Page 79 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 904

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

  1. Default

    Softhands settles into a booth with Laera and makes a good show of pretending to inhale the dreamweed. Instead, she half-closes her eyes and leans back, watching the comings and goings of the crowd and trying to become part of the furniture.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+8) [10]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  2. #782
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abberdaggus View Post
    Ino and Bjorn
    Ino plays a another couple of hands - wins a few, loses a few, but enjoying herself immensely. As she starts to feel Bjorn getting a bit antsy, she finds herself with a balance of [roll0] pieces of silver.
    Ino takes a moment to pray for the lost silver piece, in the hopes it would find its ways back to its brothers in her purse. She then waves out of the next hand with the excuse of needing to grab more money and takes Bjorn along as she travels back to the knife fight ring, in the hopes of seeing Barvasi participating in the events. Even crime lords needed off time eventually.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Ino and Bjorn
    The knivesies table is empty at the moment as there are noone interested in taking up the challenge for the time being. Time passes and there are no signs of Barvasi showing up either. Ino is on the verge of giving up as she notices a small group of shady-looking fellows shuffling about without showing any interest in gambling. Ino keeps an eye on them to see what they are up to and after a while an armed bouncer approaches and adresses them - Ino is close enough to pick up the message as well: "The boss is ready to see you now - if you are as good as you claim to be, he might take you in." The bouncer leads the men out of the gambling den and towards the larger central vessel.

    Laera and Softhands
    The two ladies sink onto a couple of sofas in the smoke-filled den to observe the comings and goings of other patrons. In truth there is not a lot of traffic in this part of the Eel's End. The regular customers are already here and they tend to stay until thrown out. The sofas are remarkably soft...or perhaps they just feel softer after having spent some time in the stuffy smoke-filled room. While softhands takes great care not to ingest any of the dream weed, the two ladies can't help breathing some of the fumes permeating throughout the hold of the Dragon's Breath. Ever so slowly they start feeling a bit dizzy, their visions start to blur and a pleasant sense of peace flows through their bodies.....yes, the cushions are rather soft - much softer than the hard cots in the barracks where they spent the night. Haven't they earned a small rest after all the hard work they have done for the city.....?

    Softhands are vaguely aware that the door to the hold of Dragon's Breath opens and a bouncer enters with a small bag in his hand. He hands it to the short skinny owner of the den and grumbles, "Here - a fresh batch of Shiver, straight from the lab, made by Barvasi himself. He expects to be paid in full by midnight." The banging of the door as the bouncer leaves the den, brings Softhands and Laera out of the smoke-induced stupor for a short while allowing them to think straight for a few seconds....

    ((Laera and Softhands, make a DC 14 Fort save - failure means that you take Authentic Forum Dice-rollWisdom damage - (1d4) [1] ))

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abberdaggus View Post
    Laera and Softhands
    The two ladies sink onto a couple of sofas in the smoke-filled den to observe the comings and goings of other patrons. In truth there is not a lot of traffic in this part of the Eel's End. The regular customers are already here and they tend to stay until thrown out. The sofas are remarkably soft...or perhaps they just feel softer after having spent some time in the stuffy smoke-filled room. While softhands takes great care not to ingest any of the dream weed, the two ladies can't help breathing some of the fumes permeating throughout the hold of the Dragon's Breath. Ever so slowly they start feeling a bit dizzy, their visions start to blur and a pleasant sense of peace flows through their bodies.....yes, the cushions are rather soft - much softer than the hard cots in the barracks where they spent the night. Haven't they earned a small rest after all the hard work they have done for the city.....?

    Softhands are vaguely aware that the door to the hold of Dragon's Breath opens and a bouncer enters with a small bag in his hand. He hands it to the short skinny owner of the den and grumbles, "Here - a fresh batch of Shiver, straight from the lab, made by Barvasi himself. He expects to be paid in full by midnight." The banging of the door as the bouncer leaves the den, brings Softhands and Laera out of the smoke-induced stupor for a short while allowing them to think straight for a few seconds....

    ((Laera and Softhands, make a DC 14 Fort save - failure means that you take Authentic Forum Dice-rollFortitude Save - (1d20+4) [17] ))
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFortitude Save - (1d20+4) [17]

    Softhands perks up as she catches this crucial snippet of conversation. She catches Laera's eye, winks, and nods her head in the direction of the bouncer. Before getting up to follow, she whispers to her companion, Did you hear? He's an alchemist, too!
    Last edited by atlastrembles; 04-24-2019 at 02:22 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  5. #785
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,926
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollfort save - (d20) [12]

    "Whoa, an alchemitrist? That's wild," Laera says, her vision wavering slightly as she stares at Softhands. She leans slightly against a wall, holding up her hand and rubbing her thumb and forefinger together, and appreciating the feeling of holding up her arm. "The optomistrist must be the one who lives in the Shriver. And someone needs to be paid tonight, or... or... else! Yeah. Or else. But paid for what, that's the question? And why? We need to use all our deductive powers to out this one figure mystery."
    Last edited by ifreedman; 04-26-2019 at 03:22 AM.

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Laera and Softhands stumple up from the smokefillled barge and into the fresh air of the pier. Softhands quickly regains clarity of her mind, but Laera is still slightly light-headed and probably will be until she gets a good nights rest. After a few minutes of having caught their breaths, Ino and Bjorn emerges from the gambling barge and rejoins the group.

    The group shares their information - all signs suggest that Devargo Barvasi is to be found within the larger vessel docked at the end of the pier. You can see two enforcers standing guard by the landing - they will most likely ask you to state your business if approached.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "So, seeing as I'm the best with knives, and I've been seen gambling, I'll try to get in on that knife fight. Or whatever they have in there. While that's going on maybe one of you two can start finding or talking to Devargo and negotiate with him. Sound like aplan? And don't worry about money, I'll grab some on the way out if I can." Ino suggests.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  8. Default

    Bjorn will turn to Ino and says, "Why not I volunteer to fight, for this knife fight."

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "Because you're obvious as hells, don't fit in with the rest of the crowd, aren't used to knives like I am and haven't done this before?" Ino replies grins." Don't worry, it'll be FINE. I'll just stab a few people and win. "


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,926
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

    Feeling freed from her innhibitions, Laera puts a hand on Bjorn's chest and says, "Oh, no dear, you should let Ino take care of the knife fight. Men are certainly good at swinging a sword, but it takes a woman to know how to use a subtle weapon like a dagger. It's not all slashy-slashy, you kmow."

    Laera giggles and then adds, "Perhaps you and I should flirt our way in, Bjorn. And Softhands can pretend to be an erotic masseuse. After all, she does have the softest hands." Laera laughs again and then sighs deeply and then plops down into a sitting position, waiting for the others to make a decision.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Page 79 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •