Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 601

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

  1. #531

    Default

    "The texts were not clear... They never seem to be. However the general indication was to the south. The texts referenced several temples surrounding the one that they were seeking and some maps that we have from past adventurers indicate that temples that match the descriptions have been uncovered once or twice to the south of the great oasis."

    - - - - - - - - - -

    Owen finds that the Thri'kreen are less inclined to common than their own language of chirps and clicks but they each introduce themselves in turn. Shortly thereafter the merged party sets out. The first few days are through beautiful lush oasis. You stop through a few smaller villages and towns on your journey. You learn in the first night that your Thri'kreen companions do not need to sleep and keep watch throughout the night while tending to the beetle mounts.

    ((who of you will stay up at night to keep watch? What order do those people want to keep watch in? Please provide Perception checks (or other checks as you decide) accordingly?))

  2. Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - ( 1d20+14 ) [31]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge: Nature - ( 1d20+10 ) [13]
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

    www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P



  3. #533

    Default

    Owen volunteers to take first or last watch.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (d20+9) [28]

  4. #534

    Default

    The party camps by the edge of the waters of the oasis. The massive lake's waters are clear and crisp, even twenty feet out you can see the lakebed before it suddenly drops off into darkness. The party sets up for the night and the thri'kreen guides begin their nightly activities. Two of them, including Thrik, remain on guard duty most of the night while others slink off into the night... based on the prey they've brought back in the past you assume that most of them are hunting.

    During the last few hours of the watch Owen and An'drye sit together, possibly trying to make small talk, possibly seeing how big a stick they can poke Greyson with before he wakes up (the world may never know) when they notice abnormal ripples in the normally smooth surface of the lake water. What is more telling is that Thrik's companion, who had been chittering with the desert salesbug, suddenly became silent and drew an odd three pointed weapon seemingly made of a crude glass.

    An'drye's dark vision allows her to peer through the dark water to see four forms moving swiftly towards the bank, kicking up mud that hides their nature.

    ((Owen and An'drye may act in the surprise round, lets get some initiatives))

    ((Until I get a map up of some kind, the newcomers are currently 50 feet from shore and appear to be moving about 80 feet a round))
    Last edited by Zeros; 05-14-2019 at 12:16 PM.

  5. #535

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (d20+7) [17]

    Owen puts down his stick and draws his crossbow.

    "What is it?" he whispers. "Assassins? Robbers? Just innocent travelers going about their day... er, night?"

  6. #536

    Default

    ((Looks like DDS (an'drye) hasn't been online in several days... I'm not one to judge of course given my own history T.T, but to move this on I'll autopilot An'drye in this fight until DDS returns)).

    An'drye and Owen both come to their feet quickly, their hands reaching instinctively for their weapons. Thrik's companion (If you remember correctly it is something to the sound of Chikuk) chitters at Thrik who also stands warily and nods, "Clk Clk. Wake your clutch. Clk Clk. The spirits of the water grow angry. Clk Clk."

    Almost on cue the ripples in the water rise up, glistening darkly with only the campfire to illuminate the forms of two larger and two smaller water elementals and they don't appear to be slowing as they approach. Angry warbling can be heard (feel free to ask if you speak Aquan).

    (An'drye will spend her turn waking the others from sleep and to simplify things Aleisandra and Grayson will both get a turn)

  7. Default

    Aleisandra peers into the gloom as she summons her psionic arrows and hurls one in the general direction of the oncoming foes.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+4) [6]
    (Add +1 to Attack/Damage if enemies are within 30 ft.)
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  8. #538

    Default

    Grayson peers blurry eyes into the night, feeling naked without his armor, he pulls his sword to bare, standing in front of Alisandra and preparing to strike anything that comes within swords reach

  9. #539

    Default

    Although he readies his crossbow it is not readily apparent and he isn't prepared to loose a bolt until Aleisandra's bolt of energy flashes by his face slamming into one of the smaller elementals as they approach. Chikuk's odd bladed weapon whizzes behind him and likewise strikes one of the smaller elementals... But if it hurt them it didn't slow their approach.

    Each of the two smaller Elementals charge at those that attacked them, their formless bodies slowing considerably as they reach the water's edge. Aleisandra has time to duck the creature's swing and the water is repelled against Chikuk's carapace. One of the larger Elementals comes up on Greyson and brings a wall of water down on him, taking advantage of his unarmored state. Likewise Thrik is assailed by the other Elemental and a bit of magic that he had been conjuring dissipated as his concentration was broken.

    Last edited by Zeros; 05-29-2019 at 11:25 AM.

  10. #540

    Default

    So I'm still figuring out how to work Roll20 cause my old map site isn't working well for me anymore... So I'm including a map in a Roll20 site.

    Please let me know if it isn't working for your (or if you lack a roll20 account).

    As I learn more of how to work roll20 It should become more convenient for everyone involved... (oh, and hopefully I'll have your actual tokens uploaded by the end of the week)

    https://app.roll20.net/join/4702708/Tkybrw

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •