Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

An'drye

Castus went wide-eyed as the deva began to lean in, unsure quite what to do here. He wasn't exactly used to actually getting direct answers to prayers, but he had never expected them to fall asleep on his shoulder... "Well, er... Would you like to take a nap before we leave, or would you be more comfortable on the road, Lady Annie?"

((Delaying slightly for our 'fallen' Paladin to get into position))

2. Default

(that was the idea, figured id need something like that) "Hurry... Save... Friends..." Was the only words that Annie managed to produce before finally falling asleep against the priests shoulder.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros
    Grayson

The highpriest narrows his eyes, looking at the warrior's armor, "What has brought upon you this curse of shadow, brother?"
    Shadows fall over Grayson's face, though the room remains brightly lit "I... I did this to myself... I was weak... alone.... and a coward..." the proud warrior struggles to admit

The high priest closed his eyes, "I shall determine that... Oh, Shining One, grant me that I may see this man's sin!" He opened his eyes and gazed upon the paladin just a moment, "You know not what you say, Paladin. Give me a moment to consult with our lord..."

He placed a few sun-shaped coins upon the altar, beneath the priest's hands they spun, ringing like bells and gleaming in the sunlight that fell on the altar from a skylight above their heads. Over the course of a minute the coins fell, finally the ringing ended as the coins lay out across the altar. The high priest examined them a moment before pointing to the door, "Pelor demands you leave his hall, seek your fortune and..." he paused, almost seeming uncomfortable with what he was about to say, "Atonement there."

"what?" Grayson sneers "I come here to seek Pelor's aid, and you demand I leave? I thought you were a priest of the lord of the sun, you are nothing but a charlatan" Grayson snaps before standing and leaving the room impetuously, the humility replaced by bruised pride

Although the Paladin might never know, the other priests seemed to be confused as to the High Priest's decision... Since when does a priest of Pelor declare the Shining One's will from the tossing of baubles, but what each would know, when they took their turn to clean the altar, was that Pelor made his word sufficiently clear: his command to Grayson permanently burnt into the surface of the altar.

In the atrium of the Temple of Light

Grayson huffs into the Atrium, stomping in his dull armor, wondering how Pelor could be so callous in choosing his priests... When something catches his eye. A young priest, one of Heironeous if the Paladin had to guess, was carrying what seemed to be, for all the world, an angel child. Normally Grayson may not concern himself, but the great skylight in the atrium allowed the sun to shine down in all its glory upon the pair. The youth seemed slightly out of sorts, reaching out to other passing priests as if looking for some sort of aid, yet each seemed to just pass him by.

7. Default

The angel child finally started slowly opening her eyes, she didn't really say anything but as if in mid trance she tugged the priests sleeve and pointed towards the paladin weakly, other than that she remained tucked in the priest's arms but remained awake.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

Grayson approaches the child, and kneeling next to her, he carefully studies her before speaking "I am Angel-kin as well...... what brought you here?"

The priest takes a step away from the shadowed knight, obviously a little put-off by his appearance. But noticing that he was offering help he puffed up his chest, "Lady Annie was sent to me to protect the..." his confidence faltered as he looked to Annie, "... Omnus?"

10. Default

"Find friends... protect Omnis..." Annie repeated weakly with a sense that it was really important, even if she herself had no idea what it was "Please help... chosen one..." even as a child it wasnt hard to tell what suddenly being enveloped in sunlight right in front of a paladin of pelor meant, this mostly meant for her that she was part in the plans of not one but multiple gods but she had not the energy to consider being upset about it, not that she would be upset about it, not in her current form.
    Last edited by DrakDarkstar; 08-12-2017 at 03:48 PM.

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast