Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: (IC) Welcome to Laghara Academy

Quote Originally Posted by RealWittyAlias View Post
    Natural Studies (Agwe)
    Your only other classmate in Natural Studies is Bronwen. The two of you meet at the edge of the woods, as instructed. Your teacher is a wiry old human man, his wild gray hair and beard streaked with brown. To his left are two rings of red mushrooms with white spots.

"I plan to test your survival skills," the man tells you. "You will each step into a mushroom ring. The ring will transport you each to a different area in the academy's woods. I expect you to not perish, and to find your way back here before nightfall. The teleportation circles will only be active for five more minutes, so if you have any questions then ask them quick."
    "Your name?" Agwe asks with a bright smile, excited for what lies beyond. Were they going into the restricted zone? Unlikely, but that would be amazing. In truth, he wanted to learn more about the rings and how exactly they worked, but he figures he'd ask later. He was also caught off guard by their teacher's straightforward behavior--respectable! After hearing the professor's name, the Undine bows respectfully to Bronwen. "I would wish you luck, but I doubt you need it!" He laughs and steps into a circle.

2. Default

Lialda steps into a chalk circle in the corner and looks around for any hints as to what the test might be.

Owl sits in the hall outside the classroom and starts making notes on her necromancy essay.

Upon entering the classroom again, Owl looks around and selects a circle.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+8) [27]

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

When the class starts to prepare to go inside again, Irfan stands up but makes no effort to lure the beetle to follow. If he needed the creature to remain one day, he'd cross that bridge when it came. Glowworm beetles, Irfan decides on the bioluminescent creature for his Zoology essay.

During the History and Theory of Magic class, he quietly listens and only answers questions directed to him.

Occupied by thoughts his essay assignments Irfan finds himself slowly strolling to the his final class of the day. Irfan nods to confirm his name, and faces while repeating the names of the two halflings, "Aadrika. Agrimony". Following the instructions, the young man looks down at Ches and then back at the professor. "I'm confused. You said 'we're going to be doing some trust exercises without Eidolons', but then mention we are going through the door with our eidolon."
    Last edited by ArchDruidCrea; 09-03-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Labi looks at Vulwin for the first time as an opponent rather than compatriot. All things considered, they seemed to be on approximately the same skill level with even similar paths as magus's.
    He steps into the ring and draws his weapon, "Professor, please tell us the rules for this combat."
    Labi lets his arcane energy burst as he powers up his weapon (Arcane Pool: 2/4)

Blog Entries

The dwarf doesn't waste a single moment before putting pen to paper. He spends the entire time writing furiously, penning paragraphs raving against the desecration of one's body, and the blasphemy inherent in necromancy itself. Midway he even starts to recommend ways to make the practice extinct but manages to get himself back on track, ending with fourteen different examples of mages thinking they could do good with necromancy and ending up being put down because of their hunger for power.

===========================

Basic Potions and Mutagens (Dorsard)

Basic Potions and Mutagens is held in a small laboratory on the second floor of the school. Like your last class with Bhatt, you can't see your professor anywhere. At least the door is open. You arrive at the same time as your classmate, Giuliano Stefano Inferno Esposito. You both enter the laboratory and see that their are two vials of pink liquid on a table at the front of the room. Each one has a placard in front of it that says "Drink Me."
    "Excellent," Giuliano says. "Do you think it will make us stronger? Give us wings? Turn our bellies transparent for the next six months?"
    Dorsard raises an eyebrow at the gnome's suggestions, then ponders for a moment. "Most likely, no. I'd expect something simple, such as we begin to glow, or something outrageously complicated like us being turned into wolves. Regardless, I'm sure they are going to be interesting."

Taking the note's direction Dorsard unplugs one of the vials and downs the contents, making sure to replace it on the table and step a few feet away from Giuliano in case something unexpected occurred.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

Galaga will write her three page essay on a bioluminescent creature and that will be the Fire Beatle, since she already managed to sketch it and found it interesting.

Galaga's thesis statement on morality and necromancy for History and Theory of Magic with Professor Mukhopadhyaya:

In Perfecting General Spellcraft, again with Professor Mukhopadhyaya, the samsaran saunters towards the closest unoccupied circle and hopes that the assignment will involve throwing spells at one another, since she finds her spellcasting for martial purposes lacking. She seems to have brought her big pepper grinder with her, for some reason. Rurik, her laconic and feathered familiar, is now perched in one of her shoulders, for a change.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 09-04-2017 at 07:52 PM.

(Galaga, I'm moving this to your pre-assesment thread, here .)
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Blog Entries

(Galaga, I'm moving this to your pre-assesment thread, here .)
    Gotcha

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546