Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 846

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

  1. #821
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,632
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Laera, still feeling a bit high, places a hand on Ino's shoulder and says, "Nice one! I knew that ratskal... er, rapscatle... er repscallin... could never best you. Jesh, can't believe that no one bet on you, though. Sucks for them, yeah?"

    Then Laera strides towards Barvasi, recomposes herself and says confidently, "Yes, let's talk busyness. Except I can't remember what we came here to say." She leans over to Ino and says, "You speak." Then she points to Softhands, and adds, "Or you speak, sexy orc."

    Finally Laera giggles and steps backwards.

  2. #822
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,040

    Default

    Barvasi leans back in his seat with a faint smile, awaiting patiently for someone to step forward. A black spider the size of a small walnut with a purple mark on its back scuttles across his face and disappears into his shaggy hair without Barvasi as much as flinching. The five henchmen in the back of the cabin seems to have finally calmed down their humiliated brother somewhat and the only sound heard is the feeble rattling of the imprisoned pseudodragon in the small cage above your heads.

    You recall the mission, which Field Marshal Kroft of the Korvosan Guard sent you to Eel's End to complete. The Chelaxian ambassador, Devayne Gios Amperi, - suspected of profiteering off the current turmoil in Korvosa following the kings demise - has frequented the Eel's End - possibly as a regular customer. Devargo Barvasi is infamous for his ability to dig up dirt on his contacts and using it to his own advantage, and Field Marshal Kroft is certain that the King of Spiders has something on the ambassador. You are tasked with retrieving whatever incriminating or embarrassing evidence Barvasi may have on ambassador Amperi in an effort to pressure the ambassador to leave the city. You have received a cache of 1000 gold sails, which you can use to bribe Barvasi if need be.

    ((As always, if you try to ask something of Barvasi or persuade him, roll a diplomacy check. If you try to threaten him, an intimidate check is needed. Finally, make a bluff check if you try to deceive Barvasi))

  3. Default

    Softhands lets the illusion drop as she approaches Barvasi, stepping forward confidently and bowing with sincerity. Summoning up every scrap of presence and projecting an air of assuredness, Softhands says, My King of Spiders, once again our thanks for this opportunity to share in your company. As a Korvosan born and raised in the twists and alleys, I have heard much about you - your web of influence stretches far beyond Eel's End. You must be a clever man Lord Devargo Barvasi, for men who are not do not rise so high in this bitch of a city, eh? You know how I know you are clever? It is because you are a man who understands and appreciates the need to do whatever it takes to survive. We do, too. And Korvosa needs people like us in these trying times, eh? There are opportunities here for people who know how to apply to right leverage, how to think beyond the blade -nodding over to the table - how to find allies in strange places, too. Would you not agree, Lord Barvasi?






    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  4. #824
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,040

    Default

    Barvasi leans back slowly, his faint smile frozen on his face and dark eyes twinkling in the dim light of the cabin. "Have a look around, sweetheart..." he notes gesturing at the six ruffians in the back of the cabin, "...as you see, I am surrounded by sycophants and lickspittles daily - and though none of them are as sweet on the eyes as you are, my dear, I have no need for more! You have amused me - and for that I am willing to grant you the benefit of the doubt. But why don't we dispense with the bullshit and let's get down to business, shall we? What do you want?"

  5. #825
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,632
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "I might be kind of high on your illegal drugs, but you need us, buster, and we neeed you. Got it?!?" Laera says, stepping forward and bruskly addressing Barvasi. "You see, you have a busineas to run. And we have our own business. And some of our customers are the same customers, but they've ben really bad boys and girls and we need to find them, right ladies." She turns to her companions and nods.

    "And you too, handsome, whatever your name is," she says to Bjorn. "Oh, yes, Bjork, that's right. So you see Mr Bar Vase illegal drug selling guy, we could make a mess of your business, but we don't want to do that. After all, many of your customers are nice and we don't want to piss them off. And also, I'm prettty whoopy right now, and it kind of feels prettu good, and so you're sitting on a pretty horse right now. But yeah, about our business. We need to find that person. For our business and whatnot. And I'm thirsty, so I'm going to drink while you tell my ladies what they need to know. Got it, Bar Vase?"

    Laera pulls out a water skin and then sits on the floor and starts drinking.

  6. Default

    Softhands is about to respond to Barvasi's blunt insight and invitation when Laera takes the stage with her half-coherent rambling. The alchemist tries to butt in, but Laera talks over her, stumbling just out of her subtle grasp. So she let's her companion finish, hoping that her display remained innocent, if embarrassing.


    As she winds down, Softhands clears her throat, steps forward again, and winks at Barvasi.


    "You asked for honesty, didn't you? You should market your vapours as truthsmoke. She may be high as a housedrake, but she's not lying. Korvosa is holding together by a thread, Barvasi, and I'm thinking that neither you nor us and our friends wants it to completely fall apart. Bad for business, yeah? And Korvosa, she ain't exactly popular, lots of local powers would only be too happy to see the city tear itself apart. Some might even say she deserves it, might aim to strike when she's weak, saying it be devilish justice."


    She let's the specifically chosen words echo for a moment before tossing a bag of sails (100 GP) at her feet.


    "Payment, for taking this meeting, offered in mutual respect as a fellow child of Korvosa. We need information from you, Devargo, about a certain regular customer of yours we understand. Plain speaking, we need anything you have on the Chelaxian ambassador. They would like nothing more than to stab Korvosa while she's wounded and we are here on behalf of those, like you we hope, who would like to keep korvosa's problems korvosa's, get me? If it's coin that interests you, we've got plenty, but I have a feeling we mights could discuss some other arrangement?"

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDiplomacy - (1d20+6) [17]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  7. #827
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,632
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    (I'd like to see if Laera's ramblings perhaps provided aid to Softhands. Should be +2 to her roll if I roll over 10).

    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldiplomacy aid dc 10 - (d20+8 ) [14]

  8. #828
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,632
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Laera leans close to Softhands and whispers in an intoxicated slur, "Yippsy do, that was awesome, Softie. Did I do well? I think I nailed it, and then you kicked it through the goal. You were REALLY convincing to me for sure. Although he looks like a tough cracked... carrot... care-actor. Yeah, he's really tough. So I'm not sure if he's too tough to bite at your carrot. Jeesh, I could really use some more water. My mouth is just swirly and my tongue looks totally dry."

  9. #829
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,040

    Default

    Barvasi furrows his brows as he witnesses the spectacle between Laera and Softhands with mild confusion. He looks like a person who smells something odd without being able to put an exact finger on it. But when he hears the clink of coins hitting the floor, he sighs and smiles. "To be honest, I have no idea, what you are rambling about, but at least you speak the one true universal language..." indicating the purse of gold offered, "...although your vocabulary is not as 'rich' as one could hope for. Alright, I may have a bit of interesting information about our esteemed Chelaxian ambassador. It would appear that the dear ambassador has been a naughty boy - he's been having an affair with the wife of an important Chelaxian nobleman, and the lovers have been so careless to write letters about it in all the juicy details. I may still have a few of them lying around. If the lover's husband were to hear about this, it would certain spell the end of Ambassador Amprei's career - and quite possibly his life! Of course, I find it much more profitably to sell the letters back to the ambassador one by one. Of course, in the interest of serving our beloved city. I might be persuaded to part with the letters for, say, 1000 gold sails!"

    His smile is beaming, but his black eyes are as hard and piercing as ever.

    ((I rolled a bluff check for you as well in secret, as you are trying to put up a front as 'businessmen' rather than the represenatives of law enforcement that you actually are. Although you cannot know the exact result, judging from his reaction, it couldn't have been a complete disaster...))

  10. Default

    Softhands smiles, doing her best to keep most of the triumph out of it, excited that her throat had not yet been slit here at the centre of Barvasi's web. She inclines her head as if considering the quoted price, weighing Barvasi's offer.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSense Motive - (1d20+1) [21] - At the very least, is Barvasi lying about the existence and/or authenticity of these letters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •