Page 61 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1101

Thread: ToD Episode 5: Shadows on the Trail

  1. #601

    Default

    "Beautiful!" Mal exclaims. "I've been away from my post for a while, so if there's not much more to discuss, we should separate. No need to draw unwanted attention. See ya around!"

    Mal then heads off back to his post and is ready to resume the journey.
    --------------------------------------------------------

  2. #602
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    The caravan continues. Five days later (day 43 of a 60 day journey), the caravan slows again. It is once again because of what they find in the road, but it's not a cart or a deer... it's a human head. On the bright side, it seems to be attached to a body that's been buried in the earth. On the downside, the person seems to be unconscious, and the word "Oathbreaker" has been written across his forehead.

    When Mal sees the man, he immediately recognizes him: Carlon Amoffel.



    Come join us on Discord!

  3. #603

    Default

    As another crowd forms, Mal moves forward, asking a random passerby what the holdup is. When he is told "A head was found", he sighs and pushes through the crowd to see.

    "Okay let's take a look here," he says as he nears the front. "Whatever it is, I'm sure we don't need to stop the whole..." his eyes finally register and recognize the head and his demeanor changes entirely as his face goes white, "Carlon! No!" he gasps, as he rushed forward. "No, no, no!" He kneels down and starts pulling at the dirt around his neck in a panic, until he notices the slight movement and sound of breath. "Oh, thank the gods." Mal says to himself, before shouting "he's breathing! Someone get me a shovel and help me dig him out!"
    --------------------------------------------------------

  4. #604

    Default

    Illimistra, shovel in hand assuming one is handy from one of the supply wagons, helps Mal dig the man up.

    "Who is this Carlon?" she asks under her breath as she digs.



  5. #605

    Default

    Vala seeing the commotion stays with her assigned wagon as she notices Mal heading to see what it is all about.
    Mal's cry & Illimistra's run for aid is enough for her to get her off her charge and bring her alongside them.
    Mal obviously knows the head.. the man, who someone obviously left there as message.
    She immediately draws her weapon, but without yet pointing it at no one but the ground, she prompts the crowd
    to keep clear as the two guards (Mal & Illimistra) give their aid to the half dead man.
    She chooses not physically help them unbury him, as two freaked out hands & a shovel pounding next to the
    man's neck are already dangerous enough. She instead keeps the crowd away, and starts to methodically scan
    their surroundings for an ambush; obviously, whoever did this was playing with them.


  6. #606

    Default

    "Thank you." Mal says, glad for the drow's help. "He's a Harper. My mentor. He took me in after an accident that likely would have had me executed, and helped teach me to hone my abilities. I knew he was in the area, my mission was to find and help him. Gods, I hope he's ok."

    Mal continues digging to free the man, and looks for any wounds that may need tending.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMedicine - (1d20 ) (10) [10]

    (Also, is he buried vertically or horizontally? The former will take a lot longer to dig out)
    --------------------------------------------------------

  7. #607

    Default

    Ignatius sees all the commotion going on, and he simply gives a soft sigh. For a caravan ride, there were certainly no shortage of problems. The mask flips onto his head as he's filled with medical knowledge as he pushes it back up, calmly walking over to the man and helping Mal dig him up while examining him as well. If its clear that the man only needs basic medical attention, he will simply touch him after he is dug out and fill him with some healing energy.

    (Psychic Focus for Nomadic Mind: Medicine. If it will help him regain consciousness, he will use 1 Psy Point for Mend Wounds)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMedicine Check - (1d20+4) (19) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMend Wounds - (1d8+5) (4) [9]

  8. #608
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,022

    Default ToD Episode 5: Shadows on the Trail

    The man has been buried vertically. Someone really wanted to make sure he couldnít free himself and suffered as much as possible. As you dig to free him, you see bruises covering much of his body, and his skin and eyes are discolored - he has likely been here with no food or water for several days. His injuries are likely things he can recover from, but whoever did this wanted maximum suffering.



    Come join us on Discord!

  9. #609

    Default

    "This is... extensive," Ignatius says as he continues to dig. "Malnourished, beaten, bruised... he'll recover, but someone did not like this man to leave him like this."

  10. #610

    Default

    "Is there a chance this is a message intended for you?" Vala asks the newcomer now that the crowd starts to thin up
    and returning to their posts.


Page 61 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •