Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC thread

1. Default

Sounds good to me

2. Default

So where are going to store our loot will we you guys want a base of operations?

Blog Entries

Being a rogue, I'm sure my character knows of hidey-holes all over the city. She could store things there if we need too, or pay someone to watch them.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxly View Post
    My unsolicited advice would be; since you are a paladin and only get 2+(int mod) skill points per level, don't bother with Linguistics (unless it is a part of your backstory). The party wizard or rogue will have more points available and (in my case) will be more than happy to translate into common for you.
    Between the rogue, wizard, investigator and alchemist, I think we're going to have a ton of skill points, and probably a lot of overlap in skills. As a paladin, I suggest you stick to the skills that you find most interesting and fitting for your character concept. Don't feel like you need to fill skill gaps.

Blog Entries

Here's a link to my character sheet:

Laera

It's done except for selecting a few spells and a tiny bit of fine tuning.

For added backstory, I also added a Fey link (racial ability, drawback, spells, etc.), where she was abducted briefly by fey (not sure what type) when she was young. Afterwards her magical/psychic powers started to manifest themselves, which she credits to the fey. She also has a drawback where she is particularly susceptible to fey magic, so she remains in a sense very much beholden to and powerless against the wild fey magics. I know I could flush out the details out more, but I'm more inclined to leave it vague, just in case something in the AP could fit with this.)

It sounds like everbody is ready to go?

I will probably have a brief look at your sheets over the next week or two, but there is no reason to wait for a thorough inspection. I will probably be able to post the opening tonight (if not, then tomorrow). I have a small gap on Friday/Saturday due to wife's birthday - that will give you an opportunity to roleplay your first meeting. You do not know each other from the beginning - but don't worry, you will meet soon enough.

With respect to your base of operations: Each of you rent a small studio in town, so you have a starting place to live (first month of rent is already paid, courtesy of your friendly GM). I have chosen your starting location based on your remaining wealth after shopping (sorry, Knox ):
    • John Dowe: Bridgefront ward of the Old Korvosa district - it can't get much poorer than this (monthly rent: 7 silver shields)
    • Ino Springfall: High Bridge ward of the Midland district - not far from Citadel Volshyenek, the headquarters of the Korvosan Guard. Best place to hide from the law is right under their noses, right? (monthly rent: 5 gold sails)
    • Softhands: Garrison Hill ward of the Old Korvosa district - not as bad as Bridgefront, but close (monthly rent: 18 silver shields)
    • Laera: Ridgefield ward of the North Point district - the poorest part of the government district, but it is fairly close to the finest inn and tavern in Korvosa, the Posh and Turtle (monthly rent: 4 gold sails)
    • Bjorn von Strep: Thaddeus left you a small apartment in Pillar Hill of the Midland district - a very nice, if not particularly fashionable part of the city (monthly rent: 20 gold sails)

You should be able to find the districts and wards on the map.

7. Default OOC thread

Haha. Ok! Poor, poor Mr. Dowe barely scraping by in such meager housing. His children off living their big dreams in big mansions and driving big fancy cars carriages. Looks like it's Ramen for dinner tonight... and tomorrow... and the next day...

John Dowe is like a Crunch Wrap Supreme - He's wrapped up and good to go!

8. Default

Softhands has a high intelligence as well and has taken a number of the racial languages...suggest someone take the variants and/or some stranger languages (Draconic, Giant, Infernal, etc)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

The game is afoot!

I took the liberty of "playing" a few minutes of your characters' lives - just to set the scene and introduce a few of the colorful features of Korvosa.

Have fun!

Blog Entries

And my second roll of the game is a nat 20! I'll take that as a good omen for this campaign!

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast