Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 850

Thread: OoTA Chapter 4: Rest Beneath the Tumtum Tree

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,026

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldrow 1 wis save - (1d20) [15] succeeds but killed by Nyx
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldrow 2 wis save - (1d20) [20] succeeds but seriously injured by Derendil
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldrow 3 wis save - (1d20) [2] fail
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldrow 4 wis save - (1d20) [1] fail
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldrow elite wis save - (1d20+4) [11] fail

    Nyx drops the first drow even as he tries to resist Theander's spell.

    Derendil rushes the second drow and tries to claw him to death. He very nearly succeeds.
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+5) [17] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollslashing - (1d6+3) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+5) [20] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollslashing - (1d6+3) [8]
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-19-2017 at 04:23 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,026

    Default

    One of the elites turns and attacks Derendil, while a second emerges from the tunnel and attacks the giant. The one attacking Derendil moves in slow motion.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDerendil - (1d20+7) [22] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollpiercing - (1d6+4) [10] and Authentic Forum Dice-rollpoison - (3d6) [11] Derendil is hit, but doesn't seem fazed by the substance covering the drow's blade.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollgiant - (1d20+7) [24] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollpiercing - (1d6+4) [6] and Authentic Forum Dice-rollpoison - (3d6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollgiant - (1d20+7) [12] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollpiercing - (1d6+4) [5] and Authentic Forum Dice-rollpoison - (3d6) [9]
    The first attack hits, and the giant yelps like a puppy but doesn't withdraw.

    Malbocco, Sharzen, Eldeth, Theander, and Jimjar are up.
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-19-2017 at 04:46 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  3. #23

    Default

    On one hand the tiefling didn't want to get any closer than absolutely necessary... But then again if his companions got killed then his odds of surviving to get back to his library were slim to none. He moved forward, attempting to stay behind the giant, but looking for the drow priestess. Once she was in sight he would conjure a violent apparition (A Yochlol should do fine) to assault the priestess. If she wasn't then he would focus the spell on the unslowed Elite Drow.


  4. Default

    Eldeth calls out "Oh lord of the bronze mask hear my call and watch over those who fight this day!" Casting bless on Denderil, Malborro and the giant (or Sharzen if giant isnt a valid target.)

    She will move up with Malborro as he moves.
    Last edited by Astrumvicis; 08-20-2017 at 06:12 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Somewhere in the Intermountain West, USA
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Figuring that attacking those who attacked the giant might improve his opinion of the group, Sharzen engages the drow elite. As he strikes, he invokes the blessing of his Mistress, the Red Knight, asking her wrath to strike deep into the heart of his foe. (Add Divine Smite to Atk 1; expend 1 1st level spell slot.)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAtk 1 - (1d20+7+4) (6) [17] (+4 only if Sharzen receives the Bless rather than the giant...)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDmg - (3d8+6) (7, 5, 4) [22]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAtk 2 - (1d20+7) (11) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDmg - (1d8+6) (6) [12]

    "I never have to try to kill the PCs. They do it to themselves. I just take care of the paperwork." Trevor Sandlin (D&D Adventurer's League Facebook Thread)

  6. Default

    Malbocco growls and flies into a rage, giving into his primal instincts to increase his combat effectiveness in this strange land. He charges the nearest drow and tries to knock them out with his axe.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGreataxe - (1d20+9) (7) [16] Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d12+2+5+1) (2) [10]

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,026

    Default

    The priestess is not currently in view unless you have over 60ft of darkvision and are in melee range of the other drow, so Theander's illusory yochlol appears to the unslowed elite drow: Authentic Forum Dice-rollint save - (1d20) [18] The drow seems to wave his hand through the apparition and sneer at you for you weak attempt.

    The giant is a valid target for Bless (the spell doesn't specify ally or friendly creature, just "creatures of your choice"), and he looks at you a little strangely as he feels suddenly imbued with power. "Are you trying to confuse me?" his voice echoes. It seems as much a genuine question as it is accusatory.

    Sharzen's first attack, lacking divine blessing, misses. His second finds purchase on his target, however. ((In future, please roll your smite damage separately since this situation might arise where you want it to apply to an attack that hits but that's not the one you rolled the extra damage on. I'll roll your smite damage here: Authentic Forum Dice-rollsmite - (2d8) [10] ))

    Malbocco's fury ends the life of the drow that Derendil was attacking (unless you meant "knock them out" literally as "subdue", in which case you do that instead. Please clarify).

    The giant swings his greatclub at the drow elite who attacked him as he yells "I won't be confused! I won't let them - let you take me!"
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+1d4+9) (3) (2) [14] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollbludgeon - (3d8+6) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+1d4+9) (7) (3) [19] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollbludgeon - (3d8+6) [29]
    His second attack bashes his target hard, leaving the drow staggering.

    Jimjar moves further up into melee range of the drow and attacks one that is adjacent to one of his allies with his shortsword.
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+4) [23] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollpiercing - (1d6+2) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+4) [7] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollpiercing - (1d6+2) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsneak attack - (2d6) [9]
    Jimjar finds a place to slip his blade beneath the armor of one of the drow warriors and end his life.
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-22-2017 at 11:23 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,026

    Default

    Those of you with darkvision who are in melee see the priestess Ilvara appear in shades of grey at the far edge of your vision, and not a moment later two giant spiders appear out of nowhere. Authentic Forum Dice-rollspider init - (1d20+3) [9]

    The last remaining non-elite drow is still moving slowly, but swipes at Derendil with his short sword.
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+4) [10] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollpiercing - (1d6+2) [6]

    Nyx is up.



    Come join us on Discord!

  9. #29

    Default

    Nyx keeps her distance, approaching only to get a read on the last elite before firing upon him.

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll+1 Longbow - (1d20+6) (2) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollM.Piercing - (1d8+5) (4) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll+1 Longbow - (1d20+6) (8) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollM.Piercing - (1d8+5) (5) [10]

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,026

    Default OoTA Chapter 4: Rest Beneath the Tumtum Tree

    There are still two elites remaining and one non-elite. The non-elite is slowed and so is one of the elites that the party has been attacking. The giant is attacking the elite that is not slowed. Who do you target?



    Come join us on Discord!

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •