Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 904

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

  1. Default

    Softhands curses under her breath as the game slips away from Ino. She glaces wildly around the room, trying to think of something to do, some way to interfere without really being seen to be interfering, but comes up short. But then her eyes go wide as she mutters Can't hurt, worth a shot...Mother forgive me and runs her hands over her body, clothes and hair as she had outside of the butchery the day before. Her forms ripples and shimmers (Disguise Self) as the clothing shrinks, exposing pale, soft flesh and volptuous curves. A mere few seconds later and a mostly naked, save for a narrow band of cloth at breast and crotch, half-orc woman stands in the Spider's Den. She winks at the competing knifeman, blowing him an exaggerated kiss between her sizeable tusks and calls out in a rather deep voice, Hey big man!

    OOC - I know this is a bit ridiculous, but I'm hoping it might distract the competitor? I'm not interfering per se, but I'm trusting to Devargo's apparent sense of humour and novelty to avoid getting stabbed. :/

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+7) [26]
    Last edited by atlastrembles; 06-20-2019 at 12:20 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  2. #812
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,924
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Laera psychically casts Sow Thoughts and plants an idea in the thug's head. Something along the lines of:

    "I've got enough gold that she can't win by collecting coins. But I really want to embarrass her by defeating her in combat. If I stand near the edge of the table and flirt with that gorgeous half-orc, the rat will try shoving me off the table. But, then I'll show her and I'll jump her when she tries."

    DC: 14 Will

    OOC: Worth a shot!

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,479
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Getting slightly worried and also remembering why she liked slings, Ino again tries to go for the legs. She spots her friends assistance and makes sure to stay out of the way of Softhands...distraction.

    AoO
    Attack- Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20 ) [3]
    Damage- Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d3 ) [3]

    Normal Attack
    Attack-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20 ) [16]
    Damage-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d3 ) [1]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,139

    Default Round 3

    Ino inflicts another small scratch, but the brigand hardly notices it. He grins confidently at the pile of gold growing in his purse - while not exactly a master of math, it doesn't take a genius to tell that his pouch is now heavier than the combined sum left on the table.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWis save - (1d20) [9]

    The brigand turns to wave grinningly at the audience and egged on by his cheering fans, he decides to give them a little extra taste of his showmanship. He places himself at the edge of the table, turning his back towards Ino and wiggles his ass mockingly (and invitingly) in her direction. The thug's posse goes wild and Barvasi also laughs and claps his hands joyfully.

    None of the spectators notice Softhands suddenly changing appearance, but she makes sure that Ino's opponent does. He stops wiggling his tail and grins and winks at Softhands, momentarily distracted by the illusion.

    ((The brigand uses his round to make his theatrics, and Softhands' distraction makes him flatfooted - he doesn't provoke attack of opportunity, though. Your turn.))
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 06-21-2019 at 06:16 AM.

  5. Default

    Now that Softhands has the attention of the competitor, she lays it on thick, crooking a finger at the man and making a rather lewd "come hither" gesture. Bending over slightly so the man can better see her new orcish assets, Softhands growls in what she hopes is a sultry invitation.

    You have so much gold already, big boy, why not come play with me instead?

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDisguise - (1d20+10) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDiplomacy - (1d20+6) [14]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  6. #816
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,479
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Ino sees that her strategy of stabbing the man to death wasn't going to work in this or any other world, and decides to do what she does best-steal. So, she quickly dashes in and slashes the man's pouch. He couldn't keep any gold if it all fell out, she reasoned.
    Last edited by GhoulRising; 07-09-2019 at 05:22 AM.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  7. Default

    Bjorn stands back and he will just this all unfold. (He will heal anybody who gets hurt)

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,479
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Attack-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20 ) [12]

    Damage-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d3 ) [1]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    The illusory she-orc brings on an impressive show and now she has whole crowd whooping and cheering at her voluptuous assets, the knife-match all but forgotten. Barvasi leans agains a wooden beam, his arms folded across his chest and an amused smile on his face. The twinkle in his dark eyes suggests that he is not fooled by Softhands tricks, but he seems to be enjoying himself immensely nonetheless.

    The virtually salivating brigand on the table is now completely mesmerised by the wriggling goodies, and Ino sees her opportunity to swoop in and slice open his purse. It is just a small cut, but the moth-eaten linen pouch cracks open like a ripe melon, spilling the gold coins all over the table (and a few on the wooden deck below). The brigand whirs his head to wrest himself out of his stupor, and looks down on his fortune slipping away from him. As his buddies burst out in a roaring laughter, Ino's opponent grows fiery red in rage and embarrasment.

    Furious over loosing his gold - and probably even more so from loosing face before his buddies and hopefully future employer, the thug roars like a wild bull and suddenly jumps towards Ino, trying to push her off the table.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBull rush - (1d20+3) (9) [12] vs. Ino's CMD

    ((The bull rush provokes an AoO from Ino. If the brigand fails to beat Ino's CMD, his momentum will carry him past Ino and off the table, losing the match. Even if he beats her CMD, I will allow Ino to make a reflex save against the Bull rush check - the thug's rage has clouded his mind and made him reckless, while the nimble halfling is ready for anything. If Ino makes the reflex save she will duck and roll under the thug, sending him tumbling off the table. If the brigand succeeds his Bull rush and Ino fails her reflex save, the thug hits the small halfling perfectly, sending her sqealing off the table.))

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Ino calmly side steps the unrushing raging bull, who slips in some of the loose coins on the table. His momentum sends him further over the edge and onto the wooden deck of the cabin, where he lands with a heavy crash. The volume of the laughter among his friends is turned up a few notches and now even Barvasi joins the guffaw, clapping his hand in salute to the victor.

    It takes a while for the amusement to subside - Ino's opponent is still raging mad, and as he staggers up from the floor he seems ready to jump back into the fight and tear Ino to pieces. However, a subtle hand signal from Barvasi is enough to send some of the goons to restrain the bull.

    Eventually, the cabin quiets down enough for Barvasi to make himself heard, "Bravo, my little friend. That is the best knivesies match I have seen in ages! You are cheating lying bastards - but you are cheating in style! I like that! Half the gold is yours, the rest is split between those who bet for you".

    Ino earns 14 gold sails - you notice that Barvasi pockets the rest with a sly smile, revealing that he was the only one betting on Ino.

    After the gold has been collected, Barvasi returns to his throne and beckons for you to stand on the floor before the throne - thus granting you the "audience". "Now," he says, "lets talk business!"


Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •