Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 886

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

  1. Default

    As Softhands nears Lancet Street, she slows down and settles herself within sight to watch the place. There was still time before sunset, despite the distance Softhands was an efficient traveller, she knew the city and her brusque manner and determined look kept most trouble away. Still, forewarned was forearmed and so she would wait a while before arriving herself.

    She settled into wait, not exactly hiding, but not making herself conspicuous either. She decides to herself she will enter just after sunset, to see if she could catch the letter writer arriving. She knew it was an outside chance - whoever had written the message clearly had means and skills - but maybe she would get lucky...for once.

    OOC: Softhands will enter five minutes after the next PC enters provided nothing untoward happens.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,754
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Laera collects the evidence and stashes it in her purse. Afterwards, she hurries home, grabs some food and dons her hide armor. She's not normally one to wear armor around town but... well... something about the card seems to suggest that armor and weapons might be a good idea. Afterwards, she throws a dark cloak over herself, hiding her face as best she can.

    Afterwards, she proceeds to the address, continuing to keep her eyes open to anyone who might seem suspicious or following her.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception to spot others vs. Ino's 21 stealth - (d20+3) [8]

    Outside the address she spots a half-elven woman trying to act inconspicuous, but in reality the woman is everything but inconspicuous. She looks be a bit older than Laera, which must mean that she's less than half of Laera's age. However, Laera doesn't notice the halfling hiding in the shadows.

    She glances over her shoulder at the half-elf as she reaches the door to the house, wondering what the woman could possibly be waiting for. It doesn't take much imagination to imagine this could be a trap... correction, another trap... possibly by Gaedren himself. Not that the scumbag was all that smart, but this did seem like as easy way for Gaedren to finish the job he'd failed at the first time his goons assaulted her. Was she like the businessman she'd just been tracking down? By opening the door, was she unplugging a sewer, unaware of the metaphorical otyugh inside?

    She places her hand on her rapier and steps inside, quickly closing the door behind her.

    When she sees the others inside, she holds up her cards to them and says, "How exactly do you know about what Gaedren did to me, and what in Desna's fury can we do to catch the bastard and dangle him from his skinny little neck in the middle of the town square until his eyes pop?"
    Last edited by ifreedman; 08-18-2017 at 01:56 AM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Seeing people arrive at the shop and head inside Ino decides to get a closer look. However she easily spots the woman loitering outside and decides to find out if she knows anything. Slowly, ever so slowly she sneaks out of the alley to behind the half-elf, moving with all the stealth she possesses.

    Stealth-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+12 ) [23]


    (half speed until Ino is behind Softhands, then she stops)


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  4. Default Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

    The young elves passionate inquiry is met by John's apathetic stare.

    "You may as well settle down, young elf. We're all here for the same reason, I think." John's voice is tired. Monotone. It seems to take some effort to even bring them to his lips. With a slightly wheezy sigh John reveals his Harrow Card, face out - The Foreign Trader.

    "Here's mine, and I'd hazard a guess, this fellow's got one too. Have a drink - the both of you. Our host isn't likely to show up until each of these glasses has someone to hold it."

    John breaks off another piece of bread and dunks it in his wine. This is a better meal than he's had in a few weeks, so he's going to enjoy it.

  5. Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+7) [20]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  6. Default

    As the door opens and quickly closes Bjorn will break away from the tapestries and says "I do like to see justice be served to the wicked but it needs to be handled through the courts of the land. Hello, I am Bjorn and I too was told to meet here and I was given a card." Bjorn produces the card. "It seems the other gentleman has received a similar card. I am curious to know how we are all connected with Gaedren." Bjorn will now sit opposite John. He will eat the bread but not drink any of the wine. He will drink from his waterskin instead. Bjorn will ask the name of the elf and old man. "Now that I have introduced myself may I ask what your names are?"
    Last edited by Danseredp; 08-18-2017 at 06:06 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,754
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Laera glances at John's card, thinks for a moment, shrugs and pockets her own card.

    "Young lady, that's a laugh,"
    she says to the human, as she pulls back her hood, more clearly revealing her elven features. "I can tell that you must not have much experience with the fair folk. I'd wager I'm a fair bit older and wiser than you, old man."

    Laera grins at the others, and then grabs a slice of bread and a glass of wine. It's been a while since she last bought wine, and the taste is wonderful.

    "Laera's my name," she adds as she chews her food. If the others expect demure, well-mannered behavior from elves, she certainly does not fit the bill.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Seeing that she made it unheard Ino quietly draws a dagger with her left hand as she creeps into position behind the woman. Her right swings up and grabs the half-elf by the belt while her left positions the dagger at the base of the half-elf's spine, ready to plunge in if any move was made.
    "Quiet now! I just want to know what you expect to see in that shop. I've seen other people go in but you're waiting for something. What?"


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  9. Default Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

    Laera's defensive retort seems to have settled a bet John had with himself, allowing a slight self-satisfied smile to flash.

    In an attempt to set the Elf at ease he says in Elven "My comment held no ill will. It wasn't meant to offend." he isn't perturbed by the Elf's unusual lack civility - in fact it may be preferable to the few Elves he's had dealings with.

    Now back to his more comfortable Taldan he responds "Young is not a measure of years spent living, but a comparison to those yet to live. Likewise, wisdom isn't measured by breadth knowledge, but by a strength of character. Ironically, it seems the two are interwoven so closely that you often do not see one without the other."

    To Bjorn he nods at the introduction, but only says "If our meeting here is connected to Gaedren, there can only be a few possibilities that are likely - none of them pleasant."

  10. Default

    Softhands thinks she hears something, but that's when a new arrival confidently strides into the house. She begins counting slowly to five, but on four she is yanked to the side. She feels the dagger at her back, but also feels the barrier between the blade and her skin. She responds slowly,

    "Easy now, I'm here because I was invited. I can prove it. Where your blade lies at my lumbar focus, there is the invitation. Can't be too careful, right?" she laughs softly "Thought I'd be clever and scope out the place first."

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by atlastrembles; 08-18-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •