Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: ToD Episode 5: Shadows on the Trail

Even with how dense this crowd was, Riglin could easily slip through the masses of people, not really needing to push himself too much.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollStrength Save - (1d20+2) (1) [3] (I make this save even on a Natural 1)

Authentic Forum Dice-rollCharisma Saving Throw - (1d20+7) (8) [15]

Mal ducks low, trying to move in between the figures in the crowd. He uses his disguise to get the onlookers to clear some space for him, while simultaneously keeping an eye on his targets and trying to avoid further detection.
    Last edited by Severalis; 07-22-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------

3. Default

This is fun, my first chase!

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurvival - (1d20+5) (15) [20]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPersuasion - (1d20-1) [6]
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 07-23-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Current positioning (I've added numbers to help keep up with overall progress as the chase proceeds):
    I-
    M+|Gr+|V+|R+
    Gu-|D-
    1. P+
    2. |
    3. |

Minus sign means disadvantage on next roll. Plus sign means advantage.
    If you succeeded last time and succeed again this time, you may take some sort of action against those you are pursuing.

Illimistra:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC to beat - (1d20) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollevent - (1d100) [13]
    You think you've got an idea of which way they're heading and try to take a shortcut. Roll insight to see how intuitive your guess was.

Vala:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC to beat - (1d20) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollevent - (1d100) [93]
    You lose sight of them for a moment. Use perception to try to find them in the crowd.

Riglin:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC to beat - (1d20) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollevent - (1d100) [16]
    A bunch of toughs think you're easy pickings and try to hold you up. Prove them wrong with intimidation.

Mal:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC to beat - (1d20) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollevent - (1d100) [61]
    You think you've heard a story about a similar circumstance, and try to recall a way to make this easier. Roll history to see how helpful that story is.

D:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC to beat - (1d20) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollevent - (1d100) [60]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollskill - (1d20) [6] +0 ((Forgot to roll disadvantage... didn't matter.))
    He pauses to try to find someone who seems likely to help stall you, using investigation.

Grim:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC to beat - (1d20) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollevent - (1d100) [77]
    The guards were only slightly convinced by Illimistra and try to hold you up, too. Use persuasion to convince them how important your reckless chase through the city is.

Bodyguards:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC to beat - (1d20) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollevent - (1d100) [100]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollskill - (1d20) [1] +2 ((Forgot to roll disadvantage... didn't matter.))
    They look for ways to move quickly through the crowd with perception.

Palanquin:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDC to beat - (1d20) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollevent - (1d100) [89]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollskill - (1d20) [15] +0 ((Forgot to roll advantage... didn't matter.))
    Just when they thought it was safe to stop ducking, their path takes them beneath a low awning. Dex save again.
    Last edited by Rellott; 07-23-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

Riglin raises his hands up, energy crackling from them as he replies. "I'm really not afraid to just burn you and the crowd behind you today. Step aside please." In truth, it's just him using the Prestidigitation spell, but its not like these thugs knew any better from real magic... not to mention, Riglin definitely had the magical capacity to blow them away in seconds.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollIntimidation Check - (2d20b1+1) (10, 5) [11]

This reminds me of a story Carlon once told me during traini ng. Hells, I wish I payed better attention to the man's ramblings... How did he manage to stalk his target through a crowd like this?

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHistory - (2d20b1) (10, 2) [10]

Ah, yes! His allies created a distraction and he slipped a magical tracker onto the target. I think he used some shadow magic... I wonder if I can replicate it...

(Now that helps explain why he can do the shadow hound: its not a patron ability but a trick taught to him by his mentor)
    Last edited by Severalis; 07-23-2017 at 01:05 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------

8. Default

"I belong to the Order of the Gauntlet and right now in the middle of an important mission", explains Grim, showing his faction membership symbol as proof.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPersuasion - (1d20+5) (8) [13]

Edit: Wow, just barely made it.
    Last edited by theskyvalker; 07-23-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Riglin raises his hands up, energy crackling from them as he replies. "I'm really not afraid to just burn you and the crowd behind you today. Step aside please." In truth, it's just him using the Prestidigitation spell, but its not like these thugs knew any better from real magic... not to mention, Riglin definitely had the magical capacity to blow them away in seconds.

[roll0]
    Quote Originally Posted by Severalis View Post
    This reminds me of a story Carlon once told me during traini ng. Hells, I wish I payed better attention to the man's ramblings... How did he manage to stalk his target through a crowd like this?

[roll0]

Ah, yes! His allies created a distraction and he slipped a magical tracker onto the target. I think he used some shadow magic... I wonder if I can replicate it...

(Now that helps explain why he can do the shadow hound: its not a patron ability but a trick taught to him by his mentor)
    Quote Originally Posted by theskyvalker View Post
    "I belong to the Order of the Gauntlet and right now in the middle of an important mission", explains Grim, showing his faction membership symbol as proof.

[roll0]

Edit: Wow, just barely made it.
    With your second successes, you get to take an action. ((Or was using Shadow Hound your action, Mal? And sky, you got advantage on the roll but didn't take it. Don't need to reroll, but night not have been such a close shave.))
    Last edited by Rellott; 07-23-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

10. Default

(OOC: Ah right, I forgot the advantage.)

Grim's action is to send a bird after it (speak with animals as an action using a spell slot) so that they at least know where they head to. The idea is not to catch up with the procession himself but to keep tabs on their destination.

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast