Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 642

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

  1. #601

    Default

    "I believe the necromantic aura's you have perceived are likely just acting as a mummification agent... preserving what ever corpse there might be here" the shadowy paladin suggest

  2. #602

    Default

    Owen takes a tentative step into the room, bracing himself for potential magical effects.

  3. #603

    Default

    Owen's foot steps down on the strangely dust-less floor and braces for ... Nothing. The room continues to be quiet and calm with the light continuing to radiate from upon the pedestal.


  4. Default

    Shortly after the Thri-Kreen that was staring at her vanishes, Alei begins to stalk it. She wants to know why it was staring. Even if it was simple curiosity, it will bother her to not know.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  5. #605

    Default

    "It seems to be safe in here at the moment," Owen informs the others. He approaches the pedestal with the sand on it cautiously, still on the lookout for traps.

    (I'll take 10 again, just in case.)

  6. #606

    Default

    Aleisandra

    Give me a perception check and a stealth check

    Owen, Grayson, and Co.

    Owen approaches the pedestal slowly and cautiously, but eventually comes to the realization that while this room is eery, it is not trapped. Sitting atop the pedestal, about eye level with Owen, is a somewhat clear, green hued crystal that appears as if it has been broken across one edge... Looking at it it looks very similar to what the Thri'kreen carry to get through the sandstorm except that it appears to only be half of the crystal and is green hued rather than blue.

    The elderly Thri'kreen approaches slowly behind Owen and begins speaking to Thrik who translates, "Clk Clk. Around pedestal it says... clk clk... Flesh-kreen left a gift, to find if they return. Clk Clk. This crystal leads to its twin which two will lead to..." Here both Kreen quiet for a moment before conversing for a moment, "Clk clk... the writing is too worn to make out... Clk Clk. But the elder thinks it refers to the Fleshy'kreen's gift. Clk Clk."


  7. Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+16) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+9) [17]

    Hide in Plain Sight: As long as Aleisandra remains within 10 ft. of a shadow, she can use the Hide skill even while being observed.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  8. #608

    Default

    Aleisandra

    You come out of the nesting resting area where you saw the thri'kreen. Its hard for just a moment to see the one who was watching you, but you suspect you see it dart behind another of the older buildings. Using your natural affinity for the shadows you are able to slip along the side of the wall, Thri'kreen nearby glancing about at the odd passing of air as you stalk after your watcher.

    Although keeping to the shadows is difficult with the bright sun, there are enough shadows cast by the buildings that you are able to follow your quarry mostly unnoticed.

    The thri'kreen enters a dark building, which based on the foot traffic is only seldom used. Inside is unlit, but like yourself the Thri'kreen seems unbothered by the darkness, although the darkness almost seems to swirl about you. Your odd affinity for it causes it to swirl about you, allowing you to hide even from those who don't need the light... Although every now and then it seemed to suspect something following it, but whether it is paranoia or little slips you cannot be sure.

    The Thri'kreen comes to a heavy steel door, something which appears significantly newer than than the sand colored stone around it. Here you feel an odd pull on your mind, as if your shared affinity for psionics is drawing you to the door. The thri'kreen mutters something at the door, "Dakab kamark." It opened slowly and almost soundlessly before it slipped in and closed the door.


  9. Default

    Curiosity temporarily overwhelming natural caution, Aleisandra approaches the door to inspect it. She's no Psion, but maybe she can determine if the door is special somehow? Or, perhaps it's just a normal door and someone is on the other side.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  10. #610

    Default

    As you approach the door you are struck by the fact that it is missing a handle. There are familiar looking writings around the edges of the door itself, similar to those you had seen around the ancient ruins up to the north.

    The odd connection seems to be associated with whatever is beyond the door rather than the door itself.
    Last edited by Zeros; 09-23-2019 at 02:22 AM.


Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •