Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

When Grayson pulls Owen out of the bag (or Owen crawls out if Graysons' grip is loose enough) Owen finds that he can see everything in black and white out to a distance of 60 feet. It dawns on him that Aleisandra, Grayson, and all the Kreen see like this whenever they glance through darkness. He now sees the skeletons, the cliff and the platform 30 feet from the edge of the cliff, as well as the magical letters in grey scale which still say, "For mortals many this chasm great, with a fall that is most dire, but you my friends shall escape this fate, to come across without wire."

"How strange!" Owen says when he emerges back out of the bag. "I've never had darkvision before. It will take some time to get used to. By the way, my bag is simply enormous now. I think it's something to do with the orb. I think we should investigate it later. But for now, we should decide who to cast the Jump spell on. I myself don't need it; I plan to crawl across the ceiling."

Grayson turns to alisandra "how much do you weight exactly?"

4. Default

Aleisandra blinks in surprise at the strange question, then pauses to think. "I don't especially keep track, but...'round 170 (lbs) I think."
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Gray crinkles his eyebrows in thought "perhaps you take the enchantment, and then I will climb inside of the magic bag. You will then jump across" he offers

Thrik looks about the group with a twitching of his antennae that you've come to associate with confusion, "Clk clk. So armored warrior gets in bag, Thrik provides spell, and human Naksia jumps across? Clk clk," then he looks to Owen, "Clk clk. Little non-kreen can walk on ceiling? Clk clk?"

((Note: I have no objections to your plan. Just using Thrik to confirm it. If you guys are happy with that plan I'll just need the spider walk spell from Owen and a jump check from Aleisandra (There is enough room to get a 20 foot head start before the jump, you can assume Thrik will cast the spell to give you +20 to your jump)))

7. Default

Aleisandra nods. "It seems the best plan at the moment. With his heavier armor, (unintelligible mumbling) might not be able to make it across the gap, even with the aid of the spell. Not that I'm much of a jumper myself, but, unless someone has a better idea?" She trails off.
    Last edited by Faeryl; 02-16-2020 at 08:34 PM.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Gray nods before lowering himself into the bag, choosing to ignore the slight agaisnt his protective suit of metal

Owen uses the scroll to cast Jump on Aleisandra.

After ensuring that she, Grayson, and the Thri-keen have made it across, he'll use his Spider Climb ability to scuttle up the wall, across the ceiling, and down to the other side.

Aleisandra feels the muscles in her legs suddenly flex and tighten for a few moments as the spell takes hold, her body seems to know exactly what to do to maximize any jump she attempts.

((+20 enhancement bonus to Athletics (jump) or Acrobatics (jump) for 5 minutes))
    Last edited by Zeros; 02-18-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast