Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Labi and Vulwin: Dueling

  1. #1

    Default Labi and Vulwin: Dueling

    Your next class is being held in the large gymnasium in the center of the school's first floor. The class is rather small; aside from you the only students who show up are Taina and Perdita. The gymnasium has plenty of exercise machines, weights, and gymnastics bars. Your teacher -a massive albino half orc in full plate armor- is standing in an thirty foot by thirty foot wrestling ring in the center of the room.

    "Welcome to Magic and Combat," the half-orc says in a thick Raide accent. "Obviously I am Professor Duerr. I was disappointed to learn how few of you are in my class. Every proper mage should have skills in combat. The one who relies solely on magical power is foolish. Now, I wish to see your combat skills. The scrawny elf and tiefling: you both look weak. You too will fight first and, hopefully, prove me wrong."

    He steps out of the ring and gestures for the two of you to go on up.

    I would be relying on magic only if not for stupid Talathel, Vulwin thinks to himself. He lets out a sigh of resignation and addresses the professor.

    "Professor Duerr, will we be using our own equipment, or will you be providing?"

    Labi looks at Vulwin for the first time as an opponent rather than compatriot. All things considered, they seemed to be on approximately the same skill level with even similar paths as magus's.
    ..
    He steps into the ring and draws his weapon, "Professor, please tell us the rules for this combat."
    Labi lets his arcane energy burst as he powers up his weapon (Arcane Pool: 2/4)
    "If you have forgotten your equipment, I will provide this time," Duerr tells Vulwin. "But I expect you to be better prepared in the future. You should bring your armor and weapons to every class unless I specify otherwise."

    "The rules are simple," he says in reply to Labi. "If you leave the ring during the fight or are knocked unconscious, you lose. You should be trying to subdue each other, not kill. However, I do have healing potions on hand if they are needed."

    (Roll initiative when you guys are ready. If you need to borrow armor or equipment, you find hide shirts, short swords, and rapiers in a storage room.)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Downtown Coolville
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Labi is prepared with his rapier and armor. He has already spent an arcane point to charge up his weapon.
    "Thank you professor. I will give it my all." Labi bows to Professor Duerr.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+3) [4]
    The tiefling stands en guarde.
    ____________________________________________


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Another castle.
    Posts
    803

    Default

    The elf straps on his rapier and studded leather, then begins moving towards the circle.

    "Glad to hear that you have extras available Professor, but I have my things", Vulwin replies respectfully.

    As he approaches the circle, he waves his hand over the rapier at his side.
    ((1 Arcane point to add +1 Enhancement bonus to his rapier for 1 minute. 4 arcane points remaining.))

    He reaches the middle of the ring and slowly draws his blade. From his stance, or lack thereof, it's probably obvious to Labi that Vulwin has no idea how to use a sword. The revelation should be painfully obvious to Professor Duerr.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (d20+4) (17) [21]
    Last edited by Xubrai; 09-04-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.


  4. #4

    Default

    Vulwin is up first.

    MAP (1 Square is 5 Feet. Labi is the little blueish gray dude, Vulwin is the one below and to the left of him.)
    Gym Map 3.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Another castle.
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Vulwin quickly decides he wants to end the fight as soon as possible. He takes a short step to his left and begins muttering something under his breath as he reaches into his component pouch. As he finishes whatever it was he was saying, he retrieves what he was looking for and moves his hand in front of him. He looks at Labi with an apologetic look and says...

    "I'm sorry Labi"
    as he opens his hand to reveal a small mound of colored sand.

    ((He 5 ft. steps to the square NW of his current position and casts...))
    ((Color Spray Wisdom Saving Throw [DC: 15]))
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollUnconscious, Blinded, Stunned (Rounds) - (2d4) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBlinded, Stunned (Rounds) - (d4) [1]
    ((Followed by 1 round of Stunned))
    See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Downtown Coolville
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill Save - (1d20+3) [20]
    ____________________________________________


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Downtown Coolville
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Labi follows up with a 5ft shift to be within reach of Vulwin once more, silent and focused.
    Actions: Spell Combat
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRapier Attack - (1d20+2) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6) [4]
    Spell: Shield
    (Current AC = 21)
    ____________________________________________


  8. #8

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Another castle.
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Barely dodging Labi's attack and panicking a bit, Vulwin takes a step back and attempts the same tactic again.

    ((5 ft. step to the left on the map, same spell as before. Wisdom Saving Throw [DC: 15] negates.))
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollUnconscious, Blinded, Stunned (Rounds) - (2d4) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBlinded, Stunned (Rounds) - (d4) [1]
    ((Followed by 1 round of Stunned))
    See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Downtown Coolville
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill Save - (1d20+3) [9]
    ____________________________________________


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •