Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

1. Default

Having no reason to lie, and being against such a thing to begin with, Annie replied with the blunt direct fact "I died..." She had died enough times in her lifetime already, even in such a childlike form devoid of most of her memories it seemed that she had become desensitized to dying to some degree.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

"oh" Grayson responds quietly, not sure quiet how to respond to that, and having suffered a metaphorical death himself recently

They pass the old friend and head out on their path to the next town, a journey of about a week... Although with the worry of goblin raids the guard has more patrols moving about the outposts and the three ultimately make good time to Alyatown arriving in just under six days. They have a chance to learn somewhat of each other, but ultimately this is the most exciting thing that the priest has ever been a part of, the paladin is somewhat reserved about his past, and the deva is suffering from some degree of amnesia.

A half day restocking and asking around confirms that Annie's friends have not yet arrived back. Word sounds like the goblins have begun to have some infighting in Marletown, something about a goblin cult following of an angel of death that is challenging the leadership of the hobgoblins, although their presence is still dangerous and unwelcome. Ultimately they receive the last known heading of the group and begin their journey around the lake. They make it about two days out of Alya town when the horses begin to get a little skittish.

Roll Initiative and Perception checks!

Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (d20+2) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollinitiative - (d20) [10]

5. Default

Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - ( 1d20+2 ) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - ( 1d20+12 ) [20]
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

An'drye (although not Castus or Grayson) notices a hobgoblin and goblin hiding in some bushes, waiting to prey upon them... but by the time she manages to alert them there is movement from bushes on the other side of the road as two javelins fly for Grayson as a crossbow bolt is directed at the priest. These were sent by two goblins and a second hobgoblin that had managed to hide effectively. Although his thick armor blocks one javelin the second finds a weak spot, skimming the side of his neck. The priest takes the bolt to the thigh with a shout of pain.

After this initial barrage the three goblins charged in on Grayson, two with spears and the third with a shortsword while the two hobgoblins readied their crossbows. Only one of the spears make their way through the paladin's armor however.

((Two hobgoblins stand about thirty feet off with crossbows, three goblins are attacking the mounted Grayson))

An'drye and Grayson are up (Castus will follow your initiative).
    Last edited by Zeros; 08-19-2017 at 01:50 AM.

7. Default

"why... must people fight...?" Annie whispered saddened as she hid as far behind in the cart as she could, unable to do anything in her current state.

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

Grayson allows a smile to creep across his face "this is what I live for!" he shouts as he directs the horse past the goblins towards more threatening hobgoblins "Have at me you currs" he yells back towards the goblins hes passed before bringing his blade down on the nearest hobgoblin

ooc
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (d20+7) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d10+3) [8]

Grayson urges the horse past the goblins, the goblins trying to slow him with spears and swords, and comes down on the hobgoblin leaving a nasty gash in its shoulder.

Castus calls out to Heironeous, "Smite these monsters that dare slow the path of thy anointed!" and an earsplitting crash erupts from the center of the three goblins. One drops his sword and the other two split up, one to attack Grayson and the other to go after Castus. As it begins climbing into the carriage it stabs at the priest, but misses.

The hobgoblin drops its crossbow, drawing a sword and attacking the armored paladin as his companion launches another bolt at him. Both miss, but the third goblin comes up behind him landing a light blow on his thigh.

An'drye and Grayson are up

Grayson brings his blade back down on the hobgoblin "you will feel the wrath of Pelor" he shouts as the bastard sword slices through the air

ooc
    power attack -2 atk +2 dmg
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (d20+5) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d10+5) [6]

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast