Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Owl: Pre-assessment

  1. #1

    Default Owl: Pre-assessment

    The three of you have Professor Mukhopadhyaya for your next class. He ushers you out of the room at the end of History and Theory of Magic. When you return fifteen minutes later -joined by Joseline and Budai- you notice that the classroom has doubled in size. It is now a hundred feet by a hundred feet. All the desks and seats have been removed. The black marble floor has five chalk circles on it, each twenty foot in diameter. One circle is in the center of the room and the other four are in the corners. Mukhopadhyaya is standing at the front of the room.

    "Come in," he says. "Don't dawdle. We only have ninety minutes. Today I shall assess your magical skills to determine what areas you need the most instruction in. Each of you, stand in one of the chalk circles on the ground. It matters not which one you pick, so don't squabble over who gets to stand where. Once you all have entered a circle, your tests shall begin. I will not tell you what your test is, as I would also like to test your ability to think on your feet. Are there any questions?"

    Upon entering the classroom again, Owl looks around and selects a circle.

    Perception - (1d20+8) [27]
    "By the way," Mukhopadhyaya says as you step into the circle. "If you leave the circle before the test is over, you will fail."
    (Make a Will Save, DC18)




  2. #2

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (1d20+3) [4]

    Owl casts Prestidigitation and slowly lifts the key out of the hole.
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 09-05-2017 at 02:09 AM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  3. #3

    Default

    The key rises out of the hole and hovers in front of you. The hole disappears. A bronze door appears to your right, at the very edge of the grass. It's being blocked by a screen of red flames. You can feel the heat from where you're standing.

  4. #4

    Default

    Owl takes the key, then turns her attention to the door. She conjures up a gallon of water in an attempt to douse the flames.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  5. #5

    Default

    The flames die out with a sizzling sound and a huge cloud of steam. Once the vapors have dissipated and you can see again, you see that the door is still in its place, completely unharmed by the fire.

  6. #6

    Default

    Owl approaches the door and visually examines it, then casts Detect Magic to examine it further.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+8) [15]

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  7. #7

    Default

    You get an overwhelming aura of Illusion and Charming magic from the door, and from the entire circle you're standing in. Outside, where it's black and empty, you can't sense anything at all.

    The door appears to be a normal bronze door. It has a bronze handle and a bronze key hole. It looks like your key would fit into the keyhole easily.

  8. #8

    Default

    Owl uses the key to open the door. (She hopes.)

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  9. #9

    Default

    The key fits neatly in the lock and turns. The door swings open, revealing a large velvet painting. The painting depicts your classroom. Professor Mukhopadhyaya has a piece of paper in hand; it reads "Pre-Assessment Completed Satisfactorily". He's holding out the paper to an elf who looks remarkably like you, except that her hair is black.

  10. #10

    Default

    Owl tests to see if she can step into the painting. If she cannot, she colors her hair black and tries again.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •