Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart of darkness.

Blog Entries

Default Heart of darkness.

"Good, you're all here already." Maynard says as he takes off his swordbelt and sits his heavy frame down on his sturdy chair. "I went out the past few days and took a look at the new base of operations in the nobles' district. Good news first: I know what's holed up in there. Bad news: It's a thing called a Morphean. It's what happens when a fomoragh pregnancy is aborted. The physical form of the creature isn't very formidable but that's the least of your worries. It's a creature that preys on and manipulates fear and nightmares. And while anything you face in there isn't 'real' in the strict sense of the word you can sure die of them. Going alone is suicide. But as a group you'll be able to help each other face your demons and overcome them. As I said earlier, one team starts from the roof, the other goes up from the Undercity. You either come together as teams or you die alone. I can't say I'm all that opposed to that way of doing things..."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Default Team Alabaster: Heart of darkness.

"Good, you're all here already." Maynard says as he takes off his swordbelt and sits his heavy frame down on his sturdy chair. "I went out the past few days and took a look at the new base of operations in the nobles' district. Good news first: I know what's holed up in there. Bad news: It's a thing called a Morphean. It's what happens when a fomoragh pregnancy is aborted. The physical form of the creature isn't very formidable but that's the least of your worries. It's a creature that preys on and manipulates fear and nightmares. And while anything you face in there isn't 'real' in the strict sense of the word you can sure die of them. Going alone is suicide. But as a group you'll be able to help each other face your demons and overcome them. As I said earlier, one team starts from the roof, the other goes up from the Undercity. You either come together as teams or you die alone. I can't say I'm all that opposed to that way of doing things..."
    Characters:

Campaigns:

"So, which way did we get to go in, or are we still deciding?" Snikt asked, idly picking his nails. "Personally, I'd rather come up from the bottom; less chance of them sneaking past us and getting away. Unless they can fly."

Blog Entries

"Alabasters are probably more accustomed to the Undercity by now.", Oparal comments, not really thrilled by the possibility of going through there, "and Sarith's roc should be able to take us to the roof easily enough, I don't think they can fly that conveniently."

Blog Entries

Sarvine cocks her head and stares at Maynard. "We're sending BOTH teams in for one creature? Just how strong is this thing? And can you give us any specifics? What kind of abilities it has, how good it's senses are, any known vulnerabilities- that sort of thing. Because if it's as tough as you say we need all the help we can get. "

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

"It isn't tough. In fact, it's the size of a cat and only marginally more difficult to catch. It feeds on fear and nightmares and other negative emotions. However, once it sets up camp it'll expand it's influence. It's probably been holed up there for a long time. Which means, once you step inside your stepping inside it's twisted imagination and will very likely lose all touch with reality. But as long as you keep your heads cool, hang together and don't let it succeed in playing you off against each other you'll be fine. The apparitions it conjures can harm you physically but I'm confident in your abilities to handle them."
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

"Maybe we should go and buy some potions/scrolls to make our mind stronger and resistent to illusion magic... before we head there" Shira adds to the conversation

Blog Entries

Sharlot gives a slow nod from where she leans against the wall, arms folded under her chest. Though not much for stealth, she stands in shadow...and is wearing far more clothing than usual. Her White Stars jacket is buttoned just over her collarbone, and black, skintight sleeves run down the length of her arms to the first knuckle of her painted fingers. She's traded out her thigh-high boots for pants-approximating black leggings...and knife-heeled ankle boots, also in black. "Potions and scrolls are good," she holds up a finger, drawing two of the other hand up from its base, "wands are better. Remove Fear, Lesser Restoration?" She leans forward to look over at the other Alabaster magickers.

Tsu is at the ready, gear tightened and hat on. "I just want to say that this is just the nastiest creature I've heard of so far, working for the White Star. And my first mission had an otyugh."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Sarith pat's trinket on the neck, "The o'l bird can definitely get us to the roof. From there we can just drop in and say hello. As for facing fears, not sure I can say I'm keen on that idea, but we do what we must. I like a good challenge anyway."

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast