Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ToD OOC Chatter: Episode 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    Ok..
    in case i misunderstood the entire game..

There is a cult, led by 5 (now 4) half dragons that attacked evergreen.
    We defend Evergreen, and with the Mayor's blessings, we are after them.

The cult, most likely, attacked more villages/towns except Evergreen.

You are telling me that neither Evergreen, nor any other of the Cult's town victim Mayors sent word to the largest city of the coast
    about the threat coming their way??

I'm actually surprised that there is no defending army holding ground around the city.
    And let's say that there is no army..
    There should be at least an order to check visitors at the gates so no cult member can get in the city.

And lets say that for whatever reasons all messengers got lost/killed/stopped/got late..

Wtf are the Harpers doing?

And to conclude..
    Vala is a Bounty Hunter..
    She is doing her job.

Not to mention that there would be no better chance to find one of the cult's leaders exposed like this again.

So..
    from my perspective, Kill the half dragon, and THEN, if needed run..
    The people in Greenest had heard of raiders hitting outlying farmsteads and such in the surrounding Greenfields area, but had thought that their town was too big to be hit... they were wrong. They were the biggest hit that had occurred (and still hold that title, as far as you know). Nobody knew for sure where the raiders were heading beyond what you found in their camp - a vague map saying they were heading north, presumably toward Baldur's Gate. Enough time has passed for a message to be relayed, but Baldur's Gate is exponentially larger than Greenest and likely didn't feel threatened. How do you identify a cult member? You only knew you were chasing a cult member because you recognized Rezmir. They don't exactly walk around with their "I'm with the cult" shirts on. It's expensive to keep a standing army, let alone one on alert. Baldur's Gate undoubtedly has a standing army that might include at least a portion of the city guard - those more knowledgeable among you would know for sure they do: a standing mercenary army called the Flaming Fist.

The Harpers are doing what they do best: avoiding notice and gathering information. They only directly act on information when they feel confident their actions will have the biggest impact. They're disjointed and have a very loose organizational structure, hence why it's taking so long to get info back about your girlfriend (no, I haven't forgotten about that).

Quote Originally Posted by theskyvalker View Post
    The idea is that these are just small fry, even the half-dragons. We are trying to get to where they are taking all the loot. That is the big goal. If we kill them and they don't lead us there, then we are doomed.

Also, the cult's existence is not public knowledge, yet.
    Technically scholars and other defenders of the realm know about the Cult of the Dragon, they just may not all know about their new focus on living dragons or their current activity. It's a book knowledge rather than boots on the ground knowledge, though that is beginning to change, thanks to your actions.

~ I had a lengthy explanation typed about the matter and my Inet dropped..
    Anyway.. keynotes..

Doesn't need to be public.
    News spread easily by adventurers, travelers, traders & bards.
    When a small town is raided to smithereens by a cult that commands dragons, people panic and tales spread..
    Other small towns would contact bigger towns for info and help, in anticipation of getting raided too.
    Baldurs Gate, the biggest city in the region, should not only know, but thus far already taking some actions.

Unless...
    Rellot..
    do i smell a conspiracy?
    Has the cult already infiltrated the City's leadership?
    IS the cult the city's leadership?
    We Are Doomed!
    Maybe the army has been dispatched to defend smaller cities? I don't know. The cult is looking for a pretty significant change to the world... Novus ordo seclorum.

Come join us on Discord!

I dont have access to my sheet right now, im at work.
    If it was me that had taken that paper from headguard that said we are deputies, I ll show it to the guard and say "I want these people arrested" and nothing more.

Tapatalk

I dont have access to my sheet right now, im at work.
    If it was me that had taken that paper from headguard that said we are deputies, I ll show it to the guard and say "I want these people arrested" and nothing more.

Tapatalk
    You had it, but the constable revoked your and Irieella's privileges when you assaulted him. Grim and Riglin are the only ones with it now. The constable warned that if you stepped out of line under their supervision, both you and they would be held responsible.
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-04-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

That moment when your portent rolls align just right to keep a critical spell going~

Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    That moment when your portent rolls align just right to keep a critical spell going~
    Too bad you won't have them to help you later when the illuminati come for you. I mean... Oops. I've said too much.

Come join us on Discord!

Its okay, this is pretty much my moment to shine before I die horribly, or worse ^_^

Default ToD OOC Chatter: Episode 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    You had it, but the constable revoked your and Irieella's privileges when you assaulted him. Grim and Riglin are the only ones with it now. The constable warned that if you stepped out of line under their supervision, both you and they would be held responsible.
    Still at work...
    I dont need a valid paper..
    Just the old paper,that if I remember correct, we still have.
    I really dont think that all the guards are informed.
    And anyhow, if Grim n Riglin r still deputized, no problem.
    We show the paper, WE arrest them, and GG.
    As far for proof?
    2 humans, a gnome a half,and a drow elf are witness to their crimes.

Tapatalk

Still at work...
    I dont need a valid paper..
    Just the old paper,that if I remember correct, we still have.
    I really dont think that all the guards are informed.
    And anyhow, if Grim n Riglin r still deputized, no problem.
    We show the paper, WE arrest them, and GG.
    As far for proof?
    2 humans, a gnome a half,and a drow elf are witness to their crimes.

Tapatalk
    Your papers were removed when you were arrested. You're still ignoring what Grim has suggested.

I'm going to refrain from commenting on your plans anymore, though. I don't want you to feel like I'm railroading you.

Come join us on Discord!

This is for my group..

I'm about to do something very stupid..
    The question is..

Should i post the following on main thread??

That sounds pretty consistent with Vala, i say do what you think she'd do.

Rell, before I decide what action to take, is there any chance of me blending in with their group and taking this attendant's place, or would Mal think its obvious to them what happened?
    --------------------------------------------------------

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast