Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Externship: Potions and Primates

"Always a joy to see you, professor," Agwe begins with a smile. "The mayor has put up a bounty for magical monkeys causing chaos in town. Instead of killing them, though, could we possibly bring them here instead?"

Diplomacy roll = 15
    Last edited by AdAltiora; 09-14-2017 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added roll result

Labi will attempt to help in Agwe's diplomacy.
    "We feel that perhaps capturing them instead of killing them will be a unique challenge of combat and also control!"

3. Default

Lialda signs the sheet about the monkeys. The magic shop sheet looked a little crowded for her tastes, and she is excited to exercise her abilities with this new challenge rather than merely tidying up.
    Last edited by eightninetenor; 09-14-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Agwe, Labi
    "Hmph. I suppose it's better than killing them," Bhatt says. "But if you bring them here, I will hold you responsible for making sure they don't wreak havoc here in school the way they do in town."
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-15-2017 at 01:33 PM.

At the Signup Sheets
    Feilim marches up to the sign-up sheets and puts his pen to the Monkey assignment. He stops to read the names already on it, then jerks the pen back and scowls.

"I'm not working with that fish rat," he mutters. He moves to the Magic Shop sheet and leaves a large, fancy signature that takes up three lines.

A few minutes later, Agrimony silently signs up for the monkey catching job before running to the tables to get some breakfast.

"Oh no. Responsibility? I take it back then!" Agwe throws his arms up with a smile--though half sincere. "Let us hope for the best then. Thank you professor. But while we are here..any advice for the hunt?" He tries to be as charming as possible.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollCharisma - (d20) [7]

Agwe, Labi
    "I'm neither a zoologist nor a hunter," Bhatt says. "So... no. Now, I have papers to grade and monkeys to catch. Best get moving."

"Thank you professor!"
    Labi walks beside Agwe to the head of the school. "Well that could have gone better but... it still shouldn't be too difficult right? Actually... one sec! I'll meet you out front!"
    Labi waves as he darts away to the cafeteria.

Bowing farewell to Bhatt, Agwe sighs and shrugs with a smile in reply to Labi. Waving farewell, if he still has enough time, he'll try to quickly find Idowu and ask for his advice on the monkeys.

(( Authentic Forum Dice-rollDiplomacy - (d20) [1] if needed ))

Labi
    You go to the kitchen and find Ms. Pines dishing rice porridge into large tureens. and covering them with lids. Oranges are squeezing themselves over pitchers. As soon as a pitcher becomes full of juice, the juice vanishes.

(Make a Diplomacy check, please.)

Agwe
    You head to Idowu's office and find him leaving, carrying a heavy trunk with him.
    "So sorry," he says before you can ask your question. "I can't help you with any assignments today. I'm taking some of the third years to observe giant sea snakes underwater and the ship's changed its departure time and it's going to leave without us if we don't hurry."

He doesn't stop walking as he talks to you, and by the time he's finished his sentence he's rounded the corner and sprinted off towards the entrance.

Everybody
    At 10:00 in the morning, everybody who's going out on missions has lined up at the school's front gates. A burly orc man is standing in front of you.

"Right," he says. "Everybody single file. Upperclassmen, you know the drill. Underclassmen, you probably don't know the drill, so I will tell you the drill. As you leave I am going to hand you a medallion. You need to keep that medallion on you at all times, because if you show up later without it I'm not letting you into the school."

As you leave he does exactly as he said he would, handing you a tiny medallion on a string that can be worn as a necklace or shoved in a pocket. The medallion is gold colored and has the initials L.A. engraved on the front.

Red River Valley, the closest town and the place your missions are all located, is a two-mile walk away from the school. It's a large town, with cobblestone roads and lots of buildings of various shapes and sizes. As you approach it you're hit with the smell of smoke, spices, people, and animals. The roads are busy, with pedestrians and with ox-drawn carts and carriages.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast