Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

Blog Entries

"You need to be a little more stealthy to do that. Elves stand out here." Ino responds. The hand on the belt loosens and checks the back of the elf's pants, where she sees the invitation. A quick read reveals that it is exactly the same as the one Ino found in the money pouch. That sends Ino's mind to work, trying to think if this could be a trap or someone actually willing to take Gaedren down. If it was the second she might well never get an opportunity like this again, while if it was the first she could always break out a window and run.

After a moment's thought Ino replaces the card and her dagger and hops back a few feet.
    "Soooo, it seems like you want to kill him too. Alright, you head in first and we'll see how this goes. Big people are good trap detectors!" She grins at the end and motions for her late hostage to go inside.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

2. Default

"Thanks for the offer on the wine but I don't drink. Well unpleasantly in everyday life. I walk with Iomodae now so I shall overcome any unpleasantness." This is response to Johns offer of wine.

3. Default

Softhands pushes back a strand of hair and nervously adjusts her scarf. She hesitates, considering whether to correct the halfling about her racial heritage, but decides not to entirely trust the person whose blade recently threatened her flesh just yet.

I haven't decided anything about killing, though Pharasma knows I'm not praying to her to prevent it. You said, "too" and "this", so I'm assuming you have a card yourself. I suppose everyone has one. Well, then, let us go.

She stops a moment and turns to Ino,

If you're going to be at my back, at least tell me your name. As for me, they call me Softhands.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

Blog Entries

Ino almost runs into Softhand's behind as the woman stops suddenly. "​I need to walk further back. That would have been awkward." She thinks.

"That seems fair. The name's Ino Springfall, sailor and item acquisition expert. And I do have a card, but a different one from yours. Mine has a cricket on it. I think that one is about journeys or something, but I've seen harrow cards about twice EVER so I have no clue. But from the cards I'm guessing this person is a fortune-teller or just a normal wizard who think's he's being clever. Now, shoo shoo." Ino makes a 'go-on' gesture with her hands after introducing herself.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

As Laera eyes Bjorn, she picks a grain of bread from between her teeth with her dagger and winks at him. "All this talk of justice must mean you're a straight arrow. Oh certainly Gaedren definitely deserves justice, but I'm not sure it's legal justice we should be seeking. True justice would come from the thieves' guild with a knife through the back. That's what happens to members who break the rules. But if you're set on legal justice, there are ways to make it happen, long as you remember the system of justice is as broken as a lover's heart when she catches her fella' with his lips tasting another woman's kiss." Laera takes another close look at Bjorn. "Course you'd never do that, I suppose, not a straight arrow like you..."

Laera points to John. "My friend here spoke of wisdom, said it was measured by strength of character. Tell me Bjorn, would you say you're a wise person? And if so, who do you think is more likely to hand out true justice, the thieves' guild, which has strict rules and regulations that Gaedren undoubtedly agreed to and broke, or a legal system with the fickle nature of a scorned lover. Be thoughtful, because if you say the latter, you better be ready to charm your way into the good graces of lady justice."

6. Default

Bjorn returns the stare to Laera and clears his throat and starts
    "I was not always on the straighten arrow. I used to live in the bottle and that is why I do not partake. I will do as Iomodae wills. I cannot stand idley by and see the unjust continue to be unpunished. I have made a vow to bring justice where it is needed. The legal justice system was created mortals and not by the gods themselfs. All mortals have their flaws and those flaws will often seep into the systems that we mortals create. I believe that in the end Iomedae will give justice to the unjust and I am just a vassal in which that will is carried out."

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    "That seems fair. The name's Ino Springfall, sailor and item acquisition expert. And I do have a card, but a different one from yours. Mine has a cricket on it. I think that one is about journeys or something, but I've seen harrow cards about twice EVER so I have no clue. But from the cards I'm guessing this person is a fortune-teller or just a normal wizard who think's he's being clever. Now, shoo shoo." Ino makes a 'go-on' gesture with her hands after introducing herself.
    Softhands wonders for a moment whether Ino has the leave of Korvosa's Thieves' Guild to conduct her "item acquisition" line of work, but decides now is not exactly the time to discuss employment semantics. Plus, she had no desire to get in the way of the cutpurse's union at the moment, considering who she was here to meet about.

Clearly we've been selected for some reason, but it wasn't some 'normal wizard' who got the card into my hand. Guess we'll see.

Softhands pushes open the door of the Lancet Street house just as Bjorn wins up his explanation to Laera about why he doesn't drink. Seeing the three gathered inside, Softhands clears her throat by way of announcing herself.
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

The halfling and the Half-elf go through the door at 3 Lancet Street and enter the room with the tapetries, the incense burners and the table with chairs in the middle. The three individuals, which Ino had observed entering earlier are here as well, engage in conversation. From their cautious demeanor, it is clear that they do not know each other.

Before you get the chance to introduce yourselves further, the door behind the newcomers opens once more - this time an attractive middle-aged Varisian woman with long dark hair enters.

She smiles when she sees all of you, "Good! You are all here - I apologize for not being here to greet you properly". She closes the door and moves over and takes a seat at the table next to John. "Please, have a seat!". As you take a seat (or not, depending on how you react to her invitation) - you notice that there are exactly six chairs, one for her and each of you - she continues, "Please allow me to introduce myself - I am Zallara Esmaranda. Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see - a vicious man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This man has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal".

As she speaks, she produces a Harrow Deck from a pocket and starts shuffling the cards - her hands seem to move by their own without her expending a single thought. Her skill with the cards is obvious - the cards seem to float and dance through her fingers.

9. Default

Before the assembled group can react to Softhands' and Ino's arrival, the Varisian woman enters and begins her spiel. Softhands watches silently, reserving judgement until she's heard all there was to say. Diagnose, then treat.

As Esmaranda explains herself and begins shuffling, Softhands crosses her arms across her chest and leans against one of the tapestries against the wall, drinking in the spectacle and waiting for the catch.
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

10. Default Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

John doesn't say anything. So far, this woman has only told him what he already knows. John's been around for a good while and his parents before him weren't socially recluse. He tries to think if he's seen or heard of Zallara Esmaranda.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge local - (d20+9) (5) [14]

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast