Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

Default The Shadow of a New Day

.... 'Grayson! Grayson!' distorted figures call out to a man, clad in shadow-wreathed armor. He struggles to reach out to the familiar voices, but the shadows seem to hold him down preventing him from reaching those that called for his aid. It seemed to last hours, yet he knows that it took mere minutes for that awful event to come to its end...

Suddenly a lopsided white mask with shadows flowing from it appear before the armored man... He suddenly jerks awake, drenched in a cold sweat. The Aasimar sat up as he tried to rid his mind of the horror of that crusade.

As his mind cleared he remembered stumbling into the city after walking Pelor know's how many days from the frozen place he was dumped. In the brief amount of time before he found an inn that would take him in for a few copper pieces he learned that he was in the largest city in the north, the city of Nurport, a merchant port city that fed into Aoilsdawn.

((Lets get Grayson's reaction based on this much of the backstory before we proceed))

Grayson drops his face into his hands, rubbing his eyes. he stands slowly, he had covered the mirror in the room, he hardly could recognized his own face now, odd how only loosing a few shades of color could do that to him. He kneels in front of his once lustrous armor and attempts to shine it, He had already tried a dozen times to try and restore its sheen, but it still looked as though the armor had been collecting dust and tarnish for years. He tosses the breast plate away in frustration, before mentally chiding himself. he walks back to the bed and kneels offering a long and fervent prayer to Pelor. This prayer is slightly different from his those he had offered in the past, this was not a prayer of thanks, nor a prayer for strength. This prayer was not that of a warrior but that of a beggar pleading with his master to forgive an unpardonable sin. He leaves the room and finds his way to the innkeeper requesting a servant to clean his dull grey garments, when the keeper denies him he requests the materials to clean his clothes himself. After a half hour of trying to bleach his clothing he dries them and prepares for the day. He wears Pelor's symbol under his garments. Over them he wears his once glorious full plate, the symbol of Pelor barely visible but still engraven on the front of the breastplate. He places an unloaded crossbow on his hip and a sword on his belt. he places his great sword on his back and a heavy shield over it every piece of equipment stylized with Pelors sun. Fully prepared he pulls a hood up over his head before leaving the inn.

Usually in all the stories Grayson heard whenever someone needed to go on a redemption quest the way was made known, but he had no idea on how to proceed, no idea what Pelor's will was. He finds himself asking around the port town, asking about Cleriok, and for anything that Pelor might wish for him to accomplish.

Grayson

The sun shines brightly, normally a good omen for a servant of Pelor... But its light can't even manage a gleam off of the daily-polished armor, on the occasions that the Aasimar's face meets the light its rays seem... harsh, unforgiving.

Most people give him a wide-berth, even most of the cut-purses and beggars who would normally rub up against him for a coin or two. Despite that the streets are crowded, and for a few copper here, a few silver there. It seems its only been about two weeks since he left Cleriok on his crusade against that vile masked shadow. Eventually he seeks out a Temple of the Light, a temple containing shrines to many of the Deities that support and build up the world, those seeking peace.

Within he quickly finds a wing dedicated to Pelor, its priests keep their distance from him but offer him whatever service he seeks. The highpriest of the temple stands behind the altar, his shining breastplate has obviously not seen battle recently from its polished luster, but several repaired dings show that it has not always been unused, "Brother, what do you seek?"

An'drye

In the Temple of Light in the great merchant town of Nurport, a priest of Heironeous recites his morning prayers, "... oh thou great archpaladin, this day let me be guided that I may do your will. Present to me that which you would..." he recites, a typical prayer for those living the boring life of a city-priest. But today that prayer is met with a much more fervent answer than usual. A light gradually, expanding and growing, eventually catching the priest's attention.

After a few moments a great swirling pool of white shimmers before him, and out steps a being of such beauty that he could not describe it if he wanted to. It looked him in the eye and laid a small bundle atop the altar to Heironeous, and leaves without a word. The young priest watches, his mouth agape, speechless as the portal to some higher realm closes.

After a few moments he approaches the altar with reverence, only to notice something within it stirring. From within the bundle rose a small child-like figure.

The priest reaches out softly, "Young one... Eh... Who... What are you here for?"

5. Default

"Nyu?" The little girl tilted her head as she took a few moments to recall her memories, but soon she explaimed "Omnis must be protected! What is Omnis? Ah! Friends! Friends in danger!" She fluttered her little wings trying to go towards them but soon she realized of the current problem she was faced with "Umm... mister mister where am I?"
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

Grayson gazes on the priest forlornly "I have displeased Pelor..... I come here for atonement"

An'drye

The priest is obviously confused, likely having expected something equally cryptic but more resounding than the cute little deva, "You are in the city of Nurport of the North, the Temple of the Light... What are you talking about, Omnis and what friends?" he asks, "What would you have me do?"

Grayson

The highpriest narrows his eyes, looking at the warrior's armor, "What has brought upon you this curse of shadow, brother?"

8. Default

"Nurport? i need to find friends! Theyre... uuuh... North of marletown... maybe? They were last i... ah how far is that? and what day is it?" An'Drye seemed to know very little about her current situation other than her very important mission, and as far as she knew she had no time to worry about other things, barely even realizing the shape of her body.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

An'drye

"Lady..."
    he paused realizing he still didn't have something to call her, "Marletown is about a week's journey to the North, but all reports are that it was overrun by goblins. What friends do you have that would be venturing there in such a cri..." he threw his hands up as if realizing something, "Yes, we shall leave at once, I shall not ignore such an answer to prayer." An'drye may, or may not, notice the boyish enthusiasm that one might expect from a boy about to embark on an 'adventure.' "I suspect we may be able to proceed alone, and the highpriest of Heironeous is away, but I'm sure we can gather some that will be willing to aid you us on this quest!" realizing that he may be getting slightly ahead of himself he turned slightly red up to the ears, "I'm sorry, I am Castus, humble priest of Heironeous. Is there anything you need done before I begin preparations my lady?"

10. Default

"I am Annie, thank you very much Castu, lets go... as soon as posible..." Finally able to relax a little, the sense of urgency fading down along with the adrenaline, An'Drye started feeling dizzy and had to lean on the priest as her eyes closed softly "Annie... tired..."

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast