Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Externship: Potions and Primates

Junkyard
    The invisible monkey is de-webbed. A couple seconds later a banana floats out of Labi’s crate, peels itself, and begins slowly disappearing.

Lialda’s attempt at spell-crafting remains just that: an attempt. Nothing comes of it.

Magic Shop
    Feilim seems to have stayed behind in the shop. Everybody else, even Zhao, makes it to the Alley of Commotion. There they see Galaga, a magnificent steed, and eight half-orcish archers all facing off against a young boy. The boy, who looks to be about ten, is holding a potion bottle in front of him at arm’s length.

(Galaga, please roll Bluff or Intimidate.)

"Have any ideas, Agrimony?"

Junkyard
    Agrimony thinks for a moment before saying, “The job offer said some of the monkeys had recently gotten magical powers. Maybe we could... er... try to determine the cause of the powers. And then figure out what to do. If you think that’s a good idea.

Agwe nods thoughtfully. "Not a bad idea. In fact, we haven't actually figured out what our first orange-hiding friend can do. Lialda, any way we could get a demonstration?"

5. Default

Lialda thinks for a moment, then kneels down and makes eye contact with the monkey she charmed. "Can you do anything special, my little friend?" she asks it. "Can you show us?"

Labi sits beside the floating banana and peels a fruit of his own.
    "If that doesn't turn up anything then we can always research back at the school. Can you ask the monkeys about if they know any other of their friends who have magic powers?"

Magic Shop
    The boy glares up at Galaga through narrowed eyes. A bead of sweat trickles down his forehead.

You wouldn’t do it,” he says in a slightly shaky voice. “If they shoot me, this potion hits the ground and the vial breaks and you and you all are dead! Just back away already!

Junkyard
    (The Speak With Animals spell lasts two minutes, and you guys have been chatting for a while. I’d say you have time for one more quick question and that’s it.)

The visible monkey grabs a fistful of copper shavings and proudly holds it out to show Lialda.

Agwe nods at Labi and quickly talks to the invisible monkey.

9. Default

Lialda pats the visible monkey affectionately on the head. "Very impressive! You can keep that. Our gift to you."

Vulwin, utterly confused by what's going on, looks at Dorsard with a puzzled expression.

"Any idea what's going on over there?"

Why should I apologize for the monster I have become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast