Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Labi and Vulwin: Dueling

Labi falls unconscious. Duerr steps into the ring and checks his pulse.

"The victor is Vulwin Erralei," he says. "A good use of a spell, but tomorrow we will see your sword work."

Once Labi has recovered from the spell and gotten out of the ring, Perdita and Taina fight. They thrust at each other with swords a few times, but neither of them gets a hit on the either. Perdita eventually manages to splash Taina's chest with a summoned ball of acid. After a little more parrying Taina conjures up a double of herself. The doppelganger catches Perdita off guard, and Taina shoves the confused elf out of the ring, earning herself a victory.

With the fights over, Duerr tells you all to go exercise. Taina runs off to punch a dummy. Perdita heads for the dumbbells.

"Do you noodle-arms want to join me?" Perdita asks as she picks up a couple fifty pound weights. "You've got to get strong if you ever want to be a good fighter. Do you want to be good fighters? I don't mean to insult you or anything. It's just, you both seem kind of... um... what's the word I'm looking for?"

"Weak?" Taina suggests, still pounding on the practice dummy. "Feeble? More delicate than a set of porcelain dolls?"

"I was going to say something more tactful, but... yes. That."
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-08-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Labi says nothing, but spends the rest of the period exercising.

Vulwin picks as secluded of a spot as he can to exercise. Dreading the next time he's required to step into that circle but proud of his spell casting, he ignores the other students as best he can when they start discussing his "performance". He spends the rest of the class awkwardly stabbing at a training dummy.
    See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.

"Fine," Perdita says. "Be that way."

After almost an hour and a half of exercising, you all are released from class.

(You're free to do stuff in the main thread if you want, or you can just hang tight until I post the next big thread for everybody. Either way.)

Labi approaches Duerr halfway through class. "I'd like to become stronger. Do you have any recommended exercises that I can do on my own time outside of this class?"
    ((OOC: Labi, wanting to become better at combat, would be working on his legs, shoulders, and back. So lots of running and weight training.))

"For you, it will take a while to get very strong," Duerr tells Labi. "Start a vigorous weight lifting schedule. Run to class instead of walking. Go swimming in the big pond in the woods. Help merchants unload their carts when they come into town. Of course, exercise alone will not be enough. You must start eating more red meat."

"I'm stronger than him, and I don't eat any meat," Perdita calls out across the room.

"That is an exception, not a rule!" Duerr shouts. "Labi Brunienieks, I want you to eat three servings of meat at every meal! Six, when they serve steak! Wash it down with a pitcher of orange juice to avoid scurvy and gout. If you follow my instructions, you may someday be nearly as strong as I."

Labi bows deeply and stiffly, "Yes sir!"
    Still bowing Labi continues, "Er... sir, I can also still fight, if you would like me to continue sparring."

"That's the spirit, Brunieniks," Duerr says. "Yes, go find a sparring partner! Strengthen your combat skills!"

Bowing once more, "Yes sir, Professor Duerr."

Labi approaches Perdita while she works out, and he attempts to interject during a break. "Sorry... would you like to spar? I don't exactly feel accomplished after that last match... and I'm always eager to learn from someone with more experience and skill." He finishes the statement looking rather embarrassed, but someone who wants to be the best cannot let pride keep him from learning.

"Sure, why not?" Perdita pulls her chain shirt out of her bag and puts it back on. "I'm always up for a spar!"

She meets you in the center of the ring, sword drawn.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerdita Initiative - (d20+3) [18]

MAP
    Gym Map 6.png

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast