Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of Character Discussion

Default Out of Character Discussion

Please keep your out of character discussion and questions here. This will help keep the game forum clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Default

Hey guys, I'm having a little bit of trouble. This is my first pathfinder adventure, and I was wondering if you guys had any good pointers, websites, etc I could look at. I've got the basics of my character down, but I could use some help finishing it up. So if I could get some help, that would be awesome

Well for really useful reference guides that contain 99% of all the Pathfinder reference material I use 2 different apps;

PFRPG rd
    And
    RPG books

Both of these apps are TOTALLY FREE and have NO ADDS. And in PFRPG rd there is need of in app purchases to stay updated. In RPG books each addition is only $.99. A steal compared to the $50 for a hard copy off the shelf or $30 for a pdf version.

The PFRPG rd only contains the Piazo published material and not the compatible materials. Sometimes the search function doesnít find exactly what your looking for but itís all in there up to just short of the most recent materials. If itís not in there it will be updated shortly after it comes out on the market.

Plus the RPG books has all the 5e, d20 and d20 modern material as well.

Hope this helps to give you all the material to rummage through. If you have any specific questions, I hope I can help point you in the right direction.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 10-18-2017 at 10:21 PM.

The official piazo website has all their open sourced material, aka everything you need to play. No links but Google it and you'll find it right away. There's also an srd with most of the materials as well as some 3rd party material. I would suggest sticking to the official site however. Class guides are a good way to get an idea of the capabilities of a class, their mechanics and load out to what's needed to make certain things work. I will suffix that with a they're often written with optimization in mind and doesn't leave much room for anything else. I find them a decent enough measuring stick but nothing close to end all be all.

Other than that my pm is always open. I'm no master but I know my way around the system if you're stuck and I never mind helping. Also there are often members in the discord, just the other day they all answered someone's mechanics question quickly and masterfully, probably could venture there if you need a quick response.
    Last edited by No Body; 10-19-2017 at 01:07 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Hey everyone,

We already have our first couple natural 20s, one of which being an insane critical hit by Regi our resident savage. And just my luck, Iíve already rolled a couple natural 1s. Sad trombone...wau wau wauoaua.

I know that the Pathfinder core rules say to confirm critical hits and failures. But I love it when you guys get a critical hit and chance to change the tide of the battle. So Iíll give you a couple options;

1. Confirm the role if you want the standard crit damage.

2. Request a CRIT CARD no conformation needed. Iíve got a deck at home and will choose one at random. I will award and narrate the damage pertaining to the type of weapon used.

Same goes for critical fails. If you want the chance redeeming your critical fumble;

1. Roll to confirm the crit fumble. If confirmed something bad will happen at my discretion. Ie. weapon breaks, drop weapon, or you hit an object or even an ally.
    If you meet or surpass the targets CMB you simply miss or hit armor

OR

2. You can take a FUMBLE CARD no conformation needed. I will take a card at random and award the penalty based on the type of weapon or action/maneuver used.

Over time as your characters gain more adventuring experience less and less crit fumbles will be given. Unless thatís your thing and want to take them all as they come. This way combat wonít get interrupted during a boss battle because your weapon goes sailing across the field or over the edge or broken.

This can even be easily done. After posting your rolls, youíre able to see the results. Select to edit your post and without making any additional BBcodes type next to your critical roll what option you would like to use.

As an added bonus and narrative flair due to being used, I think that at the end of each chapter I will award little bonuses for who ever uses the most CRIT CARDS and FUMBLE CARDS.

So in the words of Olivia Newton-John -
    ďLet's get critical, critical
    I want to get critical
    Let's get into critical
    Let me hear your dice talk, your dice talk
    Let me hear your dice talkĒ

No wait thatís not right.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 11-09-2017 at 06:57 PM.

6. Default

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1367262 This is what I have so far. He should be done tonight if I can find the rest of the stuff I need. Any pointers and tips?

I need to get the skills, HP, and my feats, then I think I'm okay? But I'm not too sure.

Im new to the pathfinder setting, sorry its taking so long to get the cleric up and going for the adventure guys!
    Last edited by Rewindlife; 10-20-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rewindlife View Post
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1367262 This is what I have so far. He should be done tonight if I can find the rest of the stuff I need. Any pointers and tips?

I need to get the skills, HP, and my feats, then I think I'm okay? But I'm not too sure.

Im new to the pathfinder setting, sorry its taking so long to get the cleric up and going for the adventure guys!
    A couple of things.
    If your playing a dwarf he should be much older than 23 and much shorter than 6ft. And a preference of a dwarven god but not required. Or perhaps the dwarf was misplaced.

8. Default

Oh yeah, I forgot to change the age, height and deity, he was human before I changed him to dwarf, because I really was feeling a dwarf, those will be changed for sure.

Just a heads up, I'll be rather light tomorrow if around at all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Currently having terrible flashbacks to another monk I played...

Group gets attacked by bandits.
    Monk (currently level 3) steps out the back of the wagon and faceplants into the dirt.
    Stands up, brushes himself off, realizes he's flanked on either side by a bandit holding a spear.
    Both bandits crit.
    Monk dies instantly.
    Sad day for Xubrai.
    See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast