Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 791

Thread: Chapter one - Hounds of Hades

  1. #1

    Default Chapter one - Hounds of Hades

    Over the last few months a group of seven strangers have been plagued by horrible dreams of the end of the world, being beckoned by a shadowy figure. They were guided to a lost and overgrown ruin of what most have once been a great temple to the gods. They all arrived to the ruins at approximately the same time. They regarded each other carefully for a moment, as well as surveying the temple where they stood.



    before any of the heroes had a chance to speak they were interrupted by a man sitting relaxed at the top of a 30 foot pillar.

    "how are you all? Minn was worried that you wouldn't be able to find your way here" He slides down the pillar, landing on the ground as though he had only fallen a few inches "But I know the roads a bit better than she does" He grins congenially towards you all "She told me that you would all have questions? and that I should do my best to answer them before I pass on her message" he stands easily, perfectly comfortable in the environment, like a host greeting a close friend a guest. Besides being an exceptionally handsome male human the only thing particularly interesting about him is the fact that he was the only person in the ruins who wasn't obviously armed.


  2. #2

    Default

    Otus yawns again, he hadn't slept near at all last night if the bags under his eyes were anything to judge by. He steps forward and asks, "Wh-awwwmm. Ehm, Who are you is the first to come to mind?"
    My characters are better with people than I am .-.

    Neutral Evil Human Monk/Druid (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores: Strength-13 Dexterity-13 Constitution-16 Intelligence-14 Wisdom-12 Charisma-11

  3. #3

    Default

    Straith stands to left and slightly behind the others. Something about this otherworldly man put him on edge. As the question he wanted most answered had already been asked, he held his silence.

    Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default

    So it was fate, after all. These disturbing, vivid nightmares were visions from the gods. But what were these visions, a cry for help? Warnings of things to come? If so...

    Sending an agreeing nod towards the fatigued gnome, Kori also asks, "And if you do not mind, good sir: who is Minn, and why us? Why are we here?" This question is the most important of all.

  5. #5

    Default

    *So, not just a dream,* Terreis thinks as she examines not the man, but the others who have been summoned. *But who are they? Who has summoned us? Why?" The Amazon nods approvingly as her questions are voiced by the others, but remains silent.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticMoonShine
    Otus yawns again, he hadn't slept near at all last night if the bags under his eyes were anything to judge by. He steps forward and asks, "Wh-awwwmm. Ehm, Who are you is the first to come to mind?"
    "where are my manners" he chuckles lightly "you may all call me Merk, almost no one else does, but I am called a lot of things" he grins and jokes "most aren't nearly as nice"

    So it was fate, after all. These disturbing, vivid nightmares were visions from the gods. But what were these visions, a cry for help? Warnings of things to come? If so...

    Sending an agreeing nod towards the fatigued gnome, Kori also asks, "And if you do not mind, good sir: who is Minn, and why us? Why are we here?" This question is the most important of all.

    "no need to be formal here, we are all friends here. At least I hope we are."
    he gives the party a wink "Minn is my sister, and the ultimately the reason you are all here. She has seen......." for the first time since he has arrived he stops smiling "a chaos....... rising inside of the city states, our messengers have been hunted by the foulest creatures, our soldiers kept in ignorance..... and we still don't know what is striking at us........ the gods can't interfere directly, Minn and I need agents that can move through the cities without drawing attention. why you? because you are ordinary enough to move through the world quickly, and extraordinary enough to save it. You are here because I have a message I need to deliver"

  7. #7

    Default

    The people around Mikal, if one could call these seemingly gruff and shifty characters people, voiced the questions that first came to mind. Suddenly he felt much more at ease, knowing that he was not the only one left in the dark. Mikal waited for the man, Merk, to finish speaking before listing a few his own questions. "Oh I have a few more, how many others did you contact? Is invading our dreams really the most effective way to gather people? I would inquire what you want from us, but I assume that's part of the message you're to deliver. Oh, one more, are we going to be meeting this 'Minn'? I believe that's all I have for now." As he finished speaking he glanced at the others, getting a better look at them.
    Last edited by Sleepy_Tenor; 07-04-2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Ninja'd, Fixed Context

  8. #8

    Default

    "Are you certain about that one, my lord?" Terreis asks, looking at Mikal. "Apparently he is not as intelligent as he looks." She turns her gaze back to their host. "If this is the path Sun and Moon have chosen for me, so be it."

    "Sun and Moon, Sun and Moon," squawks the raven on her shoulder.
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 07-04-2017 at 07:34 PM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  9. #9

    Default

    "What do-Oh!" Shock and awe plastered his face and flushes a bright red as he understands, a bit too late, what he's said and who he has said it to."I-I-I-you-I-you." He takes a moment to gather himself "I see. Well then. I Apollo-gize for my rudeness." His feeble attempt to save face. "Its not everyday...." He trails off as he realizes it would be better for him to just stop talking.

  10. #10

    Default

    Kori's brows furrowed as Merk spoke. The way he spoke a foreboding evil with such confidence...who is he? Who is his sister? Are they prophets of the gods? "A message...?" She questions aloud when she suddenly brings her surroundings to perspective. As the others speak, she looks around the temple to try and figure out which god it is--or was--dedicated to.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReligion - (1d20+5) (12) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge (History) - (1d20+2) (12) [14]

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •