Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

Owen saunters out from the doorway and stands by the body of the creature.

"I believe this should suffice as proof of the Klapsecloskes' continued existence," he says. "Ms. Aleisandra, how on earth did you find this creature? And with such perfect timing?"

Grayson gives owen a pained smile "heh... I should hope so" approaching the beast, Grayson wracked his mind about what it could be, still, he had enough experience with the undead to know how to keep soemthing dead, using both hands he slammed his blade into the beasts head, or at least what grayson hoped was its head

3. Default

Alei motions with her head at the kreen behind her. "This guy, actually. He drew my attention at one point, so I followed him for awhile. Found him in some sort of room with several dead kreen in it. He doesn't speak Common well, so we haven't really had much in the way of conversation. What I do know, however, is that he was threatened by some other human. He claimed that those dead kreen had died for 'the purposes of the Red Haze'." She explains. "That name is...vaguely familiar to me. I seem to recall they were the group that had enthralled me previously. After he and I dispatched this human and his two thri-kreen companions, we attempted to discuss what was going on, but as I said he is not good with Common, and I obviously do not speak their language. In truth, it was mere luck we happened upon this creature when we did. We were on our way back to speak to the elders and find someone able to translate between us when it attacked."
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

With Grayson not having to account for the creature's movement he is able to get a few clean swings to finish cleaving through the creature's head.

Thrik translates for the elder as some of the onlookers huddle closer to hear and others disperse. After a few moments the elder points at a few kreen and gives them some sort of command, after which they move cautiously into the ruins the creature emerged from. Then she looks to Akzuklir and gestures him forward.

There is a quick conversation in Kreen during which after which Thrik translates, "Clk clk. Akzuklir is a..." Apparently the much more verbose Thrik struggles to translate this word as well, "Naksia. Clk clk. He says human was controlling kreen minds. Clk Clk. Here for... Red haze? Clk Clk. Says human spoke of Klapkecloske and sacrificed kreen to them. Clk clk. Lost his last clutch mates, family, to them. Clk Clk," Thrik then turns to Owen as the Elder holds out the crystal amulet from inside the cave, "Clk clk. She says that indeed this proves the Klapkecloske are here. Clk Clk. She asks you return it and its twin when you are done. Clk clk."

((Any other questions that are unanswered (mostly from Aleisandra as she was unable to ask Akzuklir questions until now but now is a good opening and soon to be a transition)))

5. Default

Alei does have a few clarification questions for Akzuklir. She's fairly certain based on the charades that accompanied their talk previously that 'naksia' and/or 'raykiz' mean something similar to 'mind powers'. Psionics. Still, if they can clarify it will make her feel better. Not a big deal, just a curiosity. Also, there was that other phrase/term he used. 'Dakab Kamark'. Yes, it was used as the 'password' for that room before, but Akzuklir also used it when speaking directly to her. She's curious if it has any meaning in the common tongue.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

"Clk Clk. Yes! Naksia is like psion. Clk clk. Raykiz can mean head or mind... sometimes soul. Clk clk. Dakab Kamark in your tongue is bloody haze, maybe the same as your Red Haze? Clk Clk"

poking around with his sword, Grayson looks for anything of note on the body of the dead beast

As Grayson pokes through the corpse still oozing with ichor he notes tatters of clothing and what may have once been armor imbedded in the creature's skin between the chitinous plates. As you continue to examine this strange occurrence you find what appears to be 3 scroll cases attached to a piece of belt that is embedded into the creature's hide. They come up easily enough and looking inside you see that two of them appear to be arcane scrolls and the third is an apparently black piece of paper.

Grayson raises an eyebrow, wiping ichor from his blade before barking at owen "halfling, why don't you see what these are?"

Owen accepts the amulet gratefully.

"We shall return it and its double as soon as possible," he vows before putting it around his neck and tucking it under his shirt.

Grayson raises an eyebrow, wiping ichor from his blade before barking at owen "halfling, why don't you see what these are?"
    "Oh, certainly," Owen says. "I do love investigating strange objects."

He casts Detect Magic on the scrolls and the paper and studies them intently.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpellcraft - (d20+2) [8]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpellcraft - (d20+2) [7]

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566