Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder AP: Hells Vengence

Default Pathfinder AP: Hells Vengence

Howdy y'all

I'm intending to run the Hell's Vengeance Adventure Path for those interested. The basic synopsis is:

In Hell's Vengeance, Paizo's first Adventure Path designed for evil characters, the players take on the roles of villainous agents of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune, which rules the devil-dominated nation of Cheliax. Under the leadership of a zealous paladin of Iomedae—goddess of honor, justice, and valor—a new knightly order called the Glorious Reclamation seeks to purge Cheliax of its diabolical taint by overthrowing the House of Thrune and reclaim the country for its people in the name of Iomedae. As the uprising gathers strength, the evil adventurers must defeat the valiant knights and their celestial allies to stop the rebellion's spread through Cheliax and preserve Thrune's oppressive rule. Will the wicked antiheroes quell dissent and uphold the infernal laws of Cheliax and its diabolic rulers, or will the heroic knights of the Glorious Reclamation overthrow the corrupt House of Thrune and usher Cheliax into a new age of peace, prosperity, and glory?

Remember this is designed for neutral and evil characters. To assess what that means, discussions will be held to understand what individual players may find acceptable within those parameters.

WHEN: Sundays bi-weekly at 1 PM EST

WHAT: We use maptools as the VTT and Discord for In Character and Out of Character conversation.

If your interested feel free to post of PM me.
    Campaigns GM'd to Completion:
    Shattered Star
    Jade Regent
    Serpent Skull
    Kingmaker
    Wrath of the Righteous - TPK
    Second Darkness

2. Default

I'd be very interested in joining this.

Always happy to join your games

INTERESTED! SUPER INTERESTED!!!
    Ok... I've never played Pathfinder before, but I've always wanted to. I always wanted to do an explicitly EVIL campaign and now it's my chance!

So, yeah... I'm interested... VERY interested. I'll read the Pathfinder manual and try to get a hold for the rules, but I'll probably need some help with character-creation (I'm thinking about a necromancer of some kind, but I don't really know all the clases in Pathfinder and there could be something that catches my eye)

Disclaimer: I'm from Argentina and, even if I have communicated on english for a long time, I'm by no means an expert on the language and my accent is... Passable at best. Just thought to let you know

P.S: Music for the campaign (?)
    Last edited by Rudolph; 07-31-2017 at 09:59 PM.

5. Default

Very pleased about this. Claiming the role of an antipaladin for me.

6. Default

I would also like to take a position in the campaign. Not quite sure what I will play yet but will have a character up before this weekend.

7. Default

I have been interested in playing a Dread Necromancer for a while now so consider me interested, but i would need to ask for some 3.5 content to be allowed if thats the case (particularly that class), also what is the starting level?
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

youtube.com/c/RanYakumoKyu
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

Good to see interest.
    Character Creation rules:
    • 15 point Buy

• No Crafting
    • 3rd party classes will be considered on a case by case basis
    • No 3rd party races unless approved by the GM

• 2 traits and 1 additional one which must be from the campaign guide
    • The GM reserves the right to ask players who have made character more or less powerful than the group standard to make adjustments as he sees fit.
    • Refer to the PFS rules set for feats, magic items and Archetypes that are banned from play in this AP.

No starting ability score should exceed 18 even after racial bonuses
    No starting ability score should be lower than 8 after racial bonuses

General Rules

• Character death and return, that character will incur some kind of lingering penalty that can only be recovered from advancing to the next level.
    Examples of which might be a lower level, reduced ability score, casting failure chance etc.
    • Death to an Animal Companion or familiar will delay their return to the next level or upon GM consideration.
    • Crits will be multiplied based upon the first roll. This is so I don't have to keep rolling macro chains.
    • Characters Level at the same rate unless several games are missed
    New/replacement characters will be introduced at a level lower than the party

Monster Rules
    • I’m going to move away from feats and 3.5 based expectations to make my monsters function more open. So when a creature is able to do things unexpected by the standard functionality of feats and spells don’t freak out.
    • The GM reserves the right to pre-modify monsters as he sees fit.
    • Some of the foes encountered will benefit from Mythic tiers (yes even in Second Darkness).

Treasure

I will award gear as it appears in the story with some additions or subtractions as I see fit.
    Players should submit a wish list for me to consider. When doing so attach the cost listing for that item.
    In the case of multiple players wanting the same item the players in question must roll for it on a d100. Highest gets the item.
    Selling of items will take on the boards in between games and only when there is access to suitable merchants.

I don't remember enough of 3.5 to allow that. Otherwise I would recommend reading through the players guide which is free on the paizo site.
    Last edited by trexnco; 08-01-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    Shattered Star
    Jade Regent
    Serpent Skull
    Kingmaker
    Second Darkness

No Evil or Chaotic Neutral? But... Isn't the entire point of the campaign being EVIL?

LOL thats a mistaken carry over from the last campaign I ran, Second Darkness. In this you can absolutely be evil or CN.
    Shattered Star
    Jade Regent
    Serpent Skull
    Kingmaker
    Second Darkness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast