Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 639

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

  1. Default

    Having determined by the lack of handle that this door opens in some other manner, Aleisandra attempts to repeat the words she heard the Thri-Kreen say earlier.

    "Dakab kamark."
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  2. #612

    Default

    Aleisandra

    At first nothing happens, but almost as if deciding that it was close enough the door silently swings open. There are a few initial stair-steps leading down into a large room. With its back towards you, thri'kreen that had been watching you kneels over a corpse of some kind (it is difficult to make out from the distance but it doesn't appear humanoid). Perhaps fifteen feet from the thri'kreen you see four thri'kreen, dead as far as you can tell, that are being propped up by something behind them, each spaced about 10 feet from its closest neighbor.

    Although you cannot see color with your darkvision, it appears that the walls are have relatively fresh paint over them... although you can't quite make out what its supposed to be representing.

    It does not appear that the thri'kreen has noticed your presence yet

    Owen, Greyson, and co.

    Tristan steps up alongside Owen and slowly lifts the broken crystal. As he does so it becomes apparent that there is a fine silver chain for which it could be hung around one's neck, as an amulet. Tristan allows the crystal to drop, catching it handily by the chain but instead of bouncing and swinging back and forth as may be expected the crystal seems drawn towards your left, as if pulled by an invisible force. "That's odd..."

    Thrik does his best to explain, "Clk clk. This is like the sacred amulets we use to find this temple. Clk clk. They are drawn to where they were made. Clk clk. Perhaps this one leads elsewhere? Clk clk."

  3. Default

    Alei silently observes this strange ritual.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  4. #614

  5. #615

    Default

    Owen, Grayson, and company

    Tristan points towards where the crystal is pulling (the wall), "Unless you have a way to walk through walls that may be difficult."

    Thrik says, "Clk clk. Usually these help clutch mates find across desert. Clk clk. They work as far as I've seen, but they can become imprecise at close range... Clk clk. It's other half is not likely in Muktakadi. Clk clk."

    Aleisandra

    After a moment of waiting there the Thri'kreen gives off an odd buzz from deep within its thorax, one that you feel in your mind almost as much as hear aloud... It feels, sad... You only have a few moments to consider the implications of that sound when you hear the door behind you slowly opening again. You realize that within the next few seconds you will have your 'stalker' at your front and someone new behind you.

    What do you do?

    Last edited by Zeros; 09-30-2019 at 09:38 PM.

  6. Default

    Alei uses the opportunity of the opening door to shadow jump her way back out. She has no more information on why that one particular Thri-Kreen was observing her than before, but it doesn't appear she'll get answers here. Once on the far side of the door, she clings to the shadows to avoid detection. More than likely, they entering Thri-Kreen will be busy looking forward and even if it catches a glimpse of her before she vanishes from sight, it is far more likely to believe it a brief hallucination rather than another being.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  7. #617

    Default

    Aleisandra's plan works and she is able to appear behind those entering, although as she is about to leave hears an unfamiliar, angry human voice (speaking in a rough Thri'kreen) alongside angry thri'kreen chittering. This catches Aleisandra's attention just long enough to see the thri'kreen that had been following her come to its feet with blazing green psychic blades prepared, one in each of its four hands. The door closes as two thri'kreen and a bald, tattooed man descend the steps swiftly, drawing weapons as they do so.

    Obviously something isn't quite as it seems, but does Aleisandra continue her retreat, call for help, or investigate the odd happenings?

    (If you choose to stay give me initiative, if not let me know what Aleisandra does)
    Last edited by Zeros; 09-30-2019 at 10:05 PM.

  8. Default

    Aleisandra opts to follow them as best she can without being detected. It was somewhat difficult to follow the original TK here, but that one was wary. Now, even though there are more, they are emotional. Distracted.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInit - (1d20+4) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+16) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+9) [21]
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  9. #619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Owen, Grayson, and company

    Tristan points towards where the crystal is pulling (the wall), "Unless you have a way to walk through walls that may be difficult."

    Thrik says, "Clk clk. Usually these help clutch mates find across desert. Clk clk. They work as far as I've seen, but they can become imprecise at close range... Clk clk. It's other half is not likely in Muktakadi. Clk clk."

    [/spoiler]
    Owen ponders at the crystal.

    "Is there any way to find out where it's trying to lead us without removing it from this temple?" he asks. "And if not... well, I'm loathe to suggest removing a historical artifact from its place, but this could be such an important clue, and the fate of the world could be at stake... perhaps my companions and I could make an arrangement to borrow the crystal for a time while we search for what it's leading to?"

  10. #620

    Default

    Aleisandra

    The three newcomers stalk down the stairs angrily, yelling at your stalker in the chittering language the whole way, although the human begins to slow as he approaches the bottom of the steps a more confident swagger coming to him and his stance. In response your stalker gestures angrily at the 5 bodies of the thri'kreen about the room as he chitters back, however as he looks back towards his assailants and the stairs you swear you see its antennae flick in your direction for a half moment. A moment later it switches abruptly from thri'kreen to a poor common, "Krkik. Why did these die human? Krkik"

    The man is taken aback for a half moment, "So the beast finally deigns to speak proper... Well as proper as can be," he stops at the bottom of the stairs, hand on a cruel looking mace, "'These' died for the purposes of the red haze, Akzuklir," he says mocking the stalker's speech, "As you will." He gestures his bald head to the right and one of his two insectoid companions began circling around to get a better angle at your stalker. Rather than backing away to protect his flank he looks at the man with hatred that Aleisandra can almost feel... Then she notes her stalker's antennae jerk at her once more, this time almost insistently, perhaps trying to get her attention? Regardless, the name Red Haze evokes memories of your time as a mind-controlled thrall under a group of the very same name.

    Before you have a chance to react the soulknife wielding thri'kreen leaps forward, covering the 10 feet in a single leap and lashing out with one of the blades, catching the man by surprise as the glowing green blade draws blood from his chest.



    Owen, Grayson, and company


    "Clk clk. No, they are like... compasses? Clk clk. They help direct but if lose... heading? one is wandering desert blind. Clk clk," Thrik turns to the leader for a few moments and after a few moments of what may have been contemplative conversation, "Clk clk. Elder says she heard of rumors of Klapkecloske... Clk clk. But rumors are not enough. Clk Clk. The Muktak must be protected from outsiders, and until she sees the Klapkecloske she can't let it go. Clk clk."

    Tristan looks like he wants to argue, but a swift look from Thrik stays his tongue for long enough to bring up a better proposal, "And what if we found one and brought it here? Would that be sufficient evidence?"

    Thrik relays the message, and after a few moments of silence, the elder nods and Thrik translates a few clicks, "Clk clk. If there is actual proof the klapkecloske are back she will grant the crystal. Clk Clk." The elder holds out a chitinous hand to take the crystal, which Tristan hesitantly grants. She places it about her neck and begins walking out of the room, chittering to Thrik who beckons the others to follow.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •