Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC thread

Blog Entries

Default OOC thread

I'm a fast typer. Can't tell you how much that helps in terms of playing in pbp games!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Haha, yeah, that doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for the suggestions; as Galin doesn't really have too much in the way of offensive spells, I'll buy a Wand of Barbed Chains.

Blog Entries

Default OOC thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moofinity View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions; as Galin doesn't really have too much in the way of offensive spells, I'll buy a Wand of Barbed Chains.
    That looks cool. Unlike in 5e, combat cantrips tend to be pretty mediocre and scale terribly if at all.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Okay - let's see if we can't kick this into action again. I have practically force fed Unt'Chuck to the party, while thrown Galin into the thick end of the riots. He is not in immediate danger, but things are happening around him. Galin can take a bit of time to do some sightseeing or whatever else he can think of. Don't worry, I will have you all meet up soon enough. At this point, Galin and Unt'Chuck don't really know much more than what has been written so far. If Galin wants to know more he can always go and listen to some of the rumor mongering (btw that goes for everyone, really) - apart from that, once the group meets up, it may be a good occasion to fill in a few details.

All,

Given Galin's situation, I know 3v1 isn't favourable, but I also think he would stick to his guns. I like the idea of trying to intimidate them, but at the same time, should that fail, is my option only to attack/flee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    (OOC: I don't suppose this scuffle is happening just outside where our other PCs are, is it? )
    Nope. You guys are still in the elven enclave comparing the size of your......scars. As long as you are hiding up inside, Galin is on his own .

Galin is presently down in the Midlands - which, incidentally is where you guys are heading to canvas the local pubs for clues on the two persons you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Moofinity View Post
    All,

Given Galin's situation, I know 3v1 isn't favourable, but I also think he would stick to his guns. I like the idea of trying to intimidate them, but at the same time, should that fail, is my option only to attack/flee?
    Given that Galin has positioned himself between the hooligans and their victim, they have to go through you to get to him. So they will probably submit, or decide to teach Galin a lesson as well, depending on what happens. It is true, that they are three and Galin is only one, but to Galin, this seems like local riff-raff seemingly untrained in any kind of disciplined combat.

Go for it, man. Worst case scenario? A cool story to tell and newly rolled PC. That's the beauty of DnD: even when you lose, you don't really lose as long as the story's still good.

Blog Entries

Agreed, go for it! Sometimes the most memorable characters are the ones that die soon after they were created!

It's funny because it's true.

I created a catfolk PC for a Castlevania-inspired game about five years ago. A friend of mine ran the game, great group, awesome set up...I was stoked. My cat's first action, upon reaching the massive castle where our story would take place, was to climb up a bit and look around. He rolled two natural ones and died immediately on his second Climb check. Splat.

Good times.

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast