Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 818

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifreedman View Post
    Laera giggles and then adds, "Perhaps you and I should flirt our way in, Bjorn. And Softhands can pretend to be an erotic masseuse. After all, she does have the softest hands." Laera laughs again and then sighs deeply and then plops down into a sitting position, waiting for the others to make a decision.
    Softhands winks at Laera and laughs as they follow Ino and Bjorn towards the largest ship and Devargo's hideout. Feeling good are we? Let's have a good time and be on our best behaviour, yes? It'll be a fun game. She flashes a confident grin at Ino and Bjorn. ​She's a smaller target, dear paladin, and we'll need you watching our backs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  2. #792
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    The large ship tied off to the pier bears the name Eel's End. Its figurehead is a coiling eel with a woman's head. While the pier itself and the other vessels tied to it are teaming with drunkards, sailors and dancing and drinking revelers, the deck of the larger ship remains clear of people. Two tall broad-shouldered bouncers block the landing to the ship - behind them a pair of large double doors bearing a complext painting of a spider allows entrance to the stern section of the main deck.

    As you approach the landing, one of the bouncers steps forward challenging you menacingly, "State your business with the King of Spiders - or move along!".

  3. #793
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,622
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "I heard that the King likes knife-fighting, so I thought I'd volunteer. The lot I saw heading in here earlier seem like bottom of the barrel types and I wanted to show the King some real fighting. And I heard there's a lot of money on board." Ino says. Hopefully they were short a fighter or two and could squeeze her in, maybe after a demonstration.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  4. #794
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,633
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "And I came to watch," Laera says with a giggle, that seems to emphasize even more that she's under the influence. She leans closer to the man, points at Ino and whispers loudly, "There's nothing more fun than watching her tear apart some poor guy in a knife fight. It gets stabby-stabby and bloody-bloody pretty quickly. It's pure awesome!"

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Softhands winks at Laera and laughs as they follow Ino and Bjorn towards the largest ship and Devargo's hideout. Feeling good are we? Let's have a good time and be on our best behaviour, yes? It'll be a fun game. She flashes a confident grin at Ino and Bjorn. ​She's a smaller target, dear paladin, and we'll need you watching our backs.
    Bjorn nods in agreement and he will say "Aye suppose you are right. However I did learn to use a knife during my training years of paladin school."

  6. Default

    Softhands nods amiably at the bouncer blocking their way to the Eel's End. As she responds, she pats her gold pouch, which makes a satisfying *clink* as the coins are rustled. And I'm here to bet on her pointing to Ino iThe King of Spiders is in for a show!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  7. #797
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    The bouncers look dum-founded from Ino to Laera to Softhands and back to Ino again. The they look at each other and suddenly break down in a coughing fit of sputtering laughter. It takes a minute or two for the pair to regain their senses until one of them remarks, "Wait.....wait, Vince.... I think.....I think they are bloody serious!". The other one replies, "Well, I feel lucky - a gold sail says that the fearsome midget is going to win!" - the remark triggers another burst of guffawing.

    It takes a few more minutes before the two guards return to a half-way serious stance, but eventually the one called "Vince" notes, "Alright, I'll take them in...come along". With a wave for the small group to follow, he leads the heroes onto the deck of the Eel's End and towards the aft cabin. After a respectful knock, he opens the door and ushers you in.

    The large room, once a captain's cabin, has been converted into a throne room of sorts. The walls are thick with spider webs, in which scuttle dozens of spiders, some as large as a fist but most considerably smaller. These spiders seem content to stay in their webs and do not venture into the room itself, which is furnished with two sturdy oaken tables surrounded by chairs. Aft, a wooden stage supports a large leather chair covered with cobwebs and scampering spiders. A narrow door stands toport, hanging ajar and revealing a flight of stairs leading below. An iron birdcage hangs from the ceiling like a chandelier.

    At one of the tables sit six scruffy-looking humans - including the couple that Ino saw in the gambling den - sharing a meal and loud storytelling. A tall dark haired human, clad in black studded leather and wearing a mean expression sits on the throne appearing deep in thought as you enter. Vince presents you to the king of spiders, "Hey boss - This little guy claims to a master at Knivesies. I thought you might fancy a bit of entertainment." The last part is delivered with a wide smirk on his face. The dark haired man rises from his throne and looks at you with eyes that could pierce four inches of lead. Then he breaks into a wide grin - which for some reason does not look entirely comfortable - and says in a deep voice, "Excellent, Vince - you thought right! Now do come in - don't be shy...."

    ((Normal interactions do not require any checks. If you make a request of the king of spiders, make a diplomacy roll. If you try to lie, you need to make a bluff check. As you post your actions, make a perception check as well))




  8. #798
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,633
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Laera sways drunkenly as she enters, grinning broadly.

    "Vince, boss, you..." she points to the man and winks. "I've got to correct your small-minded friends. This little guy... well, she definitely isn't a guy. And once you see her knife skills in the ring, you might find that her opponent won't be much of a man either, if you get my meaning. But do me a favor, and don't let that be you, promise. Now she's probably going to want to place a wager on herself. No sense in putting herself in danger if there isn't profit to be made."

    Laera blows a kiss at Vince and then looks to Ino. "Right, honey? What do you say? What kind of reward are you looking for in exchange for a demonstration of your skills?"

  9. Default

    Bjorn will say nothing he will be on the watch for anything that is suspicious. Making sure that his party will be ok. He tries to look like he is calm and chill but he still looks a bit nervous about all this.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+2) [9]
    Last edited by Danseredp; 06-06-2019 at 05:19 AM.

  10. Default

    Softhands executes a bow in the King of Spiders' direction before leading Laera to take a seat at one of the benches opposite the small crowd. As she does so, she tries to keep a surreptitious eye out for the spiders congregating in the corners of the room - what are the - she thinks as she sits.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge Nature - (1d20+8) [12]

    Once comfortable, and keeping a steadying hand on Laera's back to make sure she doesn't fall over, she addresses the King with a respectful tone laced with a hint of collegial amusement. Our thanks for your kind welcome, your grace. My companions and I were eager to enjoy the amusements offered here. Your reputation precedes you, far beyond Korvosa's mean streets and slurried waters. Will you accept a token of our appreciation before the festivities begin? she asks, smiling slightly and looking directly at him, hiding the beating of her heart and suppressing a quaver of nerves in her voice.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+8) [17]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •