Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 791

Thread: Chapter one - Hounds of Hades

  1. #11

    Default

    "Yes, this message, I would hear this before I commit to anything" Seeing again in his mind the destruction and chaos, Straith knew he would venture forth with this group of strangers if it could stop any of it.

  2. #12

    Default

    Gregor looks around at the group, and frowns, realizing they continue to voice similar things. "Well, first things first, it seems introductions are to be made and trust is to be gained. I thought I was just going mad before all this, to go on like this would just prove it."

  3. #13

    Default

    Otus sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose as all the stories of god and human interactions flit though his mind. Most of them aren't pretty, even without omens of death and destruction, "I think... we should..." A second sigh as he lifts his head to look at the others and then back to Merk "If things are so dire we should get straight to the point. What is the message Lord and why pick us, a rather eclectic bunch of strangers?"
    My characters are better with people than I am .-.

    Neutral Evil Human Monk/Druid (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores: Strength-13 Dexterity-13 Constitution-16 Intelligence-14 Wisdom-12 Charisma-11

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Tenor
    The people around Mikal, if one could call these seemingly gruff and shifty characters people, voiced the questions that first came to mind. Suddenly he felt much more at ease, knowing that he was not the only one left in the dark. Mikal waited for the man, Merk, to finish speaking before listing a few his own questions. "Oh I have a few more, how many others did you contact? Is invading our dreams really the most effective way to gather people? I would inquire what you want from us, but I assume that's part of the message you're to deliver. Oh, one more, are we going to be meeting this 'Minn'? I believe that's all I have for now." As he finished speaking he glanced at the others, getting a better look at them.
    "I have been sending messages for quite a long time, I sent out seven messages and I got seven answers" He responds quickly and confidently, almost slightly miffed by the idea someone wouldn't respond his summons "as for invading your dreams? I want you to think about the logistics of gathering all of you from all across the world? under short notice? have you ever tried sending a letter? it takes forever and gets lost all the time, dreams make quite effective message services, it worked didn't it? I am the messenger so I doubt you will ever meet my sister face to face"

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowthebard
    "Are you certain about that one, my lord?" Terreis asks, looking at Mikal. "Apparently he is not as intelligent as he looks." She turns her gaze back to their host. "If this is the path Sun and Moon have chosen for me, so be it."

    "Sun and Moon, Sun and Moon," squawks the raven on her shoulder.
    This raven instantly attracts Merk's attention, like a child with difficulty concentrating trying to walk through a candy shop. he squints "I didn't invite the bird....... but I guess you lot need all the help you can get" with difficulty merk drags his attention back to the conversation at hand "well, we are going to need some help from the sun.... though we might find ourselves hiding from the moon, and remember the sun likes those who sing his praises even when those who do have a bit more bluster than their experience should permit"

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Tenor
    "What do-Oh!" Shock and awe plastered his face and flushes a bright red as he understands, a bit too late, what he's said and who he has said it to."I-I-I-you-I-you." He takes a moment to gather himself "I see. Well then. I Apollo-gize for my rudeness." His feeble attempt to save face. "Its not everyday...." He trails off as he realizes it would be better for him to just stop talking.
    "pardon? what is with all the 'lord' business? I am a messenger I call the roads home" he grins sincerely humble "no need to trip over your tongue"

    Quote Originally Posted by AdAltoria
    Kori's brows furrowed as Merk spoke. The way he spoke a foreboding evil with such confidence...who is he? Who is his sister? Are they prophets of the gods? "A message...?" She questions aloud when she suddenly brings her surroundings to perspective. As the others speak, she looks around the temple to try and figure out which god it is--or was--dedicated to.


    Quote Originally Posted by CatsBirdi
    "Yes, this message, I would hear this before I commit to anything" Seeing again in his mind the destruction and chaos, Straith knew he would venture forth with this group of strangers if it could stop any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Mess
    Gregor looks around at the group, and frowns, realizing they continue to voice similar things. "Well, first things first, it seems introductions are to be made and trust is to be gained. I thought I was just going mad before all this, to go on like this would just prove it."
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticMoonShine
    Otus sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose as all the stories of god and human interactions flit though his mind. Most of them aren't pretty, even without omens of death and destruction, "I think... we should..." A second sigh as he lifts his head to look at the others and then back to Merk "If things are so dire we should get straight to the point. What is the message Lord and why pick us, a rather eclectic bunch of strangers?"
    "the message is simple, go to Heliopolis, have the grand priest of Apollo to reveal the location of Delphi, seek out the oracle of the sun god, find what strikes at the foundations of the gods and of the world, and you were chosen because you seven will become the most powerful mortals of this age"

  5. #15

    Default

    Gregor shakes his head at the last bit. "Ah, I'm not mad, you're mad! What makes you think a random merry band of strangers will get together and save the world!? Since when were things of such importance made so trivial?"

  6. #16

    Default

    "Olympus is under attack - not openly, but subtly." Terreis walks step by step through the situation, to make certain she understands. "The champions of the gods are too visible, too well-known, to undertake the investigation without notice. The gods have located several mortals, of no apparent importance, who have the potential for greatness, and decided to assign them - us - the responsiblity of solving this mystery. And now, the Messenger of the Gods has delivered to us our summons. If we succeed, we will have earned our place alongside the heroes of legend. If we fail...." The young Amazon pauses as she realizes what failure will mean. "If we fail - Olympus falls."

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  7. #17

    Default

    In light of the amount of information casually thrown to the group, and realizing the identity of the temple, the cleric could only chuckle and smile at the dwarf and raven-owning woman. Kori lowers her eyes and cups her chin, quietly appreciating the woman's vocal walkthrough and the dwarf's quick wit. The message is crystal clear; what catches her off guard was the way it was delivered. Regardless, she knows she'll need a lot more time to truly comprehend everything--and even then, she, too, shared Gregor's skepticism. Did Athena--no, all of the gods, truly deem her worthy of the task? To her, she had only recently earned back Athena's graces...was this planned? The thought makes her shake her head. Who am I to question your wisdom?

    A new question floats through her head. The hints are too obvious--almost painfully so--but she is aware of the consequences for assumptions. And so she wants confirmation. "Sir...forgive me, Merk," she begins, correcting herself with a smile. "Are you truly a mere messenger...or, dare I guess, would you be Hermes?"
    Last edited by AdAltiora; 07-05-2017 at 05:52 AM.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Mess
    Gregor shakes his head at the last bit. "Ah, I'm not mad, you're mad! What makes you think a random merry band of strangers will get together and save the world!? Since when were things of such importance made so trivial?"
    "I tend to make most things pretty trivial, I try not to take things to seriously" he grins at the dwarf "but I do need your help, we all do"

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowthebard
    "Olympus is under attack - not openly, but subtly." Terreis walks step by step through the situation, to make certain she understands. "The champions of the gods are too visible, too well-known, to undertake the investigation without notice. The gods have located several mortals, of no apparent importance, who have the potential for greatness, and decided to assign them - us - the responsiblity of solving this mystery. And now, the Messenger of the Gods has delivered to us our summons. If we succeed, we will have earned our place alongside the heroes of legend. If we fail...." The young Amazon pauses as she realizes what failure will mean. "If we fail - Olympus falls."
    Merk nods his head towards the thoughtful amazon "there is a woman who can understand what I am saying!"

    Quote Originally Posted by AdAltoria
    A new question floats through her head. The hints are too obvious--almost painfully so--but she is aware of the consequences for assumptions. And so she wants confirmation. "Sir...forgive me, Merk," she begins, correcting herself with a smile. "Are you truly a mere messenger...or, dare I guess, would you be Hermes?"


    "Ma'am you wound me! comparing me to the god of thieves? do I seem the type to rob someone?" He grins fondly as though he had just let a child beat him in a game of wits, then on a more serious note "go to heliopolis, find delphi, speak to the oracle.... I must go" with that he takes a step into the shadow fading away like mist.

    ooc
    and with that abrupt exit, feel free to talk to one another, I will let you all introduce you and then I will move things along.
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 07-05-2017 at 07:55 AM.

  9. #19

    Default

    Straith strolled toward the column Merk had seemingly disappeared behind. "Hm. Neat trick." he said under his breath. Turning, he sits with his back against the cool stone. "So. That was interesting. I am Straith. I hail from Larissa,
    I am a messenger, but do any number of other odd jobs as catch my fancy. Would any of you fine folk care to sit and speak as it appears we shall be traveling together?"
    Seeming at ease, Straith waits with his hands behind his head and a slight smile on his face.

  10. #20

    Default

    Otus sits down where he is and says to the open air, "I was just in your city, couldn't you have found a way that didn't give me insomnia?" Taking out a flask that seems a bit large for him he takes a quick drink before addressing the others, "You may call me Otus, I'm a singer and writer from Larissa. And the idiot who wished for adventure without moderating the thought." This last it quieter, under his breath than for the benefit of the group. He holds up his flask, "Drink anyone?"
    My characters are better with people than I am .-.

    Neutral Evil Human Monk/Druid (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores: Strength-13 Dexterity-13 Constitution-16 Intelligence-14 Wisdom-12 Charisma-11

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •