Thread: Greetings Fellow Travelers

Default Greetings Fellow Travelers

I'm Joey, I live in Gulfport, Florida with my husband and two cats. I have played D&D for about a year collectively now. I went from playing a DM to playing a DM to playing a DM, mostly because I can create and imagine worlds in a second. I however not being really familiar with the rules had been a little lenient on what happened. However, I wanted to have fun and also see the players side of things. Which brought me to my first time being a player. Needless to say, I messed up, not used to the rules along with my own rules floating around in my head. The others quickly taught me what was wrong. Other than that I have been searching for a current group that would allow me to be present and not present sometimes. I have a busy job in the mornings/afternoons and sometimes wouldn't have time to constantly be there. Roll20 proved to be a big help then, with a little searching I decided that a forum based rpg would be more my style. After an extensive internet search, I found myself here. And I'm eager and willing to add myself into an adventure and enjoy playing again.

Joey

Welcome to the site Joey! If you're not solid on all the rules, there's a great collection of people here that are always willing to assist. May your adventures leave you scarred for life be full of friends and fun.
    Last edited by Xubrai; 09-13-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Why should I apologize for the monster I have become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.

On behalf of the staff of TTW (The Tangled Web), welcome, Joey! You've definitely come to the right place if you're looking to do some roleplaying over the web.

We have all manner of games that are currently recruiting. You can find them over at the Recruiting Office. It has its own rules, so check them out before you get started. Also, feel free to check out our Site Staff Info & Forum Tools forum, where you can find the site-wide rules, as well as several threads that teach you how to use the various code-related functions of the site, such as rolling dice. Even if you're brand new to this, don't worry. If you see a game in the Recruiting Office that interests you, go ahead and post in its thread to let the GM know that you're interested but you're new to the site. If they are willing to help, they'll definitely say so, and many of the GMs here are kind and helpful. And finally, whenever you feel like it, you can post in the Recruiting Office to recruit players and run your own game, too!

If you don't find an advertised game that appeals to you right away, have patience. New games are listed all the time. While you wait, you can check out the online rules documents for the types of games you want to play (if they have them). For instance, if you want to play Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition, check out the SRD (System Reference Document) and do some reading. Or, if you are interested in trying Pathfinder, try here or here. If you want to get in on Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, there's lots to read both here and here.

Keep in mind that we have several different styles of games around here. Play-By-Post (PbP) is a gaming setup in a forum format, wherein people take turns posting their actions and reactions. You also have a variety of Live options, from simple Skype sessions all the way to people who use a virtual tabletop gaming program like MapTool or Roll20. Depending on your preference, you might want to look into those. MapTool in particular has plenty of tutorial videos available from both RPtools.net and YouTube.

Weíre here to help and support you. If you have any questions or issues with the site, feel free to post them in our Site Questions & Feedback Forum. If youíd like to contact a Staff Member directly, check out the Current Staff List. Give our Member-Created Content a look, if you like. The site also has a decent FAQ available for some common questions. You can also post any questions you may have right here and we'll do our best to answer them.

TTW uses a Reputation feature. If you come across a person that has posted something you like, you can click on the little starburst icon at the bottom of the post box and add to their Reputation. As a memberís Reputation grows, a green bar will begin to fill up under their username and title. It's a nice way to show that you appreciate someone's time and effort.

Again, welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay, and happy gaming!

Welcome Joey,
    I found myself on this site due to very similar reasons. I had always read all the players handbooks, and all the dungeon master guides, and all the supplements, purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of the books just to find myself with no friends that shared that interest growing up. My first game ever wasnt until finding this site and it has been a big part of my daily life sense. I then got the chance to play on a virtual tabletop (roll 20/maptools) and have just in the recent months began really trying pbp. I just began running an adventure using pbp, so that will be a first for me.
    Well i guess im really trying to say you have found a great community here. I will help you with any questions you may have if i can and I am sure any one else will too.
    Best of luck on your adventures.
    "My Jagan Eye may not be natural but it does give me exactly what I need."​

Yuna Lesca - Leaves for Trees

Tiz and her faithful partner Lightning - Ascendancy of the Marked(Luna Crew)

Haha, I love that actually, I'm hoping that I can get more friends and adventures as well.

Default Greetings Fellow Travelers

Iím a little like you joey. Iím still a freshman GM but love to tell stories. With your imagination and tips about being a DM I would love for you to join my game. Itís still in the Interest Check portion. Iíve created a homebrew/Mashup prelude to the Ironfang Invasion Pathfinder Adventure Path. Itís in the frontier of a growing kingdom so there are plenty of options for characters with reasons why they would be going to the frontier.

If your interested and would like more interest go to the Recruiting forum and look for the [IC] homebrew/Mashup prelude to the Ironfang Invasion Pathfinder Adventure Path and post your initial character interest. Hopefully we can begin character building next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what editions you're interested in, but I've just opened up a tutorial game for 5e, for people new to D&D, 5e, play-by-post, or even just to the Tangled Web. If you're interested, you can check it out here: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...night-s-Squire