Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 818

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

  1. #801
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,620
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifreedman View Post
    Laera blows a kiss at Vince and then looks to Ino. "Right, honey? What do you say? What kind of reward are you looking for in exchange for a demonstration of your skills?"
    Ino nods proudly and idly spins a knife between the fingers of her left hand while talking with her right.
    "Let's say...one small request. Nothing expensive, nothing that would hurt you, but leaving it open for me to think about. Would that be worth it?"


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    The spiders crawling around come in all shapes and sizes. Softhands recognise many species as harmless, but there are a few among them, which are definitely poisonous and a some she doesn't know at all. She would expect that the ones seen here are non-agreessive (unless you are a small bird or a rodent), so you should probably be fine unless provoking them needlessly.

    Studying their surroundings, Softhands and Bjorn notices the bird cage hanging from the ceiling. At first glimpse it seems empty, but then Softhands notices something stirring inside and she recognises the form as a house drake - one of the small pseudodragons, which inhabit the Korvosan region and which keeps the city relatively clean of the pesky imps infesting the area. The house drakes are almost like mascots or Korvosa, and Softhands' heart aches from seeing one of the magnificent little creatures imprisoned in such a confined environment.

    Devargo Barvasi claps his hands in joy and laughs out loud over your little display of civility and bravado. "Wonderful! Marvelous! I've always had the greatest respect for little ladies armed with knives!" Turning to the six men benched at the table, he continues, "Any of you stout lads brave enough to take up the challenge from the wee lady?" This remark leads to widespread chuckling until a short and broad fellow rises from the table. Presenting Ino with a mockery of a courteous bow, he shows his yellow-black crooked teeth in a wide smile and graces Ino with a sour breath that could fell an ox, "Don't worry little lady - I won't hurt you....much...".

    Still enjoying the show immensely, Barvasi calls for the clearing of the other table and the placing of bets as he briefly explains the rules: Bets are placed by tossing gold coins onto the table. A single dagger is stuck to the tabletop between the contestants, who are standing on the table at each end. Each of the contestants have one hand tied to his/her side by leather straps and have a belt pouch fitted to his/her waist. The aim of the game is collecting gold coins while staying alive. Once the game starts, there are no rules - anything goes. The game ends once a contestant is unconscious, dead or knocked off the table, or when there are no more coins on the table. The winner is the contestant, who is still alive on the table and with most gold in his/her pouch. There are typically three overall strategies: i) go for the dagger, ii) go for the gold, or try to force the opponent off the table.


    Whenever you are ready, let Ino take up position on the table and roll initiative.

  3. Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIniative - (1d20) [7]

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,620
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The halfling performs a curtsy in return to the bowing man. "That's fantastic! It means I get more chances to hurt you!" She smiles as she takes her place on the table and waits for the match to start as she starts looking around for gold.

    Once the signal is given she immediately bolts for the dagger instead, intent on stabbing the man a few times before rolling him off the table. If she needed to go further, she would. It wasn't worth getting shanked here for a few gold pieces anyway.

    Init-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+4 ) [9]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,629
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollinitiative - (d20+5) [8]

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,629
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Also, before combat initiative starts, can Laera cast Detect Magic and Detect Psychic Significance, just to see if anything in the room pings?
    Note: since she has psychic abilities, she can so this secretly without verbal or somatic components.

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    Ino and the volunteer henchman climb onto the table at opposite sides with the dagger between them. The other brigands start throwing gold sails onto the table - depressingly few land at Inos feet suggesting that the odds are not felt to be in her favor.

    While the tension is rising and everyone's attention is trained at the forthcoming battle, Laera stretches out her senses. She feels the presence of several faint magical auras (three) and also an object of some psychic significance. The magical auras are all located on Barvasis body, but Laera can't pinpoint exactly the location of the psychic significance.

    The countdown reaches zero and the thug lurches forward, clearly with the same intention as Ino.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+1) [8]

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,974

    Default Round 1

    Ino is mere miliseconds faster than her opponent, and she reaches the dagger first. As she picks it up, she puzzles over the surprising weight of the dagger and how thick the handle is - until it hits her: of course, the dagger is fashioned for human-sized wielders and it feels uncomfortably large in her small hands. Still - it is probably better to have in her hands than in her opponents.

    There are Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d6+20) [27] gold sails on the table. Seeing that Ino successfully retrieves the dagger, the brigand scowls and tries instead to snatch up a fistful of coins from the table. He retrieves Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10) [9] gold sails, but as he briefly turns his attention to the table, Ino sees the opportunity to take a stab at him.

    ((Ino can take an AoO. Note that since the dagger is unfamiliar size to Ino she takes a -2 penalty to attack. In round 2, Ino starts))

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 06-17-2019 at 09:04 PM.

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,620
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Ino seizes the opportunity with both hands and takes a quick stab at the man while he's turned away. Regardless of whether or not she hits the first time she strikes again, aiming for the mans legs so he cant simply run her off the table. It reminds her of taking down a rather large animal.


    AoO
    Attack-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20 ) [16]
    Damage-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d3 ) [1]

    Normal Attack
    Attack-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20 ) [10]
    Damage-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d3 ) [3]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,974

    Default Round 2

    Ino scratches the thug across his thigh, as he bends down to pick up the gold. "Ough", he excalims as a thin line of blood is seen through the tear in his linen pants - but Ino is well aware that the wound is little more than a scratch and unlikely to hamper the thug significantly.

    Barvasi laughs merrily and claps his hand, "Wonderful - first blood! But don't hold back little one. Remember, anything goes! If you happen to stab him through the eye - well, that's all just part of the game!"

    Ino's opponent circles carefully around her on the table, until he finds a good spot to retrieve a few more coins. Then he reaches for the gold, once more exposing himself to Ino's riposte, picking up Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10) [8] gold sails.

    He grins as he empties a fist full of gold into his belt pouch: more than half the gold is now in his possession, and the only way that Ino can win now, is finishing him off or somehow forcing him off the table. The crowd cheers him loudly as they see a sure victory within reach.

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 06-19-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •