Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 850

Thread: OoTA Chapter 4: Rest Beneath the Tumtum Tree

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,078

    Default OoTA Chapter 4: Rest Beneath the Tumtum Tree

    The whole trip so far, Stool has been exuberant. Images of mushrooms and all sorts of other fungal growth flash through its telepathy along with feelings of happiness and contentment for the whole time its communication spores are active. It has a bounce to its step, and sometimes it springs ahead with a poof of harmless spores erupting from its cap.

    Its exuberance stops dead when you encounter the drow, and it begins shaking and emitting a terrible sense of fear when the cackle that could only belong to your former captor and tormentor - the drow priestess Ilvara - echoes down the passage toward you.

    The appearance of a massive - and also apparently massively confused - humanoid does nothing to alleviate Stool's fears. The more educated or travelled among you recognize the interloper to be a stone giant, but you have little time to process this as it looks back and forth between you and the drow in the dimly lit cavern.

    The giant repeats itself frantically: "You're with them, aren't you?" it says to your group. "And so are you!" it says to the drow. "I won't let you get me! I've gotten away from you for this long! I won't let you get me!"

    The giant's sudden appearance and strange accusations also seems to have distracted the drow. There is another, unguarded (as far as you know) exit from this cavern, but it would mean getting at least a little closer to the drow. You could always try to run backwards but that would only add time to your journey.

    What do you do?



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #2

    Default

    Theander stutters out a suggestion weighted by the a touch of the weave, glad that he didn't waste the spell trying to get his companions to help move the cart, "You w-w-want to h-help us so we c-can all be s-s-safe from the drow, whether we escape t-t-together or f-fight here!"



  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,078

    Default OoTA Chapter 4: Rest Beneath the Tumtum Tree

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollwis save - (1d20+4) [18]
    "You're with them! I'm not going anywhere with you!"

    The drow see your tactic and try it for themselves, minus the magic: "We're not with them! We want to stop them, and put them in a cell where they can't get to you! Won't you help?"
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-12-2017 at 05:20 AM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,078

    Default OoTA Chapter 4: Rest Beneath the Tumtum Tree

    Roll for above post: Authentic Forum Dice-rolldrow persuasion - (1d20+1) [11]

    "No! You're all trying to trick me! You won't get me! I'll stop you!"

    The giant lifts its club and begins to run at the drow.

    What do you do?
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-12-2017 at 05:23 AM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  5. #5

    Default

    Theander tries to get ahold of his stammering voice, "W-we should try and h-help the giant... Maybe h-he can help us g-get rid of our pursuers."


  6. Default

    Mal roars and follows the giant towards the drow, he was tired of being hunted by them.

    How far away is he from the nearest drow combatant?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theskyvalker View Post
    Mal roars and follows the giant towards the drow, he was tired of being hunted by them.

    How far away is he from the nearest drow combatant?
    50 feet



    Come join us on Discord!

  8. Default

    "Ack ya big panzy! We dun mean ye ill. Speak o' which...what are ye ah runnin' from?" Eldeth calls out to the giant as she follows Mal towards the drow.

    She will run to keep up if she has to, and if Mal is attacked she will use her reaction to impose disadvantage. (If she is within 5ft of ally and can see both the attacker and target).

  9. Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+4) (3) [7]

    Mal is going to charge at the drow with the giant, brandishing his greataxe.

  10. #10

    Default

    Nyx gave a small sigh as she began to draw the string on her bow. "Well, looks like we're just going to plow on through," Nyx comments.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+4) (6) [10]

    If Nyx is able to take a few shots, she will get into proper sight of her enemies and shoot the closest drow.
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll+1 Longbow - (1d20+9) (11) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollM.Piercing - (1d8+5) (2) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll+1 Longbow - (1d20+9) (11) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollM.Piercing - (1d8+5) (2) [7]

    (OoC: Well, ain't that just a freaky coincidence.)
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 08-13-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •