Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irfan: Trust Exercise

Default Irfan: Trust Exercise

You reach your classroom on the third floor of the school. It's quite small and has no furniture. A slender halfling woman with white hair and incredibly thick glasses is sitting on the plushy carpet. Agrimony is also already here, a small silver bird sitting on her shoulder.

"How wonderful," the older halfling says. "You must be Irfan. My name is Aadrika Dara, but you can just call me Aadrika. Now, I was just about to tell Agrimony here -You've met Agrimony, yes? Of course. I believe you had a few other classes together. Now, I was just about to explain to her that we're going to be doing some trust exercises with out Eidolons today. Well, you two are going to do trust exercises. As you can see, there are four doors behind me."

There are indeed four doors behind Aadrika. Two are green, and two are purple.

Occupied by thoughts his essay assignments Irfan finds himself slowly strolling to the his final class of the day. Irfan nods to confirm his name, and faces while repeating the names of the two halflings, "Aadrika. Agrimony". Following the instructions, the young man looks down at Ches and then back at the professor. "I'm confused. You said 'we're going to be doing some trust exercises without Eidolons', but then mention we are going through the door with our eidolon."
    "My apologies," Aadrika says. "It was a slip of the tongue. I meant to say 'we're going to be doing some trust exercises with our Eidolons,' and by that I meant 'you're going to be doing some trust exercises with your Eidolons'."

You step through the green door and into a field of white flowers with a swirly blue design on them. On closer investigation, you realize that they're actually little porcelain tea cups filled with soft butter. At your feet, a minuscule loaf of bread inches its way into one of the 'flowers' and burrows its way into the butter. It emerges seconds later as a butterfly with buttered bread for wings, and flits away.

To the front, left, and right of you is nothing but butter cup fields for miles. Turning around, you see that the green door has disappeared. A few yards behind it is a 60ft wide canyon. A flimsy looking bridge made entirely of playing cards stretches across the canyon. There's a wooden sign in front of the bridge. It reads:
    Bridge Bridge
    Trump Spades

On the other side of the canyon, about a mile away, is a large white castle.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-07-2017 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Formatting

Ches switches to stalking mode. He sinks down into a prowl and slowly edges toward the minuscule loaf. Then when the butterfly emerges, he prepares to leap at the creature.

Irfan looks around confused at first. "Were we gated to another plane, demi-plane, or realm? Or is this an illusion?" He puts a hand over his eyes to focus his gaze. "May as well try looking around starting with the castle over there," he points over the canyon.

(Ches could always make an attack roll if he really wants to catch that bread and butterfly.)

As you point over the canyon... nothing happens.

"Come on, buddy. Leave the creature be. I suspect we have bigger fish to fry in this test." The summoner starts heading to the card bridge. Reluctantly, the eidolon follows- giving a few looks over the shoulder at the bread and butterfly that got away.

Irfan will ease onto the bridge just in case it isn't as strong as they need it to be. The pair are supposed to trust each other, not necessarily the strange environment where they now find themselves.

You step onto the bridge and don't immediately plunge to your death. The bridge seems to be sturdier than it looks. You notice you're standing on a stripe of diamond cards of various colors and royal roles. In five feet they'll change to clubs, then hearts, then spades, then start over again.

A hundred feet below you is a brown, lightly steaming river.

You begin your trek across the bridge. You're about halfway across, about to step onto the Spades section, when Ches stops you. He's noticed that the cards here look particularly unstable.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-10-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast