Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [D&D 3.5] We Are.. Gods?

Default [D&D 3.5] We Are.. Gods?

You wake up in a small forest clearing... there are four unfamiliar people around you, but you get the sense that you know them somehow. There's a heavy black tome with gilded pages and beautiful script in the center of all of you and you reach over to find it's in a strange language you don't understand... As you scan over it one of the words seems to call out to you, but you don't know what it means. You get the strangest feeling that you aren't home anymore.
    Hello everyone! This is an attempt at an idea that's been stirring around in my head for quite some time. I recently left a game and that opened up a spot where I decided to run a game in my custom world once again!

The only information I can give you about the plot of the story is in the title, but I'm sure that gives away enough as is! I wish I could do it in a way without spoiling the story, so just bear with me.

Stuff:
    What system are you using: D&D 3.5
    What medium(s) are you using: PbP

How often will you require people to post: Once every 1-2 days. I personally may have to wait a day to post, so I won't require more from my players.
    What kind of action(s) will be taken if a person does not post within the required time: I'll wait a day or two, and if I still don't have a post from you I'll reach out. If I get no response in a week, then sadly I'll have to find a new player to replace you.

What house rules does the game have:
    Rule 1: If I am doing something that doesn't follow the rules of the system, let me know! I make mistakes like everyone else. Sometimes this may be intentional however, and I will inform you in each circumstance when necessary.
    Rule 2: Please limit all player on player conflict to a minimum. Everything should be kept in character, and while I don't like character conflict sometimes it happens. Player conflict gets frustrating and ruins the fun for everyone.

What restrictions are there on source material: All core books + One other official source book of your choice. I find this makes it easier to allow customization past core classes and races, but limits those who will try to "break" the game with their characters.

How do players create their characters:
    We are starting at level one
    Max HP for level 1
    Roll for starting gold
    Roll 3d6 6 times for your ability scores(these scores are final unless somehow you manage to roll all less than 10)

As far as backstory goes, the character can have pretty much any background, though please do refrain from making chaotic evil and similar characters as they won't mesh with the party well.

What other restrictions and/or requirements are there: Bring a smile and a good attitude!

Here is a link to the work-in-progress campaign setting:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    When you pick your race you can decide where you are from. If you wish to choose a race with a level adjustment, then we can talk about scaling it down to fit as a level one race.

I'm looking for five players total, and I can't run multiple games so I'm sorry if you don't make it. This isn't first come first serve, I'll be picking characters and players who I think will make a fun and interesting group to play with.

Lastly, if I missed anything please let me know so I can add it and answer questions!

Submissions:
    None yet.
    Last edited by Adonis53; 08-08-2017 at 07:59 PM.
    "I do believe in killing the messenger. Do you know why? Because it sends a message!"

When I get home I will roll and post a character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Oneky View Post
    When I get home I will roll and post a character

Looking forward to it and all other creations!
    "I do believe in killing the messenger. Do you know why? Because it sends a message!"

Is there anything other information I can have for when I create my character ls backstory

What exactly do you need? It may vary depending on your race and/or class of choice as well.

6. Default

I want to play a elf druid, or half elf druid

Sounds Awesome, I would love to play a character here, I have a couple of characters begging to be born, I will pm you a couple of ideas later tonight

If I've got decent rolls I've got some ideas that I'd love to get in. I assume this starts level 1?

9. Default

Once we have rolled our stats can we pick where they go?
    Last edited by Danseredp; 08-08-2017 at 05:49 PM.

10. Default

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d6) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d6) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d6) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d6) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d6) [13]
    What do we do with stats less than ten?

Talathel Caladrel was born to a ranger and a farmer. His father Variel Caladrel was ranger of the forested areas south of the Elisera region. His mother Oparal Caladrel was a farmer and had a natural talent to grow many things. Talathel's village was a loose community of about 6 farmers who would come together on special occasions such as the harvest and the start of spring. The village has always helped people as is the tradition of the Kerr’Delef. The villages along the border of the Nakshara continent has made the villages bear the brunt of refugees escaping the conflict between the Orcs and Goliaths. One such village is Talathel's village.
    Talathel had gone out do some hunting for his family as was his weekly thing for the family. Upon is way back he had noticed smoke comeing from his house. He rushed to see what has happened and upon his arrival he found that his house was burn and his mother and sisters murdered. His father was found a good distance with atleast a dozen orcs surrounding him. He went to his father and found he still barely clung to live. His father told him the orcs had come to look for Goliath soldiers and when we told them their was none here. The leader of the orc party did not believe and proceeded to harrass and search the house. Not being satisfied with coming up with anything orcs put the house to the torch. His father began to week and say he tried but he could not save them. His father reached up and told him to hurry and get the other families to safety before its to late. Talathel had gone to the other families and found the same thing repeated with the other five families.
    That's when Talathel knew he needed to warn the Kerr’Delef government of what has happened. He was on his way to the main captail when he awoke in a small forest clearing... there are four unfamiliar people around you, but you get the sense that you know them somehow. There's a heavy black tome with gilded pages and beautiful script in the center of all of you and you reach over to find it's in a strange language you don't understand... As you scan over it one of the words seems to call out to you, but you don't know what it means. You get the strangest feeling that you aren't home anymore.
    Last edited by Danseredp; 08-08-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast