Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Abberdaggus View Post
    Not one to question a gift, the short man quickly pockets the gold and takes a deep drag from the hookah. His pupils instantly dilates and he gets a sheepish smile on his lips. Slowly exhaling, he closes his eyes to savor every second of the sensation, swaying back and forth ever so slowly. You have almost decided that he is too far gone, when he suddenly replies in his raspy voices, eyes still closed, "Weain't gots no Chelaxian wares - them Chelaxians are funny people: worshipping the devil is perfectly legal, but getting caught wit' a bit of dream weed, they take your head off! Maybe dat why so many Chelaxians come here? To taste a bit of the dream far away from the prying eyes of their bosses...". His raspy voice descends into a gurgling raspy coughing sound - at first, you are concerned that he is about to choke, but then you realise he is just laughing.
    Is that so? the half-elf responds in a throaty voice. Those tricky Chelaxians. She laughs along good naturedly. So many come here, do they? Know where we could find some, I'd love to bring them some dreamweed. She offers the man another ten gold for the information and a dose of dreamweed.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollDiplomacy - (1d20+6) [16]

"Perhaps this is not the right boat for us?" Laera whispers to Softhands. "What do you hope to find here, aside from various poisons and their lover
    She whispers in response. He mentioned Chelaxians come here, our mark might be one of them. Can't hurt to poke around a bit. Just don't smoke anything, or eat anything, or touch anything, or...well, you know.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abberdaggus View Post
    The challenge for Ino is that she can easily spot plenty of people, who appear to have an addiction for gambling, and some people commanding a certain air of authority, but they are not the same people. The speaker at the Knivesies contest and the enforcers hang around to keep an eye on things, but they seem fairly professional and do not engage in the gambling. Among the gamblers, Ino can easily spot a number of patrons so clearly at home at the gambling table that they must be regulars. Edging into one of the card games, Ino plays a few hands (winning some, losing some), while small talking about the thrill of the gamble. When she feels the time is right, she casually inquires about Devargo. The reply is just as casual, "Hah - thats no secret. Barvasi is the big guy around here....owns the joint, he does. Ye find him at the Eel's End, the big boat. But unless he expects ye, ye better have a darn good reason for disturbing him. And ye dinna want to annoy him, if ye like yah head where its at...." The gambler's chuckle develops into a roaring laughter, clearly finding his own remarks hilarious.
    "But what would grab his attention in the first place? What if I just want to play a few rounds with someone as well known as he is? It's always fun to play with new people, and its even better if they've been playing with losers for a long time. " Ino grins at the thought of crushing the man in a poker game, which might happen.....maybe.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

3. Default

Bjorn looks around makes sure that Ino is safe and not getting into any trouble. He will turn down any drinks offered to him. He will only drink from his waterskin. It is really hard for him to turn down a drink but his faith will keep form the drink.

Softhands and Laera:
    The short guy expertly pockets the money almost without noticing it. He stares blankly at the two ladies for a moment, the dreamweed fogging his mind. Then he shrugs and says "A few regulars used to come - a fancy guy, a few merchants and some sailors. Haven't seen any of them lately....Here you go....some of the best dreamweed this side of Riddleport." His marketing sounds less than convincing as he hands over a tiny sticky pouch with a few grams of a brownish-yellow powder - by the looks of it the pouch has been reused dozens of time and the purity of the powder has something left to be desired.

Ino and Bjorn:
    The gambler wipes his eyes and replies, "Never seen Barvasi down here - 'e's a business man, not a gambler, though the rumor has it he does enjoy a good round of knievesies...Now, are you in this hand or not?"
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 04-02-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Blog Entries

"I fear that this side if Riddleport is far worse than the other side," Laera whispers to Softhands. Then she turns to the guy, puts on a fake smile and speaks slowly, as if explaining something to a child, "Thank you very much for your service, good sir. You do honor to your profession. We can't wait to try your lovely bile-colored intoxicant. You are most generous."
    (note: she's not *trying* to be disrespectful, just feeling out of sorts and unsure of how to handle someone who is so obviously vile and plastered as this fellow is)

Blog Entries

Ino scoffs."What do you take me for, a paladin? Of course I'm in!" She turns and gives Bjorn and wink and a grin as she finally gets a breakthrough. Maybe after a few hands she can go find Barvasi. Just a few hands....with her large sum of gold....that wasn't supposed to be used for other things.

She was sure she could win it all back.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Softhands and Laera
    Although Laeras voice is thick with sarcasm and revulsion, the little fellow just stares blankly at her, showing no signs of picking up the unspoken sentiments. Gesturing at the some of the empty curtain-covered sofas, he notes, "Take your pick" and waddles off to service some of his other customers.

Ino and Bjorn
    Ino plays a another couple of hands - wins a few, loses a few, but enjoying herself immensely. As she starts to feel Bjorn getting a bit antsy, she finds herself with a balance of Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20-10) [-1] pieces of silver.

Blog Entries

Laera looks to Softhands. "I don't... well, I think this place is more your cup of tea. You have a better understanding that I of where to look and what questions to ask. What do you think our next step should be?"

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ifreedman View Post
    Laera looks to Softhands. "I don't... well, I think this place is more your cup of tea. You have a better understanding that I of where to look and what questions to ask. What do you think our next step should be?"
    Softhands casts about, pursing her lips. Turning to Laera, she says It can't hurt to hang around for a little bit, try our luck at watching who comes in, maybe we'll see something useful. Let's give it a half bell, then look somewhere else. Deal?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

Blog Entries

Laera shrugs. "Okay, I guess," she says nervously.

Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast