Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: (IC) Welcome to Laghara Academy

"If there are no more questions, I'll give you your schedules and dormitory assignments and let you all go," Ainsley says. "When I call your name, come up here."

The professor grabs a stack of papers from his desk. He calls out the names hurriedly in alphabetical order and thrusts small white envelopes into your hands. Within two minutes everybody has received their schedule. Ainsley is back in his seat and re-opening his newspaper before the last student has vacated the classroom.

Inside each envelope is a schedule (with dorm assignments at the top) and a room key.

Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 07-10-2017 at 01:24 AM.

(Owl didn't get a day/time for her last class.)

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

3. Default

After receiving her room assignment, schedule, and key, Lialda wanders from person to person, trying to make some new friends. "Is anyone else in room 2 on the fifth floor?" she asks, her voice reflecting her inner excitement and enthusiasm.

Owl double-checks her information. "I am!" the white-haired elf replies.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Agwe takes his envelope almost as hurriedly as the professor hands it out, leaving just as fast. He eagerly analyzes his schedule and tries to commit it to memory. He overheard other students calling out room names, no doubt eager to socialize; he decides he'll cross that bridge when it comes. There was no rush. He's going to have to meet his roommates eventually, so might as well get a scope of the place.

Something about the campus makes him slowly grow homesick during his wandering. It could be the weather...or perhaps the idea that he will be gone from Punari for a very long time. He sighs and shakes his head before stopping abruptly, almost walking into a person with quite amount of cloaks on. "Ahh, the one with the questions, yes?" he questions aloud, grinning. "I am sorry, was not paying attention. Could you tell me what you know about this place?" He holds his hand out to all of the academy to indicate he meant Laghara.

Quote Originally Posted by AdAltiora View Post
    He sighs and shakes his head before stopping abruptly, almost walking into a person with quite amount of cloaks on. "Ahh, the one with the questions, yes?" he questions aloud, grinning. "I am sorry, was not paying attention. Could you tell me what you know about this place?" He holds his hand out to all of the academy to indicate he meant Laghara.
    Labi freezes up as someone addresses him.
    I knew I shouldn't have spoken up...
    "Oh... uh... the school? Well, probably just as much as you do... haha ha.. I was actually going to explore around a bit on my own to check it out. I want to make sure I don't get lost during my first days of class."
    Labi will pull his hood more-so over his head as he backs away, knowing that everyone by now has seen hints of his bluish-black skin most likely.
    "You probably don't want to go with me, so don't worry I understand wandering around sounds boring." Continuing the nervous laughter, Labi accidently backs into another student while trying to get away.

((OOC: I'll let someone else decide if they want their character to be the one I backed in too))
    Last edited by Saluum; 07-09-2017 at 08:00 AM.

7. Default

"You are? That's great! I'm Lialda, by the way. What's your name?" she asks the white-haired elf, extending her hand in greeting.

Agwe merely smiles at the figure. He sees it all--the nervousness in the person's voice, their skin--but acts as if he is ignorant. "Ah, me too! What is the phrase...'great minds think alike, eh?" He laughs. "I do not mind joining you! Is no trouble to me at all. We could learn very much from each other. Ah, careful there!" He watches the figure collide into the another student. He'll smile at the student. "Apologies, no trouble meant."

Blog Entries

"Well, this is a lot of information to take in at once!" She thought excitedly but sitting perfectly straight and still. She wasn't referring to the instructions or the two big names thrown about by the teacher (the director's and his own). There was a rather big group of humanoids - and probably goblinoids and others! - sitting in one single room and coming from all over the world. She needed to learn from them. She was quickly taking notes in one of her many notebooks: "General Notes and Impressions IV". His brain bubbled with questions.

"<Interesting!>"
    She commented with a smoky voice in her best Infernal, hoping to be heard by the horned student at her right but making no eye contact so as not to force an interaction.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 07-10-2017 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Retconned interaction with Tiefling.

Blog Entries

After hearing Lialda's question Galaga replies "I am. Hello. I am Galaga." She was once told that she spoke like an ambassador. She took a very short bow, without losing eye contact.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast