Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [PF] P.F. Noire - New RedCoast Detective Agency

Default [PF] P.F. Noire - New RedCoast Detective Agency

New RedCoast is a hive of scums in his most parts, higher streets have it good, but poor races living in the dump of society were almost forced to turn to criminal activities to survive. What a poor world to live in.

But this may not be bad for you, after all your job is to help people who are "bothered" by those kind of people. Finding a missing person, finding proofs about a husband loyalty, or destroying a new gang on the rise, those are all part of your work, and at the end of the day, you'll get your paycheck.

At the New RedCoast Detective Agency, no work is declined if it's mostly legal and they have the money to buy your services. Your boss, a greedy dwarf, has for motto : "Crime doesn't pay, but I pay you, so get to work !". You are all here for a reason, because crime is everywhere, and the police isn't. You have the mean to work against the underworld, or simply make the word a better place, at least for one person at a time.

But now is not the time, another person enter the office, another job is on the table. A simple job : Finding a man.

It's never that simple.

Ready for gritty and brooding characters solving cases after cases ? Stop searching ! New RedCoast Detective Agency is made for you !

Here are the principal points of the setting :

- The story would mostly be in a huge city named New RedCoast, heavily inspired from the 1950's Chicago.

- The city would torn between an active police force and powerful gangs.

- Like old 1950s, Discrimination and Sexism were part of life, but I can tone it down if some people find it not appealing (though I would like to keep it).

- Techology will be that of the 1950's so expect guns, cars, radios, phones and television to be emerging in society.

- Private Detectives have a passport for Handgun Open Carry. You can get a permit for bigger guns, but open carry of them is illegal. Melee weapons such as swords and knives and others, are not allowed in public either. You'll have to either conceal them or use tools as weapon instead.

- You will be playing Private Detectives in a Agency, going from contract to contract. Little cases could be done solo or duo, and larger cases will be done in group. I'll separate the two so you will be able to work on two cases separatly (your case and the group case).

• Skills such as Perception, Sense Motive, Appraise will be heavily used.
    • Combat won't be a part of each and every case, sometimes you'll only investigate, sometimes you'll battle gangsters, and sometimes you'll sneak around to find clues.

- It IS a Pathfinder game, so yes, magic and races will be there, but be aware of the third point (Discrimination).

• Humans, Dwarves and Elves are the 'Core' Races of society, they represent the major part of population. Humans control the Market, Elves the Political place and Dwarves the Justice and Police system.
    • Halfing, Half-elves, and Gnomes are tolerated, but still looked down upon.
    • Other races are openly discriminated, Beastfolks being the worst cases of them all.
    • Most monsters have been left in the wilderness, and hunting/Cattle raising them is an acceptable, if tiring, job. Having a dangerous one without a permit is illegal however, so you won't see a monster wandering the streets unless it is a pet, or part of some sort of police force, or plainly illegal.

General details

Type of Game : Pbp
    System : Pathfinder
    Books : SRD but I can approve of third party elements you present me BEFORE creating your character
    Posting : Daily would be good enough. Weekends are optional.

What I want is a complete character sheet with a backgroung and a personality. You have to show in your BG what made you choose the life of a private detective, and why the boss of the Agency hired you (your skills, your old job, your personal history, be creative !). If you want to play an Evil character, this will have to be carefully explained why you would help people in need, even for money, but I am not excluding Evil characters.

Characteristics : 20 point buy, no Chara under 8.
    Races : All in the SRD, no overpowered races, and don't forget to ask before taking a third party race. Be aware of the discrimination.
    Classes : All classes, but if it doesn't fit the setting, please explain in RP how you see the class in a 1950s era kind of game. Magic users allowed.
    Level of character : Level 2
    HP : Full dice on first level, roll for others or just take the average.
    Starting money : 100 G, you will already have an appartment with the rent payed for the month, and will receive a monthly salary of 250 G.
    Alignement : Any (explain why Evil if you choose it).
    Traits and Drawback : One Trait, at least one Drawback, more won't give you more Traits though. If you have idea for different flaws, ask away !
    Deities : Any of the Core Rule Book if you play a religious class, I don't care if you play another class. I will tell you how followers of said Deity are acting in this setting.

Complete applications :
    1. Marcie Day, RealWittyAlias
    2. Karl Von Drex'en, LakeThePondling
    3. Kent Arnaud, BMR
    4. Stanley Wright, Boethius
    5. Wilwaren Sehanine, Theprettiestorc
    Last edited by Karezak; 09-05-2017 at 12:26 AM.
    Join the Unofficial TTW Discord ! https://discord.me/thetangledweb

EDIT : for guns and weapons, feel free to chose yourself the model, it's all for fluff but fluff is good. What matter is the type of weapon.

If you want melee, get tools, like a hammer, a fire axe or something similar. Their stats are the same as their medieval counterpart.
    Last edited by Karezak; 09-02-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollLevel Two HP - (1d20+2) [15]

I present to you Marcie Day, human Urban Ranger. She's ready to take on her first official case and prove she'll make a great Private Eye.

Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-02-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Which categorization of firearms are you using? You've given some home brew guidelines which are well detailed, but leave some open questions. Looks like you are close to using the "Guns Everywhere" category; the only departure would be requiring martial proficiency instead of simple.

Would-be Gunslingers would be especially interested in the category. (Not waiting to level 5 for gun training is a big deal when your unique feature is commonplace.)

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (1d10+1) (8) [9]

Quote Originally Posted by Boethius View Post
    Which categorization of firearms are you using? You've given some home brew guidelines which are well detailed, but leave some open questions. Looks like you are close to using the "Guns Everywhere" category; the only departure would be requiring martial proficiency instead of simple.

Would-be Gunslingers would be especially interested in the category. (Not waiting to level 5 for gun training is a big deal when your unique feature is commonplace.)
    Gunslingers will instead start with a masterwork handgun (not Amateur gunslinger though), and you'll be able to craft your own ammunition and repair/unjam your gun (other classes can't do that). The rule used is Commonplace gun, but with the fact that guns are cheaper, so no Gun Training early sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Karezak View Post
    Gunslingers will instead start with a masterwork handgun (not Amateur gunslinger though), and you'll be able to craft your own ammunition and repair/unjam your gun (other classes can't do that). The rule used is Commonplace gun, but with the fact that guns are cheaper, so no Gun Training early sorry.
    No worries! Also, you've mentioned reflavored armor, including bulletproof vests. PF firearms ignore armor within their first 1-5 range increments. So a revolver would normally ignore armor within 100ft. Will this standard penetration rule still apply or will firearm attacks lose penetration?

(Sorry for the questions! Love the setting! I'm guessing these are questions others are going to end up asking anyways, so hopefully they'll see this first page and know in advance!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boethius View Post
    No worries! Also, you've mentioned reflavored armor, including bulletproof vests. PF firearms ignore armor within their first 1-5 range increments. So a revolver would normally ignore armor within 100ft. Will this standard penetration rule still apply or will firearm attacks lose penetration?

(Sorry for the questions! Love the setting! I'm guessing these are questions others are going to end up asking anyways, so hopefully they'll see this first page and know in advance!)
    Good question; and I love questions ! Yes, bulletproof vests will ignore the firearms property of bypassing armor EXCEPT certain rounds, and the Hunting rifle category. The only Bulletproof vest that will protect you entirely is the Heavy one (and the Riot Gear Armor), except if someone uses penetrating bullets with the hunting rifle catergory.

Say hello to Kent Arnaud!

Description:

Background:

Equipment
    Last edited by BMR; 09-03-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast