Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ToD OOC Chatter: Episode 5

@Mal: you can certainly try. Between your shadow hound and the Grim's bird, you ought to be able to find out where they're going and a little of what they do. Going in alone as an imposter could be dangerous.

Come join us on Discord!

2. Default

Well, isn't that a bit too direct for Vala? Anyway, I agree with doing what you think she'd do. We play safe all the time in real life, you can afford to take a few risks in D&D at least.

Good gods...what'd I miss this afternoon?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    This is for my group..

I'm about to do something very stupid..
    The question is..

Should i post the following on main thread??

Oh.. i know it is consistent with Vala..
    I'm just asking your input before i do anything, because there is a chance the guard goes with it,
    call his superiors, arrest both parties for verification, and loose the cult's tracks in the meantime.

The thing is, that, as i see it, we have to do something now, and not let this end here.
    Until now, the cult didn't know we were on their tracks, and even if they did, they didn't had specifics.
    Now they have our faces, abilities & numbers.

How easy (and safe) would be to keep up with following them, if we let the half dragon lady return to the cult with that info?

Maybe Riglin finds out where they heading next, so we can afford to "lose them" for a while,
    in case we are held by the authorities for some time..

Fair points.

Default ToD OOC Chatter: Episode 5

Been having some internet trouble the last few days, and troubleshooting, talking to support, and shopping for workarounds has taken quite a lot of time and mental energy, not to mention the lack of internet means I can only post from my phone (which makes posting more complex things quite difficult/annoying/time-consuming). I'll be following up on your posts ASAP, which should hopefully be after the technician comes out tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-06-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Sorry to hear that, that sounds incredibly frustrating.

In the mean time, i have a question. The Actor feat flavor text says you can imitate someones voice after listening to them, and this mechanically translates into Advantage on deception checks. For someone without the feat, could they still imitate someone's voice (but not at advantage)?

I'm mainly wondering if I could at some point imitate the constable while talking to some guards, or if I need to limit my use of Disguise Self so that i only imitate people who arent known to the NPCs I'm talking to.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Default ToD OOC Chatter: Episode 5

You could try. I would rule you rolled it straight for people who may not know the constable, and at disadvantage for people who know him well.

Come join us on Discord!

I'm trying really hard to hold back on the urge...

My old DM used to put our group (and me specifically) in situations like these,
    where we were presented with an opportunity to take a shortcut to the main goal,
    but stonewalled by inferior npcs that due to circumstances had the upper hand at the given time.

I was always up for punching through said "stonewall", go guns blazing under the impression that PC>Npc,
    but because of my allignment & the make up of the group (unwilling Neutrals & radical lawfuls) i ended up
    breaking my fists on said wall and wasting the opportunity (that i believe that it never was there).

The situation now is different (or i'm mistaken again and it is not)..
    Vala is known (to you as Players & to her group) that although she makes a coin working for the badge,
    she doesn't really has any respect for it.

Hmm..
    How to handle this?
    1. Back down, leave the city & wait for the caravan to start going again & follow it?
    2. Back down for now, trust that a Harper is witnessing the scene, and debrief him/her later?
    3. Kill the dragon mini boss right now, in cold blood, infront of the guards and cross the line?
    4. Escalate and go into a all out fight in the middle of the road?
    5. Escalate (RP wise) and demand the Constable presence at point?
    Was thinking using my pedigree, but i really doubt it would have any effect at this point...

The urge says 3 or 4..
    Previous experience says 1 or 2..

Really don't know..
    I'll wait a few more posts to see how this play out.

10. Default

I am inclined to go for point 1 as a player. I need to spend some time really trying to channel my inner Grim to determine what my in-character response should be.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast