on their separate quests.

Keep it up, everyone!
    Last edited by magrat4; 11-16-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: edit: I meant monks not dwarves, was rushing

I know I've been patiently, pleasantly reading along but I can't wait to get back into it. I've machinations for Regi. I apologize in advance. :P
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Default Viewer Comments & Discussion

Iím so glad that youíre following us and enjoying the story so far.

I hope itís not too confusing with all four stories mixing together. I was debating putting each one in their own sub-chapter so it reads smoother but I didnt think of that till we were about a week in. Darn

I sure lucked out being able to work with this group of writers. They are doing a wonderful job helping bring this little idea to life. Iím loving how itís turning out so far. This is just as much their story as it is mine and we are doing an awesome job if I can say so. I canít wait to see where it goes from here once everyone meets up next chapter.

Itís not quite in Golarion but a bit more of my own world. Iím from Montana so the mountains and the sprawling plains have inspired me to create this portion of the world and modify the Ironfang Invasion Adventure Path a bit to add more depth.

It will sandbox a bit more with the main idea but with plenty of side stuff to keep everyone busy or maybe even get sidetracked a bit (GM evil grin and laugh).

Been thinking about the separate storylines. I guess I might have put the name of the character in the Title box and where they were located in that scene, for added clarity---saw another GM do that once. But aside from that I have to admire how each personal prologue was handled. I had no problem following it, except I occasionally confused Korak with Kostan like with my gaffe earlier about dwarves in love. (Sorry guys, I was rushing.)

Starting off with separate storylines, where each character is under the spotlight in a familiar (to them) and super fleshed out (by GM) setting, and getting the NPCs' full attention, really gives these characters a chance to develop their unique persona---before group dynamics come into play. I think it feels more like a novel this way.

I can't wait for the characters to meet up and take each other's measure. I do wish I could see their backstories though. Read through character sheets this morning, nicely detailed personality notes for two of you. Looking forward to the day someone gets their truth without a bit of sugar, or realizes appealing to someone's better nature in the thick of a brawl may just make someone madder...

The complex moral dilemmas for Korak were well spelled out by both GM and player. (Divided loyalties, no easy solution with his own clan and others desperate and deprived of resources, etc.)

I was really strung along by Kostan's dream sequence even though I knew such a major encounter and gear would have to come far down the line. And I hope it will!

Axle's encounter with the brownie chasing hop hops was funny and his relationship to the wild mountain and his family very vivid.

And Regi gave me the best possible introduction to the kuru race and how they revel in those feral drives that give them such an edge, and the Calistria symbol coming into her possession and getting adopted for now was a nice touch.

Keep doing what you do! ::reaches for bowl of popcorn::
    Last edited by magrat4; 11-17-2017 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling grrr

MTpaladin your inbox is too full, heads up. I may be partly responsible...

Default Viewer Comments & Discussion

Oh I didnít know it had a cap. Iíll go through it now.

Quote Originally Posted by MTpaladin View Post
    Oh I didn’t know it had a cap. I’ll go through it now.

No worries, I e-mailed my PM reply to your gmail instead.

@StillClimbing, thanks for your message. I liked what you wrote about Axle on your sheet, hence why I couldn't resist quoting the bit about people who want their truth with a bit of sugar (and won't get it from him).

@everyone: I just recommended your thread to another forum player who asked for a rec, so maybe you'll get some more fans...
    Last edited by magrat4; 11-17-2017 at 06:35 PM.

The praise, the adulation, the blushing! Huh? That's just me? Not-uh Regi was too! Oh no... she heard me. Ahhhh!

But seriously @magrat4 that rep tho, thank you I probably enjoyed that scene the most so far. It's got a fun dichotomy also a not so subtle call to Regi's goddess hood.

Also the Calistria drop was completely out of left field and was all MT. All the praise to the GM I got a little giddy when I read it. Little behind the curtain Regi and religion hasn't had the best of relationships I had machinations of her being merely a fervent heathen forever but with just that I've been looking into a paladin dip. Masterful.
    Last edited by No Body; 11-18-2017 at 03:35 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

@MT: I hope you don't mind my asking, but could you perhaps engage Regi with some NPCs in Faith (victims of the gnoll or something or just a tavern), or even fast forward Kostan's arrival in Faith so the PCs can meet each other and talk and realize they are after the the same gnoll? Would give everybody something fun to do, and me more to read...
    Last edited by magrat4; 11-18-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast