Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dorsard: Potions and Mutagens

Default Dorsard: Potions and Mutagens

Basic Potions and Mutagens is held in a small laboratory on the second floor of the school. Like your last class with Bhatt, you can't see your professor anywhere. At least the door is open. You arrive at the same time as your classmate, Giuliano Stefano Inferno Esposito. You both enter the laboratory and see that their are two vials of pink liquid on a table at the front of the room. Each one has a placard in front of it that says "Drink Me."

"Excellent," Giuliano says. "Do you think it will make us stronger? Give us wings? Turn our bellies transparent for the next six months?"

Dorsard raises an eyebrow at the gnome's suggestions, then ponders for a moment. "Most likely, no. I'd expect something simple, such as we begin to glow, or something outrageously complicated like us being turned into wolves. Regardless, I'm sure they are going to be interesting."

Taking the note's direction Dorsard unplugs one of the vials and downs the contents, making sure to replace it on the table and step a few feet away from Giuliano in case something unexpected occurred.
    You and Giuliano both gulp down the potions. They taste unbelievably bitter, like a mix between rubbing alcohol and overcooked broccoli. Giuliano gags and dribbles half of it down his shirt.

The potion doesn't appear to be having any effects... that you can see or feel.

Blog Entries

The dwarf frowns a bit at the taste, but takes one look at Giuliano and gets over it quickly. He immediately begins to experiment, jogging in place, jumping, listening to outside noises, doing almost everything he can to figure out what the potion did.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Your jogging speed seems the same as usual. Your jumping height hasn't improved either. As you strain your ears to test your hearing, you hear somebody walking through the door. The somebody is Professor Bhatt, and she does not look amused.

"I see you actually drank from the vials," she says. "NEVER consume a substance if you don't know what it is. You're lucky I only put amarumerbittertachchiq juice in there, and that it wasn't a prank from an older student or poison from a deranged murderer. I don't ever want to catch you putting something in your mouth again unless you know what it is."

Bhatt informs you of a few other safety rules, such as:
    Never stick your face into a vial to see what it smells like; waft the scent over to yourself instead.
    Pull your hair back around flames.
    Never drink expired potions.

After the brief lecture, she says, "Right. Now that you actually know some safety rules, I'm taking you down to the simulator to get an assessment of your alchemy skills and see how well you do under pressure. You'll be allowed to make bombs down there, as well as mutagens, extracts, et cetera. Can I trust you both not to blow your heads off?"

Blog Entries

Dorsard frowns at the safety lecture. "So Ah'm supposed ta assume tha teachers can't be bothered ta even put the bare minimum a' effort into safety, while the students have ta test everything? An' that strangers can freely get in the academy? Gods, Ah feel safer already!"

The other rules seem to be adequate, but the hair is going to be a problem. Maybe he can get a few strings to tie up his beard and hair? But that would be for later.
    "Ye dinnae need ta worry, Professor, if Ah accidentally light a fuze, Ah'll just hurl it ah the nearest student. " He says dryly.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

"Hey. Hey. Don't you throw any bombs at me," Giuliano says. "Do you see this handsome visage? There are a lot of lady gnomes back home who would be sorely disappointed if you blew this up."

Bhatt rolls her eyes. She leads you out of the laboratory and down a few halls. She stops in front of a door marked Simulator. Beside the door is a wide glass window that offers a view of The Simulator.

The Simulator is apparently a large room, two hundred by two hundred feet. It has a black and white checkered marble floor and thick concrete walls. Other than that, it appears empty.

"Which of you will go first?" Bhatt asks.

Giuliano eye the room warily.

"I'm, uh... I'm willing to let Dorsard take first crack at it," he says. "Because I like him so much."

Blog Entries

Perp-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+6 ) [8]

Dorsard looks around the room but can't make out anything strange.
    "Thanks, friend. Ah'll be sure to return the favor soon." He smiles at the gnome's statement, and makes his way into the center of the room.
    Last edited by GhoulRising; 09-06-2017 at 02:21 AM.

You walk into the center of the room. You're standing on a 5x5 foot black tile.

"Good luck," Bhatt calls from the doorway. Then she shuts the door behind you. It closes with a loud thud.

The room is silent for a moment. Then you hear a noise coming from the ground beneath you. It sounds like gears whirring, metal clacking, machinery humming.

Thirty feet in front of you, a black tile opens up like a trap door, leaving an opening in the floor. Out of the opening floats a grey, decrepit, obviously mechanical human head. Its glass eyes are wide and its (probably porcelain?) teeth are chattering wildly.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHead Initiative - (d20) [4]

Blog Entries

Dorsard pulls out his warhammer and limbers up, flexing his fingers and reaching for the pouch containing his alchemy reagents.
    "Student fight club? Not that Ah expected anythin' less from the Academy!"

Init-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+1 ) [9]

Blog Entries

(wasn't sure if you wanted to add anything or not. now- GET READY TO RUUUUMBBBBBBLLLLLEEE)

With one swift movement Dorsard reaches inside his pouch and whips out a handful of reagents. He quickly mixes them, pours the concoction into a thin metal shell and hurls the newly-made bomb at the head's.....face.

Attack-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+1 ) [14]
    Damage-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d6+3 ) [8]

In a 10 foot radius of where the bomb lands, Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d6 ) [4] fire damage until put out by water or something similar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast